or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 543

post #8131 of 51087

Those tricolor shoes w/ a different sole would make great bowling shoes!

post #8132 of 51087
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

Soho's in multiple sizes have been put up on eBay by seller "pawhead".  I just snagged a 9D Soho in cognac that looks to be in very good condition.  The Soho is still my all-time favorite AE shoe and glad to get it in a color that I don't have.  Already have it in black and saddle brown.

 

They're used and priced at $150.  I like the Soho's, but who is going to pay that for a used pair of AE's?

post #8133 of 51087
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

They're used and priced at $150.  I like the Soho's, but who is going to pay that for a used pair of AE's?

 

For me, the 0 last fits my foot the best.  So I was willing to pay $150 for an almost new shoe that is discontinued - which I can have re-crafted for years to come.

post #8134 of 51087
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

They're used and priced at $150.  I like the Soho's, but who is going to pay that for a used pair of AE's?

 

look again

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmonds-Soho-Cognac-Oxford-Dress-Shoe-9-5-D-or-9-1-2-D-/350584666581?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item51a07979d5

 

some of them are new without the box, and in all honesty, these "used" ones from this seller are exponentially better than what you usually see on ebay.  I would pay $150 for these.

post #8135 of 51087

Anybody have experiences with sizing the larchmont, rutledge and flatiron? I know they are on the same last, but I am interested in how they fit in comparison with each other. Sometimes the blucher lacing vs bal makes a huge difference in feel (ie. kenilworth vs strands)
 

post #8136 of 51087
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

AE is awesome.  Mercedes sucks.

Bose is horrible, too.  Seriously, I know much more about speakers than I do dress shoes, and I know a lot about dress shoes now.  Bose is crap. AE is awesome.

post #8137 of 51087
My Jeffersons in the wild; they've become my favourite shoe out of my small lot since I received them a couple months back. The leather is much softer compared to my PA's and Parliament, and the leather has a much stronger smell even.



post #8138 of 51087

I just picked up the neumoras, bayfields and double eagles from the shoebank.  All of the defects I've noticed seem reasonably minor.  On one of the neumoras there's a larger gap between the welt and where the toe cap/vamp connect to the sole and the coating on the buckles of both isn't perfect. 

 

The double eagles have a 1/4"-1/2" section on the quarter of both where it was sewn to the tongue.  I also don't know if they run a little bit wide or this is also a defect, however I'm able to tighten the laces so that both sides completely touch. 

 

On the bayfields the cap toe is off somewhat on both and there are a few nicks/scuffs.  I'm planning to keep all of them as I don't think any of the issues are enough that they will bother me.

 

On a side note the bayfields are the most comfortable Allen Edmonds I've worn, I don't feel like a break in is needed.  Makes me want to buy more nice boots :)

 

To compare sizing with everyone I've been measured as a 9D by a Nordstorm associate and at another store.  Every shoe I've purchased has been in 9D and with the exception of the 2 last shoes (norwich and lombard) they all seem to fit great.  I find my recently purchased strands to fit great with little to no discomfort in the first three wearings which included a decent amount of walking.

 

The norwich and lombard feel a bit tight on the left or right little toe (different for each) though I haven't worn either one more than three or four times.  I think I'm going to try to stretch them a bit before continuing to wear them as they're the only shoes that become uncomfortable by the end of the day.

post #8139 of 51087
Hi there, i'm hoping for some sizing advice....

About to order some Neumoras that are on the 333 last and was wondering how this compares to the 5 last. I have the Strand's and Delray's in a 10D that both fit fine.

Any help is appreciated as i'm ordering from Australia.

Cheers
post #8140 of 51087
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy View Post

Hi there, i'm hoping for some sizing advice....
About to order some Neumoras that are on the 333 last and was wondering how this compares to the 5 last. I have the Strand's and Delray's in a 10D that both fit fine.
Any help is appreciated as i'm ordering from Australia.
Cheers

 

Half step down for me on the 333 last.  I tried the Neumoras on Saturday.  Went with a 9.5D (same as my strands and Neumok) and the toe box was pretty big, and they were noticeably wider.  Went to a 9D and they fit perfect.  Nice and snug.

 

If the strands fit your perfect in a 10D, I would suggest going 9.5D.

post #8141 of 51087

Facet... Those Jeffersons are beautiful.  Do you know what leather is used?  Nappa? 

 

I was amazed at how much softer they were off the shelf a few weeks back, however with those prices, I ended up going shell cord.  Since I have the McAllisters already in Merlot, the Rutlidges are on my radar.  Absolutely beautiful shoes. 

post #8142 of 51087
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

 

For me, the 0 last fits my foot the best.  So I was willing to pay $150 for an almost new shoe that is discontinued - which I can have re-crafted for years to come.

 

So, your total investment is $300 for a pair of used AE's where the liner and leather has soaked up someone else's foot sweat?  Sorry if I'm being judgmental (don't mean to be), but I just don't get that.  For the one that was new in box for $175 (with shipping), I would totally be all over that as the Soho and Evanston are awesome.

post #8143 of 51087
New AE's on the website.

New Park Avenue colors - Granite Grey and Walnut Cloud

New McTavish color - dark brown (already shown ealier on this thread)

Players - now in Walnut and Black calf (not sure if that was there before) and the Bitter Chocolate suede is back

Hamptons - now in brown burnished/brown grain and black/black grain

Ridgeway is back

Pierpont - gray / navy saddle

Flagstaff - new casual penny loafer

Parkway - new split toe blucher (black grain is a choice)


I already have the new McTavish color coming to my local menswear/shoe store. I'm also liking the Hampton in burnished brown / brown grain.

Chris
post #8144 of 51087
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

So, your total investment is $300 for a pair of used AE's where the liner and leather has soaked up someone else's foot sweat?  Sorry if I'm being judgmental (don't mean to be), but I just don't get that.  For the one that was new in box for $175 (with shipping), I would totally be all over that as the Soho and Evanston are awesome.

 

I don't think you understand.  The shoe was maybe worn once.  I do not plan on having them re-crafted for quite some time.  They should be good to go for several years of good use before needing to be re-crafted.

 

If the shoe was in bad shape and needed immediate re-crafting, then yes I would tend to agree with you on the price.

post #8145 of 51087
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

New AE's on the website.
New Park Avenue colors - Granite Grey and Walnut Cloud
New McTavish color - dark brown (already shown ealier on this thread)
Players - now in Walnut and Black calf (not sure if that was there before) and the Bitter Chocolate suede is back
Hamptons - now in brown burnished/brown grain and black/black grain
Ridgeway is back
Pierpont - gray / navy saddle
Flagstaff - new casual penny loafer
Parkway - new split toe blucher (black grain is a choice)
I already have the new McTavish color coming to my local menswear/shoe store. I'm also liking the Hampton in burnished brown / brown grain.
Chris

 

Not feeling the grey Park Avenue, but the walnut cloud is nice.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread