or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 447

post #6691 of 53282
On the FA toe cap discussion: I understand people who feel that it's too small/short, but on smaller feet - like my 8D - they don't look so bad, especially when they are polished IMO.

467
post #6692 of 53282
thoughts?

467

467
post #6693 of 53282
Yes, those are shoes. teacha.gif
post #6694 of 53282
you dont see jesus on the sole?


lol


Do you think the stitching on the sole being off track will cause a problem in the future?
post #6695 of 53282
349

Haha. I really don't think it will cause a problem, but any competent cobbler could fix it if it bothers you.
post #6696 of 53282
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

you dont see jesus on the sole?
lol
Do you think the stitching on the sole being off track will cause a problem in the future?

Doubt it. And if it does, I wouldn't be surprised if AE decides to give you a free recraft or replacement for it
post #6697 of 53282
Surely it doesn't matter in that replacement soles down the road will be done correctly—as long as the part you're keeping (the welt) is fine, who cares?
post #6698 of 53282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenkin View Post

Surely it doesn't matter in that replacement soles down the road will be done correctly—as long as the part you're keeping (the welt) is fine, who cares?

Exactly. As long as there's no real damage to the sole, don't fret it. No one sees the bottom of your shoes. And it'll be fixed when you re-sole, anyway.

But if you have a Jesus image on the bottom, maybe you shouldn't do anything to them - don't even wear them!
post #6699 of 53282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

On the FA toe cap discussion: I understand people who feel that it's too small/short, but on smaller feet - like my 8D - they don't look so bad, especially when they are polished IMO.
467

^^^
Heavy woolen slacks in June! Must not be hot in Norway.

I agree those don't look too bad.
post #6700 of 53282

Size 9D Kenilworths are good length wise for me, but very tight.

How big of a jump is it from 9D to 9E ?

post #6701 of 53282

Park Avenues today.  Giving me the cold foot today after I insulted their stubby cap toe yesterday.

 

Park Avenues.JPG

post #6702 of 53282
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

But if you have a Jesus image on the bottom, maybe you shouldn't do anything to them - don't even wear them!

Yes, for it would be blasphemy!
post #6703 of 53282
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Park Avenues today.  Giving me the cold foot today after I insulted their stubby cap toe yesterday.

350x263px-LL-5c00ed04_ParkAvenues.jpeg
rotflmao.gif
post #6704 of 53282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post

^^^
Heavy woolen slacks in June! Must not be hot in Norway.
I agree those don't look too bad.

About 60 degrees in the mornings, but it got quite hot when travelling home, kinda regret it.
post #6705 of 53282

Got my walnut Dalton seconds.  The only discernable defect is an approximately 2-3 mm difference in the width of the heel stacks:  the left heel stack is ever so slightly wider.  I want to wear them a bit (indoors) but I don't think that is going to be a basis foe me to send them back.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread