or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 419

post #6271 of 42806
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

I actually like the look of that Chinese site, its surprisingly sleek. Seems to have an emphasis on Cordovan too.

Yes. Site looks sleek, but almost all in Chinese. It gives me an impression that they are being by Chinese and localized their website.
post #6272 of 42806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post


250
^^ I am having the same issue with my strands as well. but right where i put the red line,
I only wear them indoors @ work. Received mines 6 weeks ago

I had the same problem with mine after about 2 months. I contacted AE customer service, shipped them the shoes with a recrafting prepaid UPS shipping label, and they fixed the shoe under warranty and returned to me at no cost but it did take several weeks. The heel was squeaking when I walked.  But contact them first and get authorization, etc.

post #6273 of 42806
So I understand that any capable cobbler can resole my shoes, but what about fully recrafting the insole as well? Worth asking AE if they will recraft both outsole and insole?

Here are my current AE Leeds as I am thinking about picking a pair up in cordovan:

263
post #6274 of 42806
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

I'm guessing you're not in China?




I think the Sedona is one of the Dominican Republic manufactured shoes.  My expectations are low at $175.  I will make inquiries at the next opportunity.

No. But in Asia (Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore).
post #6275 of 42806

Ah, I was thinking that you are being redirected because the server is detecting your IP address (and location).

post #6276 of 42806
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

So I understand that any capable cobbler can resole my shoes, but what about fully recrafting the insole as well? Worth asking AE if they will recraft both outsole and insole?
Here are my current AE Leeds as I am thinking about picking a pair up in cordovan:
 

 

My understanding of the recraft is that the insole and upper stay the same per telephone conversation with the factory.

post #6277 of 42806
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Ah, I was thinking that you are being redirected because the server is detecting your IP address (and location).

It may be the reasons. But it would be nice to have a link in their China website that can take you to the US site.
post #6278 of 42806
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo View Post

The AE Tent Sale started today:  http://aetentsale.com/

They have some pretty interesting factory seconds available, including:

Brown shell strand - $339
Neumok in suede - $169
Fifth Street - $237

Not bad at all...

Wondering if they take international order via phone.
post #6279 of 42806
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

My understanding of the recraft is that the insole and upper stay the same per telephone conversation with the factory.

But in saying that - the cork is redone - in effect removing the foot imprint that is the bane of buying used shoes no es verdad? with the cork replaced the inner would probably settle down to its original flat situation I'd imagine.
post #6280 of 42806

Si, por supuesto!  You get a new cork midsole.

post #6281 of 42806
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Si, por supuesto!  You get a new cork midsole.

+1

Nothing is done to the leather upper and insole, so if that gets damaged that's sad news...
post #6282 of 42806
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post


But in saying that - the cork is redone - in effect removing the foot imprint that is the bane of buying used shoes no es verdad? with the cork replaced the inner would probably settle down to its original flat situation I'd imagine.

 

Timely issue.  I am generally loathe to buy used shoes, but have bid on a used pair in a discontinued style with the intent to have them recrafted.  Has anyone else gone this route of recrafting used shoes and willing to share their experience?

post #6283 of 42806
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon_id View Post


Wondering if they take international order via phone.

I don't see why not...

post #6284 of 42806
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilelouis View Post

350x291px-LL-cd76b9b6_DSC_5448.jpeg

hi guys, the captoe lines of both boots are not symmetrical. do you think this is a problem? should i get an exchange? thanks for your advice.

I just got a pair of the Townleys that are on clearance on the AE site, and they have the EXACT same problem (maybe even a little worse). Even though they are clearance, they aren't seconds, so I don't think something so noticeable should be on a first-quality shoe.

I am going to send them back and ask for a replacement, or a refund if they are all sold out.
post #6285 of 42806
I'm liking these more and more every time i wear them. AE needs to offer more shoes in different shell colors besides just black and burg.

Dundee in Cap Shell
photo1fk.jpg

Just for good measure are are some other AE shells
AE Bradley
photomgx.jpg

AE Dalton in Walnut Shell
boot1v.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread