Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 4:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/1/15 at 7:30am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 6/27/15 at 11:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 481
Styleforum Top Picks
My Bayfields came in yesterday from the Shoebank. I was expecting some moderate, noticeable defects since they are classified as "seconds", but it's hardly noticeable. The left boot looks to be perfect, and the right one has subtle issues.....the cap toe is ever so slightly off center, the eyelets are just a little bit off in their alignment, and the area on the shaft of the boot is hardly noticeable, it's basically just an indent in the leather. Overall, I think they were a steal for $160.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Any suggestions on caring for chromexcel?
Brushing. When product is needed, stick with leather lotions and moisturizers. Very little product should be needed.
Just got my shell cordovan Cambridges in... Thought I'd take some side-by-side pics in comparison to the McAllisters:
I'm comparing an 8.5D Cambridge (one with the shoe-tree) to the 8D McAllisters:
Very nice - congrats! I like the new stamping that AE is putting on the sole of their shell shoes.
Hey, is this pair of park avenues a solid buy on ebay for $100. Has brand new heels, and looks to be in good condition besides that. What do you think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251105568927&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_1867wt_956
My Bayfields came in yesterday from the Shoebank. I was expecting some moderate, noticeable defects since they are classified as "seconds", but it's hardly noticeable. The left boot looks to be perfect, and the right one has subtle issues.....the cap toe is ever so slightly off center, the eyelets are just a little bit off in their alignment, and the area on the shaft of the boot is hardly noticeable, it's basically just an indent in the leather. Overall, I think they were a steal for $160. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Same advice here. The only product I've heard to try is Venetian Shoe cream, very sparingly. Chromexel has a lot of oil in it, so it doesn't need nor take well to polishes or creams.
AE sent me some of their aqua care shoe cream.....should I use something like that, or their regular leather lotion? What about Saphir's Reno?
Sorry for all of the questions.....this is my first experience with chromexcel
Edit: These will be primarily worn in the fall/winter/early spring, so they will likely see some rain/snow.....I say this because some level of water/weather proofing would be ideal. I don't expect them to be waterproof, but I would like them to repel the elements, somewhat.
Obenauf 's heavy duty LP.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 17 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 17 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 26 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 30 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 35 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...