or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 495

post #7411 of 49701
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post

SF, I come to you seeking advice regarding blue Neumoks for "business casual"

 

Typically I will wear dress pants and a button down, with either cap toes or wingtips.  Ties and suits, maybe once a week, if that.  Anyways, more than half the people in my office are not exactly "up to speed" with fit, style, etc... so for Friday's, I'm not too concerned how "business casual" I am.  I would like to put together an outfit where I can use my Neumoks.  I would be taking the red laces off and putting the tan ones on.

 

I do know that all of my pants are definitely too dressy to be worn with Neumoks.  I have some dress shirts that will work, so I guess I am looking for some pant suggestions as well as what color belt I should be wearing.  I don't own khakis/chinos, so I guess that would be a good start rather than dress slacks.

 

Thoughts? 

I am also interested in a response to this.   I plan on getting the blue Neumoks as well, and I'll be wearing them with chinos or jeans.   The belt color is a good question, as I don't have a blue belt.  :)     I would probably just wear a brown belt with them when wearing chinos, or is that completely horrible?    What say you, blue Neumok wearers?

post #7412 of 49701

AE makes a matching belt, the Cottonfield.

post #7413 of 49701
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post

Shoe racks came today after ordering monday. They arent too sturdy, but they look and smell great. Amazing deal for $10, Thanks for the heads up!

 

Shoe trees (in small) did not come with the shipment, I assume they are out of stock currently... enjoy the pics! Can you name all 8 pairs?

 

DSC_0244.JPG

DSC_0245.JPG

DSC_0246.JPG

DSC_0247.JPG

Good looking collection.  I received the four pair of shoe trees today.  Still waiting on the two shoe racks. 

post #7414 of 49701
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambb View Post

MCTAVISH

 

I wear an 8d in all AE shoes (park ave, strand, etc.)

Mctavish is supposed to be the same last

BUT THE shoes are longer and heels pull out slightly...

is this normal for mctavish?

 

I just ordered the McTavish today. Will let you know in a few weeks, however I own 21 pairs of AE shoes and boots and all are 10D except for the black hills in waxy leather from the rough collection. The black hills are 9.5D which is what I originally ordered based on the reviews on the AE website. They fit perfectly. If you look at the reviews of the McTavish on the AE website many say to downsize at least half a size. It is hard because there are so many nuances in a foot such as volume, arch, etc. that is difficult to say that what works for one person will work for another. But it is a good starting point in my experience so I would and did size down a half size. You can't even say that all shoes in the rough collection should be sized down as I wanted the Kiowa also but they didn't have it in my size. The reviews for the Kiowa stated that it was pretty much true to size. The Elgin is no longer listed so there were no reviews to check out for the Amazon sale so I passed on it.

 

With the talk of the Wilbert's early today I decided to put them on tonight when I went out for a bite to eat. Was raining out (finally!) and it was a good choice. The edges of the soles need cleaning and they have not seen use in several months. They are ~4 years old and treated for the first 1.5 years with AE leather lotion and since then Bicks 4. 

 

1000

post #7415 of 49701

I disagree with the comments about the sizing on the Kenilworth versus other five last shoes.

I believe the general consensus is size down 1/2 size. However, I don't own a pair. I ordered a pair of 9D (I own many 9D and 9.5C 5 last models), and they swallowed me in length and volume.  I want to try a 9B (they don't make C) to see if it helps with the volume and if I can live with the length.  I have seen many report the same. But, again, I have a very shallow instep and low volume foot, so maybe I'm mistaken.

 

As for the McTavishes. I have the black and tan in 9D.  At first, they seemed to fit slightly larger than typical 5 last 9D models (physically they are much larger due to the storm welt and double sole), but they fit well and were very comfortable out of the box.  However, I have begun noticing a bit of heel slippage. So, I try to use thicker socks.

 

Sizing down a half size might work for some and if you have a free return option, you might want to try your normal size first and then consider sizing down if necessary.  Great shoes regardless.

700

post #7416 of 49701
.....
post #7417 of 49701
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

AE makes a matching belt, the Cottonfield.


nice... but idk, too matchy matchy with the shoes i think

post #7418 of 49701
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK35216 View Post

I disagree with the comments about the sizing on the Kenilworth versus other five last shoes.
I believe the general consensus is size down 1/2 size. However, I don't own a pair. I ordered a pair of 9D (I own many 9D and 9.5C 5 last models), and they swallowed me in length and volume.
  I want to try a 9B (they don't make C) to see if it helps with the volume and if I can live with the length.  I have seen many report the same. But, again, I have a very shallow instep and low volume foot, so maybe I'm mistaken.

