Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 12/18/13 at 10:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $100 shoe Last post on 8/3/13 at 1:20am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 443
Styleforum Top Picks
But the more important question is why are you getting married? What benefit is there for a man in marriage? You have an even chance of getting divorced and losing 1/2 your assets and if you have kids and get divorced you'll be paying child support for 20 years. So it would be like supporting 2 households at the same time-youres and theirs. if your wife decides to divorce you because she's bored (the usual reason) she may move away with the kids if you have any and you'll rarely see them but still have to pay. That little darling of yours may accuse you of a lot of nasty things when she wants a divorce or has found a more Alpha man. A word to the wise.
WTF, dude?!? Not for nothing, but getting married to my wife was one of the best decisions I ever made. Your experience sounds like it was a bit different, but this is pretty fucked up advice for a guy about to tie the knot.
This is normal. It's very common for athletic shoes to run 1 size larger than dress shoes. Dress shoes usually correspond to your measured size.
I tried a few ones on back on Friday... ended up with the blue just because they are definitely more practical than any other colors IMO... however when they have their sale in a month or two, I think I am going to pick up the Olive ones. Love them. The red is nice, but I wouldn't be able to get my money out of those like the blue ones.
You say it measures an 11? 11 what? 11D? How did you measure.
I actually had to go up one half size on the PA & Strand. They fit very well now.
The waxy leather on the Neumok and shell cordovan do not fit as tightly to the last as calf. I went down one width on the Neumok. Perfect fit.
same goes for the nuemoks and cordovan strands i just bought
i am a 10.5 on the left foot, and a 10 on the right on the whatever the hell you call it.... ended up trying on a 9.5D in both, and both fit me perfectly. My walnut strands and mccallisters are 10D's... which are fine, but I realized after a little wear, they loosened up a bit, so I wanted to try a half size down before making another purchase.
Brannock = 11C. PA/Strand = 11.5C.
so aside from sizing up or down, I have seen at least 3 SFer stayed true to their width.
Personally, I have a pair of walnut strand in 10.5E while I measured a 11D on brannock. But thing is tho, I never tried on the 11D and 10.5D because the consensus back when I purchased my strand was size down 1 on length and size up one on width. However, I do feel a little bit of looseness after more than a dozen of wear of my strand. Maybe it's time to try on the 11D and 10.5D or some other sizes to make sure that I won't feel that looseness in the future when I make another purchase on the 5 last.
Anyone else can contribute their branno size in comparison to PA/Strand/5th Ave size?
Brannock = 12d /12e right on the line.
Calf park avenues, 12d (fit just right)
Shell strands , 12d (fit a little tight)
Shell Cambridge, 12d (fit a little loose)
I just wear thin socks with my strands and thick socks with my Cambridges, and they all fit great.
I actually think that it's a bit of a crapshoot, with handmade, lasted shoes. The fit can be different from shoe to shoe and from pair to pair. Your best bet is to wear them on carpet a few times, to make sure they fit well.
A little work with sand paper, starting at 80, going to 120, 220, and then some 000 steel wool. One coat of Kiwi neutral and then two or three applications of Kiwi brown:
MUCH happier now. And yes, I have read DFWII's warnings on what I lost in this process. I am not concerned but will keep up with the waxing of the edges even if I never polish the shell (per the Mac method).
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 26 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Harlech MTO - Whiskey Cordovan - UPDATE 09/25/13 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw