Fifth Street (5-65 last) in oxblood (changed the color myself from dark brown)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 3:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:37 am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 323
Styleforum Top Picks
I was just out at the Allen Edmonds outlet last Saturday, and they also have a bunch of the Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers seconds (including walnut Strands). Price was $200.
I'm not 100% what the difference is, since the regular Strands seconds were a bit more, but it might be something worth looking into.
They fit similarly to other shoes on the 5 last. Regarding the color change, I stripped the color and used oxblood dye and some black cream for antiquing accent. This are probably 3 or 4 months since my little project so they've held up well.
It looks a lot like the Kenwood.
Unless you need them immediately, I would pass. You can generally find first quality walnut Strands for cheaper than this during Amazon sales and Nordstrom's Anniversary sale. Also, if you like the players' shoe in walnut, it is on closeout pricing for an upcoming sale and easily found at Nordstrom Rack for $199.
I had the squeaking problems with my Larchmont. I took them back to the AE store where I got them. They used some kind of "magic dust" on them & that took care of the squeaks (I didn't see what they did as I was checking out the shoes on display). It appeared to me that the squeaking problems are not new to them & they had a remedy for them. Good luck with yours!
Fifth Street fit me TTS. As do most but not all AE shoes and boots. The 5th St. fits my foot snug but not too much so. I also have the Dalton in walnut shell and it is very roomy, there is actually too much room in the heel area. The Cascade is on the #1 last also and is a bit tighter. Bayfields are the tightest boot that I own but fit like a glove, however are closer to a casual boot. The Malevern I could not get to fit at all, it was just too tight in the forefoot and I returned them.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Burgundy Museum Calf Adelaide pre-order 13 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 13 minutes ago
- › Unexpected encounters with celebrities 14 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Valentino tailoring - cost and classification 19 minutes ago
- › Loro Piana Hopsack Jacket Fit Dicussion/Critique 25 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 25 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan