or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 538

post #8056 of 49548
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post

 

I tried the Neumora on in Boston on Saturday.  Surprisingly, they run even longer than the 5 last.  A 9.5D for my Strands and Neumoks fit like a glove, the Neumora 9.5D fairly long and wide, 9D was much better and fit almost identical to my 9.5D Strands.

 

Just incase anyone is wondering how they fit...

 

Also, the manager suggested the Chili edge and sole dressing for my walnut strands... i thought neutral was the way to go, but I will try it tonight and see how it looks...


Same experience with me. sized down .5 from my strands and got almost an identical fit with the larchmonts as my strands. The 3 last is quite comfortable

post #8057 of 49548
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post


Same experience with me. sized down .5 from my strands and got almost an identical fit with the larchmonts as my strands. The 3 last is quite comfortable

 

Which larchmonts do you own? I saw them today for the first time and loved the last and shoe 

post #8058 of 49548
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

 

Which larchmonts do you own? I saw them today for the first time and loved the last and shoe 


Don't have a pair yet, but they are definitely next on my list. Torn between the walnut or dark brown

post #8059 of 49548
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post


Don't have a pair yet, but they are definitely next on my list. Torn between the walnut or dark brown

 

The AE store I went to didn't have the dark brown :( 

 

Either way, great choice

post #8060 of 49548

anyone run into an issue of wear the shoe bends/creases? anyway to remedy this issue?

 the shoe on the left creases nicely however the shoe on right creases right at the cap.  will this leather break in and bend where the left shoe does eventually?

 

 

1000

post #8061 of 49548
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post


Don't have a pair yet, but they are definitely next on my list. Torn between the walnut or dark brown

 

I gotta say, i'm really feeling the walnut with these shoes...

post #8062 of 49548
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmejson View Post

anyone run into an issue of wear the shoe bends/creases? anyway to remedy this issue?

 the shoe on the left creases nicely however the shoe on right creases right at the cap.  will this leather break in and bend where the left shoe does eventually?

 

 

1000

 

your right foot and left are not the same... looking at the pic, i would say your right foot is slightly longer, or the ball of your foot on the right is definitely elongated compared to the left... regardless, the creases look ok.. i have seen some really messed up creased, at least yours take the shape of the vamp (left) or the cap brogue (right)

 

secondly... are those seconds?  the vamp on the right seems a bit larger... look at how much closer the cap on the left is to the brogue on the vamp...

post #8063 of 49548
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

I didn't realize there was actually a third color McTavish (or maybe this is new?).  From their website, a new color is now available, "Dark Brown Wax Infused Leather":




I feel like I've seen pics of dark McTavishes like this, but had just assumed it was the natural variation in the "rough" line of leather, and/or the owner's own shoe care habits.  

That's the one I saw when I met the AE sales rep earlier this year - it is on my must have list and my local store has them coming. I have the tan, but I think this color is going to be great for Fall.

Chris
post #8064 of 49548
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

They should have price matched. They did for me on the McTavish, and for others on this thread as well. Did you talk to the manager?

I was in on a Sunday so there were only two people in the store, and they both said no to price matching. Is it worth calling during the week and trying to talk to a manager? Is it official AE policy to price match or is it a store by store decision?
post #8065 of 49548
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post

 

your right foot and left are not the same... looking at the pic, i would say your right foot is slightly longer, or the ball of your foot on the right is definitely elongated compared to the left... regardless, the creases look ok.. i have seen some really messed up creased, at least yours take the shape of the vamp (left) or the cap brogue (right)

 

secondly... are those seconds?  the vamp on the right seems a bit larger... look at how much closer the cap on the left is to the brogue on the vamp...

thank makes sense thanks for explanation :)

 

no these are firsts, I believe it is because the shoe on the left was bent more.

here's another pic

 

1000

post #8066 of 49548
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

and still keep the b width?

I can only speak for myself. I am 9.5D TTS and all my 5 lasted AE's are 9D.
post #8067 of 49548
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

so I went back to another shoe store today and they measured m food and told me I was a 12B. Length of foot is 11.5, arch is 12.5, and width B.
Does anyone know if there is an AE shoe that fits true to size, what size would you recommend I get in the strand and park avenue?

 

I will have to give credit to Joker Man.  The Brannock is not as straight forward as I thought in particular regard to arch length.  This guide from Brannock may be useful.

 

http://www.brannock.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/brannock/instructions.html

 

Heel to toe, I measure 11C.  Heel to ball I measure 11.5B/C.  After going through numerous shoes on the #5 last, I wear an 11.5B in the rough leathers and 11.5C in calf.  If your arch length is 12.5B, I would suggest trying that size on the #5 last. 

post #8068 of 49548
Is the $5 Kiwi shoes polish was from Nordstrom Rack work well with these shoes? Besides polishing, do you guys have any other recommendation for a pair of black Park Avenue?
post #8069 of 49548
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtaro View Post

Is the $5 Kiwi shoes polish was from Nordstrom Rack work well with these shoes? Besides polishing, do you guys have any other recommendation for a pair of black Park Avenue?

 

Kiwi is all I generally use, but the only teacher is experience when it comes to your polishing preferences.

post #8070 of 49548
For black color, will there be much different between shoes original color and Kiwi shoes polish one? I mean will the color remain the same or it will change to a different one?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread