or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 363

post #5431 of 51284
Recent purchases, Strand and 5th Avenue:

263
post #5432 of 51284
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChris View Post

Recent purchases, Strand and 5th Avenue:
263
That's exactly what I have except inversed colors.
post #5433 of 51284
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post


Ah, now I am a little worried about my kenilworths in the mail. I am usually a good fit with the 5, so I ordered my regular size. Maybe tongue pads will do?

Keep us posted with the fit, maybe it's just me smile.gif
post #5434 of 51284
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

That's exactly what I have except inversed colors.

The Strands in Cordovan, walnut were really nice too. Might go for them next time!
post #5435 of 51284
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFBFB View Post

I'd go with #3

 

Sort of "stuffy" shoes for a 29 year old..

Grab some wingtips..

Neumok...Cough cough....Ridgeway...

 

UPDATE: 

I actually stumbled upon some AE Fairfax in Chili (pictured below, with and without my flash) at Nordstrom Rack.  Price was $219, but I had some store credit there so I ended up paying ~$150 (but obviously the other 70 bucks plus tax was my own as well from a while back).  I know the shoe tends to be somewhat polarizing on SF, but I really dig the style, and I honestly love the Chili color (I love my Chili Delrays).  And I really like the Navy pants/Chili shoes look.  

 

Plus, I haven't seen many 29 year olds rocking Fairfaxes.

 

photo (2).JPG

photo (3).JPG

post #5436 of 51284

question:

are Brooks Strand or 5th ave look the same as AE strand or 5th ave?

what about the quality? are they as good? i know the outsoles are different. 

many thanks to the one who can help!

post #5437 of 51284

As promised over a month ago, photos of my new cordovan Norwich shoes.  Contrast with a pair of Alden chukkas in Cigar shell.  I apologize for presenting such beautiful shoes on the water-spotted date-mobile.  The AE Norwich are superior to the Alden chukkas.  I was kicking myself for not getting the AE cordovan capuchino chukkas during their limited run, so later I bought the Alden's.  I don't know if you can tell by the picture, but the Alden's aren't quite symmetrical.   The LH shoe has a nice shape, but the RH has a more rounded toe.  But the Norwich from AE--perfect fit. symmetry, beautiful color.  I haven't taken a brush to them yet, but they looked really nice out in the sun. 

 

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

post #5438 of 51284

What's your opinions on the neumok as a casual shoes with jeans and cords/chinos? Also, does the sizing down, going up in width holds true on this unlined shoes compared to PA and strands? (from reading, seems not every models on the same last fit the same), on 5 last, i'm a 9.5e. I'll wear them with thin socks.

 

Thanks for your help.

post #5439 of 51284

Does anyone have experience with the Vernon?  User feedback on ae.com indicates that it runs narrow.  If I usually wear an 8.5D, I'm wondering if I should go up a wdith to 8.5E or go up to 9D.

post #5440 of 51284
Found a pair of black Paxton captoe bluchers in my size at the thrift store. Picked them up as I need black shoes for upcoming wedding at the end of the month, but I normally don't wear black shoes.
post #5441 of 51284
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

Does anyone have experience with the Vernon?  User feedback on ae.com indicates that it runs narrow.  If I usually wear an 8.5D, I'm wondering if I should go up a wdith to 8.5E or go up to 9D.


I tried a shoe on in the same last in the Allen Edmonds store. The 10D fit me best. As a point of comparison, I wear a 9.5E in the 5-last. I also have a pair of shoes on the 2-last in 9.5E that are too narrow in the toe box, yet have heel slippage, so I think the 10D would have worked better for me (2 last is very similar to the one for the Vernon).

post #5442 of 51284
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

Does anyone have experience with the Vernon?  User feedback on ae.com indicates that it runs narrow.  If I usually wear an 8.5D, I'm wondering if I should go up a wdith to 8.5E or go up to 9D.

I run a half size larger in the Vernon over the Strand, but the same width.
post #5443 of 51284
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar View Post

As promised over a month ago, photos of my new cordovan Norwich shoes.  Contrast with a pair of Alden chukkas in Cigar shell.  I apologize for presenting such beautiful shoes on the water-spotted date-mobile.  The AE Norwich are superior to the Alden chukkas.  I was kicking myself for not getting the AE cordovan capuchino chukkas during their limited run, so later I bought the Alden's.  I don't know if you can tell by the picture, but the Alden's aren't quite symmetrical.   The LH shoe has a nice shape, but the RH has a more rounded toe.  But the Norwich from AE--perfect fit. symmetry, beautiful color.  I haven't taken a brush to them yet, but they looked really nice out in the sun. 

 

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

I just wanted to add something to my earlier post about the beautiful color of these new AE Norwich shoes.  Under indoor flourescent lighting, the Norwich's and the chukkas look almost identical in color--dark brown.  But outdoors, in natural sunlight, the AE's look really different depending on the angle they're viewed from--gorgeous.  You get some idea of the effect from the pictures.  The Alden chukkas look the same, indoors or outdoors.    

post #5444 of 51284

My second pair from the 2 for $200, brown/brown Strawfuts straight out of the box.  These shoes fit great and are beautiful in person.  So my AE collections as it stands now:  natural McTavish, walnut Flatiron, Cambridge brogue and the Strawfuts. 

 

AEStraw.jpg

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekato1 View Post

What's your opinions on the neumok as a casual shoes with jeans and cords/chinos? Also, does the sizing down, going up in width holds true on this unlined shoes compared to PA and strands? (from reading, seems not every models on the same last fit the same), on 5 last, i'm a 9.5e. I'll wear them with thin socks.

 

Thanks for your help.

 

In my experience, sizing a 1/2 size down on the 5-last holds true. I wear my natural Mctavish with jeans and chinos all the time.  They look great. 

post #5445 of 51284

repeat from above.


Edited by Ink007 - 5/17/12 at 6:35am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread