Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 3:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on Yesterday at 11:14 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 481
Styleforum Top Picks
My Bayfields came in yesterday from the Shoebank. I was expecting some moderate, noticeable defects since they are classified as "seconds", but it's hardly noticeable. The left boot looks to be perfect, and the right one has subtle issues.....the cap toe is ever so slightly off center, the eyelets are just a little bit off in their alignment, and the area on the shaft of the boot is hardly noticeable, it's basically just an indent in the leather. Overall, I think they were a steal for $160.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Any suggestions on caring for chromexcel?
Brushing. When product is needed, stick with leather lotions and moisturizers. Very little product should be needed.
Just got my shell cordovan Cambridges in... Thought I'd take some side-by-side pics in comparison to the McAllisters:
I'm comparing an 8.5D Cambridge (one with the shoe-tree) to the 8D McAllisters:
Very nice - congrats! I like the new stamping that AE is putting on the sole of their shell shoes.
Hey, is this pair of park avenues a solid buy on ebay for $100. Has brand new heels, and looks to be in good condition besides that. What do you think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251105568927&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_1867wt_956
My Bayfields came in yesterday from the Shoebank. I was expecting some moderate, noticeable defects since they are classified as "seconds", but it's hardly noticeable. The left boot looks to be perfect, and the right one has subtle issues.....the cap toe is ever so slightly off center, the eyelets are just a little bit off in their alignment, and the area on the shaft of the boot is hardly noticeable, it's basically just an indent in the leather. Overall, I think they were a steal for $160. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Same advice here. The only product I've heard to try is Venetian Shoe cream, very sparingly. Chromexel has a lot of oil in it, so it doesn't need nor take well to polishes or creams.
AE sent me some of their aqua care shoe cream.....should I use something like that, or their regular leather lotion? What about Saphir's Reno?
Sorry for all of the questions.....this is my first experience with chromexcel
Edit: These will be primarily worn in the fall/winter/early spring, so they will likely see some rain/snow.....I say this because some level of water/weather proofing would be ideal. I don't expect them to be waterproof, but I would like them to repel the elements, somewhat.
Obenauf 's heavy duty LP.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 15 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Jack Erwin Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...