As for the McTavishes. I have the black and tan in 9D.  At first, they seemed to fit slightly larger than typical 5 last 9D models (physically they are much larger due to the storm welt and double sole), but they fit well and were very comfortable out of the box.  However, I have begun noticing a bit of heel slippage. So, I try to use thicker socks.

Sizing down a half size might work for some and if you have a free return option, you might want to try your normal size first and then consider sizing down if necessary.  Great shoes regardless.

FWIW, my experience with the Kenilworth was very different. The Kenilworth was easily the shortest/snuggest of all 5 lasted shoes I own or have owned.
post #7419 of 49701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigg View Post

Looking to add to my collection from eBay.

Unfortunately there's only one picture available:

$%28KGrHqRHJDYE-9FFSE%294BP4wIwEErg~~60_3.JPG

Here's the info:

This is a very high end / quality pair of shoes that are in good condition.  All leather uppers and leather soles. Soles and heels are in very good condition.

 

Would you trust it? The seller has excellent feedback.

Park Avenue...beautiful model..excelent shoes...but USED???

mmhmm....my shoes are only mine....

post #7420 of 49701
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

Not sure about the last 2 for $200 sale, but previous versions have included Fifth Avenues and Strands.  As far as I know, Park Avenues have never been included in this sale.

I believe you're referring to the 2 for $300 sale that occurred back in December. I don't recall FAs or Strands going for 2 for $200 or I would have them in every color by now.

post #7421 of 49701
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsg View Post

I believe you're referring to the 2 for $300 sale that occurred back in December. I don't recall FAs or Strands going for 2 for $200 or I would have them in every color by now.

There was a 2 for $200 sale, as well. It was seconds and closeout.


But... 2 for $300 is starting soon. I got this email from Edward in Freeport:

July 23rd through August 5th we will be offering 2 pair for $300 on select factory second styles. The selections for this sale sale include some of our traditional dress shoes such as the LaSalle in black or the Clifton in walnut or black. We are also offering all of our Honors Collection factory seconds, the Winnetka in brown and several of our exclusive Brooks Brothers factory seconds.
post #7422 of 49701
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsg View Post

I believe you're referring to the 2 for $300 sale that occurred back in December. I don't recall FAs or Strands going for 2 for $200 or I would have them in every color by now.

Strands were definitely not part of this sale. They went on sale shortly after 2/$200 ended for around $200. I'm not sure if the FA were ever on sale, but since I already have a pair, I may not have been paying attention.

 

The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is definitely the way to go right now, as they have desirable factory-firsts on sale for great prices.

 

ETA: The 2/200 wasn't as great as it sounded, at least for me. Generally, I was able to find 1 pair in my size that I liked, and then struggled to find the second pair. I ended up with some shoes I didn't really want, which have since been sold or are just sitting in my closet.

post #7423 of 49701
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Strands were definitely not part of this sale. They went on sale shortly after 2/$200 ended for around $200. I'm not sure if the FA were ever on sale, but since I already have a pair, I may not have been paying attention.

 

The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is definitely the way to go right now, as they have desirable factory-firsts on sale for great prices.

 

ETA: The 2/200 wasn't as great as it sounded, at least for me. Generally, I was able to find 1 pair in my size that I liked, and then struggled to find the second pair. I ended up with some shoes I didn't really want, which have since been sold or are just sitting in my closet.

 

Go back and look at the posts in this thread for late November/early December 2011.  Two for $300 included both Strands and Fifth Avenues.

post #7424 of 49701

Any advice on this Nordstrom's sale?

 

I'm leaning toward the LaSalle's... are they good shoes? I already own black Park Avenues as well as the McAllisters so the Strand is out of the running. I wish they had the PAs in merlot. Does anyone know if they will add shoes to the list or is this final? If you know please let me know because I must pull the trigger today... going away tonight until early next week. Thanks!

 

 

 

1000

post #7425 of 49701
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb6c View Post

Any advice on this Nordstrom's sale?

 

I'm leaning toward the LaSalle's... are they good shoes? I already own black Park Avenues as well as the McAllisters so the Strand is out of the running. I wish they had the PAs in merlot. Does anyone know if they will add shoes to the list or is this final? If you know please let me know because I must pull the trigger today... going away tonight until early next week. Thanks!

 

 

 

1000

I like the LaSalle in chili for something different, but I would probably get the Strand in walnut if you don't already have them. What color are your McAllisters?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread