Yes. Site looks sleek, but almost all in Chinese. It gives me an impression that they are being by Chinese and localized their website.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:37am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 419
Styleforum Top Picks
I had the same problem with mine after about 2 months. I contacted AE customer service, shipped them the shoes with a recrafting prepaid UPS shipping label, and they fixed the shoe under warranty and returned to me at no cost but it did take several weeks. The heel was squeaking when I walked. But contact them first and get authorization, etc.
My understanding of the recraft is that the insole and upper stay the same per telephone conversation with the factory.
The AE Tent Sale started today: http://aetentsale.com/
They have some pretty interesting factory seconds available, including:
Brown shell strand - $339
Neumok in suede - $169
Fifth Street - $237
Not bad at all...
Wondering if they take international order via phone.
But in saying that - the cork is redone - in effect removing the foot imprint that is the bane of buying used shoes no es verdad? with the cork replaced the inner would probably settle down to its original flat situation I'd imagine.
Timely issue. I am generally loathe to buy used shoes, but have bid on a used pair in a discontinued style with the intent to have them recrafted. Has anyone else gone this route of recrafting used shoes and willing to share their experience?
I just got a pair of the Townleys that are on clearance on the AE site, and they have the EXACT same problem (maybe even a little worse). Even though they are clearance, they aren't seconds, so I don't think something so noticeable should be on a first-quality shoe.
I am going to send them back and ask for a replacement, or a refund if they are all sold out.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 33 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 37 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Guata 1983's Shoe Sale (AE, Alden, Rancourt, Florsheim, Sebago) 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...