Yes. Site looks sleek, but almost all in Chinese. It gives me an impression that they are being by Chinese and localized their website.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 8/28/14 at 5:50am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 419
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I had the same problem with mine after about 2 months. I contacted AE customer service, shipped them the shoes with a recrafting prepaid UPS shipping label, and they fixed the shoe under warranty and returned to me at no cost but it did take several weeks. The heel was squeaking when I walked. But contact them first and get authorization, etc.
My understanding of the recraft is that the insole and upper stay the same per telephone conversation with the factory.
The AE Tent Sale started today: http://aetentsale.com/
They have some pretty interesting factory seconds available, including:
Brown shell strand - $339
Neumok in suede - $169
Fifth Street - $237
Not bad at all...
Wondering if they take international order via phone.
But in saying that - the cork is redone - in effect removing the foot imprint that is the bane of buying used shoes no es verdad? with the cork replaced the inner would probably settle down to its original flat situation I'd imagine.
Timely issue. I am generally loathe to buy used shoes, but have bid on a used pair in a discontinued style with the intent to have them recrafted. Has anyone else gone this route of recrafting used shoes and willing to share their experience?
I just got a pair of the Townleys that are on clearance on the AE site, and they have the EXACT same problem (maybe even a little worse). Even though they are clearance, they aren't seconds, so I don't think something so noticeable should be on a first-quality shoe.
I am going to send them back and ask for a replacement, or a refund if they are all sold out.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 8 minutes ago
- › Grey trousers = security guard? 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases 28 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 31 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 32 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 32 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)