Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 12:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 12:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on Today at 11:44 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 481
Styleforum Top Picks
My Bayfields came in yesterday from the Shoebank. I was expecting some moderate, noticeable defects since they are classified as "seconds", but it's hardly noticeable. The left boot looks to be perfect, and the right one has subtle issues.....the cap toe is ever so slightly off center, the eyelets are just a little bit off in their alignment, and the area on the shaft of the boot is hardly noticeable, it's basically just an indent in the leather. Overall, I think they were a steal for $160.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Any suggestions on caring for chromexcel?
Brushing. When product is needed, stick with leather lotions and moisturizers. Very little product should be needed.
Just got my shell cordovan Cambridges in... Thought I'd take some side-by-side pics in comparison to the McAllisters:
I'm comparing an 8.5D Cambridge (one with the shoe-tree) to the 8D McAllisters:
Very nice - congrats! I like the new stamping that AE is putting on the sole of their shell shoes.
Hey, is this pair of park avenues a solid buy on ebay for $100. Has brand new heels, and looks to be in good condition besides that. What do you think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251105568927&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_1867wt_956
My Bayfields came in yesterday from the Shoebank. I was expecting some moderate, noticeable defects since they are classified as "seconds", but it's hardly noticeable. The left boot looks to be perfect, and the right one has subtle issues.....the cap toe is ever so slightly off center, the eyelets are just a little bit off in their alignment, and the area on the shaft of the boot is hardly noticeable, it's basically just an indent in the leather. Overall, I think they were a steal for $160. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Same advice here. The only product I've heard to try is Venetian Shoe cream, very sparingly. Chromexel has a lot of oil in it, so it doesn't need nor take well to polishes or creams.
AE sent me some of their aqua care shoe cream.....should I use something like that, or their regular leather lotion? What about Saphir's Reno?
Sorry for all of the questions.....this is my first experience with chromexcel
Edit: These will be primarily worn in the fall/winter/early spring, so they will likely see some rain/snow.....I say this because some level of water/weather proofing would be ideal. I don't expect them to be waterproof, but I would like them to repel the elements, somewhat.
Obenauf 's heavy duty LP.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 48 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 3 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015