I got a pair of McTavishes but I'm seriously considering going back next paycheck to get a pair of Strands after seeing them in person. Definitely go check them out.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:56am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $100 shoe Last post on 8/3/13 at 1:20am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 518
Styleforum Top Picks
In his post, he mentioned specifically getting them in Walnut.
I was going to mention the Elgin and McTavish for him as well. I think as far as a "casual" shoe goes, those are both great choices. The Elgin is a bit darker than the McTavish, so if there's a preference/concern about overall color, that might be something to consider. But both are a great choice for the brown/tan category.
I'm about to pull the trigger on purchasing both the McTavish and the Strands at the same time.
Got the 4th AE Shell in past month. The Macneils and Leeds fit fine in 11.5D but the brown Strand is a wee bit tight and long in 11.5D. Will for the first time, go to the AE store at lunch and actually get sized!
Likely get the Strand in a 11E and give the 11.5D back at the store.
Ya my first two pairs were 10D, when i picked up the shell strands i went to AE in boston and made sure i was properly fitted. On the 5 last, turns out i'm a 9.5 Def step down a half size...
So I did go to the AE store and on the *Device*, i was L-10D R-11D, and I normally wear a 11.5D. I tried the 11E in PA (same last) and it was loose, so ended up getting the Shell Strand in a 11D and its fine.
Thanks for the update. After my exchange with JokerMan, I looked more closely at the Brannock instructions.
It was insightful regarding the comparison between heel to toe measurement and heel to ball measurement. Typically, I let the SA take the measurements and make a size recommendation. From now on, though, I am going to ask the SA to show me the two different measurements so I can see how they compare.
The shoes didn't really fit in the box so they were really creased. The insoles were not properly glued down so they are really uncomfortable.
There is glue issues throughout. The leather looks like one solid color in the Nordstrom pics, but irl they have some significant discolorations throughout.
I'm not sure what that sole is.
Having a problem polishing my black AE McAllisters. The odd thing is that it's only on one shoe. Following my normal procedure, I get a decent shine on the left shoe, but the toe of the right shoe past the broguing is just, for lack of better word, dull. the leather even feels different to the touch, a bit less smooth. Any ideas what I can do to get the shine back?
Here's what I usually do:
- Remove dirt with a brush.
- Apply cleaner/conditioner, allow to sit for a few minutes, and remove with cloth.
- Apply polish (sometimes a wax) and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Buff off with a horsehair brush and give a final wipedown with a cloth.
- Edge dressing.
Funny... i am a L-10.5D and R-10D and still felt the 9.5D was a perfect fit. The crease behind the toebox was perfect, thats what made me realize the 9.5 was the fit.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 10 seconds ago
- › Horoween Shell Cordovan Navy One-Piece Belt, Size 36 New and Unworn 24 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 28 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 47 seconds ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 1 minute ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 1 minute ago
- › San Francisco SF Meetup - Thursday Dec 5th, Hosted by John Allan's... 3 minutes ago
- › Fantasy Football League - Stylish Gentlemen is reborn - English... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw