Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/19/14 at 9:31am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC:BLACK FRIDAY Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0,... Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:57pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 443
Styleforum Top Picks
But the more important question is why are you getting married? What benefit is there for a man in marriage? You have an even chance of getting divorced and losing 1/2 your assets and if you have kids and get divorced you'll be paying child support for 20 years. So it would be like supporting 2 households at the same time-youres and theirs. if your wife decides to divorce you because she's bored (the usual reason) she may move away with the kids if you have any and you'll rarely see them but still have to pay. That little darling of yours may accuse you of a lot of nasty things when she wants a divorce or has found a more Alpha man. A word to the wise.
WTF, dude?!? Not for nothing, but getting married to my wife was one of the best decisions I ever made. Your experience sounds like it was a bit different, but this is pretty fucked up advice for a guy about to tie the knot.
This is normal. It's very common for athletic shoes to run 1 size larger than dress shoes. Dress shoes usually correspond to your measured size.
I tried a few ones on back on Friday... ended up with the blue just because they are definitely more practical than any other colors IMO... however when they have their sale in a month or two, I think I am going to pick up the Olive ones. Love them. The red is nice, but I wouldn't be able to get my money out of those like the blue ones.
You say it measures an 11? 11 what? 11D? How did you measure.
I actually had to go up one half size on the PA & Strand. They fit very well now.
The waxy leather on the Neumok and shell cordovan do not fit as tightly to the last as calf. I went down one width on the Neumok. Perfect fit.
same goes for the nuemoks and cordovan strands i just bought
i am a 10.5 on the left foot, and a 10 on the right on the whatever the hell you call it.... ended up trying on a 9.5D in both, and both fit me perfectly. My walnut strands and mccallisters are 10D's... which are fine, but I realized after a little wear, they loosened up a bit, so I wanted to try a half size down before making another purchase.
Brannock = 11C. PA/Strand = 11.5C.
so aside from sizing up or down, I have seen at least 3 SFer stayed true to their width.
Personally, I have a pair of walnut strand in 10.5E while I measured a 11D on brannock. But thing is tho, I never tried on the 11D and 10.5D because the consensus back when I purchased my strand was size down 1 on length and size up one on width. However, I do feel a little bit of looseness after more than a dozen of wear of my strand. Maybe it's time to try on the 11D and 10.5D or some other sizes to make sure that I won't feel that looseness in the future when I make another purchase on the 5 last.
Anyone else can contribute their branno size in comparison to PA/Strand/5th Ave size?
Brannock = 12d /12e right on the line.
Calf park avenues, 12d (fit just right)
Shell strands , 12d (fit a little tight)
Shell Cambridge, 12d (fit a little loose)
I just wear thin socks with my strands and thick socks with my Cambridges, and they all fit great.
I actually think that it's a bit of a crapshoot, with handmade, lasted shoes. The fit can be different from shoe to shoe and from pair to pair. Your best bet is to wear them on carpet a few times, to make sure they fit well.
A little work with sand paper, starting at 80, going to 120, 220, and then some 000 steel wool. One coat of Kiwi neutral and then two or three applications of Kiwi brown:
MUCH happier now. And yes, I have read DFWII's warnings on what I lost in this process. I am not concerned but will keep up with the waxing of the edges even if I never polish the shell (per the Mac method).
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 39 seconds ago
- › Epaulet by Ashland Purple Gingham Shirt Size M 41 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Wings + Horns - - - Fall / Winter 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Finding a first real suit in a sartorial wasteland 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...