Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 7:30 am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 6/27/15 at 11:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 443
Styleforum Top Picks
But the more important question is why are you getting married? What benefit is there for a man in marriage? You have an even chance of getting divorced and losing 1/2 your assets and if you have kids and get divorced you'll be paying child support for 20 years. So it would be like supporting 2 households at the same time-youres and theirs. if your wife decides to divorce you because she's bored (the usual reason) she may move away with the kids if you have any and you'll rarely see them but still have to pay. That little darling of yours may accuse you of a lot of nasty things when she wants a divorce or has found a more Alpha man. A word to the wise.
WTF, dude?!? Not for nothing, but getting married to my wife was one of the best decisions I ever made. Your experience sounds like it was a bit different, but this is pretty fucked up advice for a guy about to tie the knot.
This is normal. It's very common for athletic shoes to run 1 size larger than dress shoes. Dress shoes usually correspond to your measured size.
I tried a few ones on back on Friday... ended up with the blue just because they are definitely more practical than any other colors IMO... however when they have their sale in a month or two, I think I am going to pick up the Olive ones. Love them. The red is nice, but I wouldn't be able to get my money out of those like the blue ones.
You say it measures an 11? 11 what? 11D? How did you measure.
I actually had to go up one half size on the PA & Strand. They fit very well now.
The waxy leather on the Neumok and shell cordovan do not fit as tightly to the last as calf. I went down one width on the Neumok. Perfect fit.
same goes for the nuemoks and cordovan strands i just bought
i am a 10.5 on the left foot, and a 10 on the right on the whatever the hell you call it.... ended up trying on a 9.5D in both, and both fit me perfectly. My walnut strands and mccallisters are 10D's... which are fine, but I realized after a little wear, they loosened up a bit, so I wanted to try a half size down before making another purchase.
Brannock = 11C. PA/Strand = 11.5C.
so aside from sizing up or down, I have seen at least 3 SFer stayed true to their width.
Personally, I have a pair of walnut strand in 10.5E while I measured a 11D on brannock. But thing is tho, I never tried on the 11D and 10.5D because the consensus back when I purchased my strand was size down 1 on length and size up one on width. However, I do feel a little bit of looseness after more than a dozen of wear of my strand. Maybe it's time to try on the 11D and 10.5D or some other sizes to make sure that I won't feel that looseness in the future when I make another purchase on the 5 last.
Anyone else can contribute their branno size in comparison to PA/Strand/5th Ave size?
Brannock = 12d /12e right on the line.
Calf park avenues, 12d (fit just right)
Shell strands , 12d (fit a little tight)
Shell Cambridge, 12d (fit a little loose)
I just wear thin socks with my strands and thick socks with my Cambridges, and they all fit great.
I actually think that it's a bit of a crapshoot, with handmade, lasted shoes. The fit can be different from shoe to shoe and from pair to pair. Your best bet is to wear them on carpet a few times, to make sure they fit well.
A little work with sand paper, starting at 80, going to 120, 220, and then some 000 steel wool. One coat of Kiwi neutral and then two or three applications of Kiwi brown:
MUCH happier now. And yes, I have read DFWII's warnings on what I lost in this process. I am not concerned but will keep up with the waxing of the edges even if I never polish the shell (per the Mac method).
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 36 seconds ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...