Fifth Street (5-65 last) in oxblood (changed the color myself from dark brown)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 3:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:30 am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 6/27/15 at 11:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 323
Styleforum Top Picks
I was just out at the Allen Edmonds outlet last Saturday, and they also have a bunch of the Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers seconds (including walnut Strands). Price was $200.
I'm not 100% what the difference is, since the regular Strands seconds were a bit more, but it might be something worth looking into.
They fit similarly to other shoes on the 5 last. Regarding the color change, I stripped the color and used oxblood dye and some black cream for antiquing accent. This are probably 3 or 4 months since my little project so they've held up well.
It looks a lot like the Kenwood.
Unless you need them immediately, I would pass. You can generally find first quality walnut Strands for cheaper than this during Amazon sales and Nordstrom's Anniversary sale. Also, if you like the players' shoe in walnut, it is on closeout pricing for an upcoming sale and easily found at Nordstrom Rack for $199.
I had the squeaking problems with my Larchmont. I took them back to the AE store where I got them. They used some kind of "magic dust" on them & that took care of the squeaks (I didn't see what they did as I was checking out the shoes on display). It appeared to me that the squeaking problems are not new to them & they had a remedy for them. Good luck with yours!
Fifth Street fit me TTS. As do most but not all AE shoes and boots. The 5th St. fits my foot snug but not too much so. I also have the Dalton in walnut shell and it is very roomy, there is actually too much room in the heel area. The Cascade is on the #1 last also and is a bit tighter. Bayfields are the tightest boot that I own but fit like a glove, however are closer to a casual boot. The Malevern I could not get to fit at all, it was just too tight in the forefoot and I returned them.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Suitsupply NYC 50 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 24 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 35 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 37 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...