Awesome shoes; you should get them out more often!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on Yesterday at 5:50 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 446
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Thanks! Even though they are a balmoral, they are an oiled leather so I don't think I would wear them with a suit. So sunny days and pair them with no jeans works for me. Being a young wipper snapper I dont do socks and they feel great.
I know I feel the same way which is why I have only worn them twice! The color is actually a light grey and really pops with the black sole and stitching in person.
Flaws are a lot less noticeable than on my walnut shell Strands.
Fresh out of the box
It looks like someone tried them on though, as you can already see creasing. It didn't look like anyone tried on my Strands, but those are showing very light creases.
First pair of AE shoes...Walnut Strands. Sadly, they were WAY too big. The printable size form from the AE website was not even close to accurate for me. It measured as a 14.5. so I got 15. They are a good 1.5-2" too long, to the point my heel is coming out. Good news, AE is overnighting me a 14...now that is customer service!
I don't know what to do about sizing in Kenilworths, my first dress shoes for my upcoming wedding.
My sneakers size is 11, in Prada and To Boot New York I am 10, but I tried Kenilworths and it's totally different sizing.
In 9.5D my foot is sliding at the heel, up and down as I walk, but not coming out of the shoe.
In 9D, the heel is just barelly moving as I walk, but the shoe is very fit, I feel it's as snug as it can be.
My worry is I want to order from this forum member, but I'm afraid that after few hours of walking my feet might start hurting, and I wouldn't want that on a wedding day.
The length is fine, it's the width, but according to the AE chart I have a narrow foot :)
How big of a jump is it from E to D ? The local stores in Canada only have D sizing in stock.
Look what the cat dragged in today! Randomly ran into a pair of Moras on a recent shoebank seconds list- from the inscription, it was made for Ball and Buck. Pricing was GREAT and I see no apparent flaws. I am very pleased with my first pair of doublemonks. The 8 last is usually terrible for me in my normal 5 last size so I sized up .5 and they fit great. I suspect there are many other pairs out there for your choosing in your size.
As for the mctavishes, I was inspired by a pair I saw on b&s wih blue laces via google images, and decided to go for the same look. They look and fit great on my normal 5 last size, no resizing necessary. The heel slippage I suspect will go away after the double sole breaks in.
A question with everyone with doublemonks - It seems like the top strap will take quite a lot of wear if i fasten/unfasten it with every wear. Is that the correct way to put on doublemonks, and have yours held up long term?
I thought the same thing but the doubles I have have held up for several years, I don't have anymore because I was moving something after work for a friend and it cut into the leather toe
Long story short, I did not notice any wear differences between the two straps using your method.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 38 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 50 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 1 minute ago
- › MOMOTARO, TFH, Cushman, Studio D'artisan Shirt 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Peir Wu 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29th AUGUST: THE 'ALL BLUES' CHALLENGE 8 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)