Awesome shoes; you should get them out more often!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 5/1/15 at 8:12pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 446
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks! Even though they are a balmoral, they are an oiled leather so I don't think I would wear them with a suit. So sunny days and pair them with no jeans works for me. Being a young wipper snapper I dont do socks and they feel great.
I know I feel the same way which is why I have only worn them twice! The color is actually a light grey and really pops with the black sole and stitching in person.
Flaws are a lot less noticeable than on my walnut shell Strands.
Fresh out of the box
It looks like someone tried them on though, as you can already see creasing. It didn't look like anyone tried on my Strands, but those are showing very light creases.
First pair of AE shoes...Walnut Strands. Sadly, they were WAY too big. The printable size form from the AE website was not even close to accurate for me. It measured as a 14.5. so I got 15. They are a good 1.5-2" too long, to the point my heel is coming out. Good news, AE is overnighting me a 14...now that is customer service!
I don't know what to do about sizing in Kenilworths, my first dress shoes for my upcoming wedding.
My sneakers size is 11, in Prada and To Boot New York I am 10, but I tried Kenilworths and it's totally different sizing.
In 9.5D my foot is sliding at the heel, up and down as I walk, but not coming out of the shoe.
In 9D, the heel is just barelly moving as I walk, but the shoe is very fit, I feel it's as snug as it can be.
My worry is I want to order from this forum member, but I'm afraid that after few hours of walking my feet might start hurting, and I wouldn't want that on a wedding day.
The length is fine, it's the width, but according to the AE chart I have a narrow foot :)
How big of a jump is it from E to D ? The local stores in Canada only have D sizing in stock.
Look what the cat dragged in today! Randomly ran into a pair of Moras on a recent shoebank seconds list- from the inscription, it was made for Ball and Buck. Pricing was GREAT and I see no apparent flaws. I am very pleased with my first pair of doublemonks. The 8 last is usually terrible for me in my normal 5 last size so I sized up .5 and they fit great. I suspect there are many other pairs out there for your choosing in your size.
As for the mctavishes, I was inspired by a pair I saw on b&s wih blue laces via google images, and decided to go for the same look. They look and fit great on my normal 5 last size, no resizing necessary. The heel slippage I suspect will go away after the double sole breaks in.
A question with everyone with doublemonks - It seems like the top strap will take quite a lot of wear if i fasten/unfasten it with every wear. Is that the correct way to put on doublemonks, and have yours held up long term?
I thought the same thing but the doubles I have have held up for several years, I don't have anymore because I was moving something after work for a friend and it cut into the leather toe
Long story short, I did not notice any wear differences between the two straps using your method.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 16 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 38 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 4 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 4 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...