or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 466

post #6976 of 49438

Just wore my Cordovan Strands out for the first time today and I am speechless.

Not sure if it's the shoes that have me enthralled or if this is because these are my first pair of shoes in shell cordovan....

They looked great out of the box but after wearing them for a few hours I'm even more impressed.

I followed the Mac method after taking them off at home and they look even better than they did unworn!

I have never been so excited about shoes before; beautiful ripples are beginning to form and the natural shine is incomparable.

shog[1].gif

Well, just thought I'd share today's experiences with you guys.  Though, I realize that this post might make me seem crazy!

post #6977 of 49438
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

Call the Shoebank and ask if there is anything in your size at a store.  There very well may be a store somewhere with your size in stock.

 

I thought about doing that, but at the top of the shoe description for the Elgin (right under the picture of the shoe), it says in red:

 

"This shoe is a closeout style, and is therefore limited to the sizes and widths that are currently available online."

 

 

So I'm assuming they've had people call already and have gotten frustrated fielding the same questions over and over.  Thoughts? 

post #6978 of 49438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breedlove View Post

Just wore my Cordovan Strands out for the first time today and I am speechless.

Not sure if it's the shoes that have me enthralled or if this is because these are my first pair of shoes in shell cordovan....

They looked great out of the box but after wearing them for a few hours I'm even more impressed.

I followed the Mac method after taking them off at home and they look even better than they did unworn!

I have never been so excited about shoes before; beautiful ripples are beginning to form and the natural shine is incomparable.

shog[1].gif

Well, just thought I'd share today's experiences with you guys.  Though, I realize that this post might make me seem crazy!

 

More pictures!

post #6979 of 49438

I just ordered a pair of Bayfields (seconds) in brown chromexcel from the Shoebank......will post pictures when I get them.  Apparently there is some imperfections on the shaft, which no one will really see.

 

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #6980 of 49438
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

I just ordered a pair of Bayfields (seconds) in brown chromexcel from the Shoebank......will post pictures when I get them.  Apparently there is some imperfections on the shaft, which no one will really see.

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

That's what she said!
post #6981 of 49438
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

That's what she said!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #6982 of 49438
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

 

I thought about doing that, but at the top of the shoe description for the Elgin (right under the picture of the shoe), it says in red:

 

"This shoe is a closeout style, and is therefore limited to the sizes and widths that are currently available online."

 

 

So I'm assuming they've had people call already and have gotten frustrated fielding the same questions over and over.  Thoughts? 

 

Nope.  I had my rep at the NC Outlet store look up a few styles for me this morning.  The website does not include the existing store inventory.  Definitely call any outlet or store. An outlet or the Shoebank can research first and seconds.  Retail stores can only look up firsts.  Almost everything that is on sale as a first is also on sale as a second for a bit less.

post #6983 of 49438

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320937677316?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

Do you think I got a good deal on these Allen Edmonds? How does the size runs? true to size or half size down?

 

I normally wear converse sneakers in size 8US. Would I fit in them since they are 7.5 Wide?

 

Thanks guys.
 

post #6984 of 49438
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0bbie View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320937677316?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

Do you think I got a good deal on these Allen Edmonds? How does the size runs? true to size or half size down?

 

I normally wear converse sneakers in size 8US. Would I fit in them since they are 7.5 Wide?

 

Thanks guys.
 

These are my next pair :)

 

I wear a 9.5E in the 5 last, but in the mctavish I am a 9E

post #6985 of 49438
Anyone with a Numora yet? Sexy/Not Sexy...?
post #6986 of 49438

photo (1).JPG

photo.JPG

Pardon the crappy iPhone quality pics.

post #6987 of 49438
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

I think that's the best price you're going to get on first quality cordovan shoes. The seconds were going for $299, IIRC.

Thank, you just saved me money on the 2 pairs of seconds cordovan that are on *truck for delivery today*.
I called AE and they refunded me the difference on the Black and Burgundy AS Shell Macneil i had ordered last week, should be here any minute.

Regards.
post #6988 of 49438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breedlove View Post

Just wore my Cordovan Strands out for the first time today and I am speechless.

Not sure if it's the shoes that have me enthralled or if this is because these are my first pair of shoes in shell cordovan....

They looked great out of the box but after wearing them for a few hours I'm even more impressed.

I followed the Mac method after taking them off at home and they look even better than they did unworn!

I have never been so excited about shoes before; beautiful ripples are beginning to form and the natural shine is incomparable.

shog[1].gif

Well, just thought I'd share today's experiences with you guys.  Though, I realize that this post might make me seem crazy!

 

deets?

post #6989 of 49438
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

What shoe care is recommended for the blue Neumoks?

 

Wanted to bump this question!

post #6990 of 49438

Beautiful. Congrats on an amazing pair of AEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breedlove View Post

photo (1).JPG

photo.JPG

Pardon the crappy iPhone quality pics.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread