Fifth Street (5-65 last) in oxblood (changed the color myself from dark brown)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IC: REDISCOVER AMERICA Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University,... Last post on 10/22/14 at 8:20pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on Today at 12:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 323
Styleforum Top Picks
I was just out at the Allen Edmonds outlet last Saturday, and they also have a bunch of the Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers seconds (including walnut Strands). Price was $200.
I'm not 100% what the difference is, since the regular Strands seconds were a bit more, but it might be something worth looking into.
They fit similarly to other shoes on the 5 last. Regarding the color change, I stripped the color and used oxblood dye and some black cream for antiquing accent. This are probably 3 or 4 months since my little project so they've held up well.
It looks a lot like the Kenwood.
Unless you need them immediately, I would pass. You can generally find first quality walnut Strands for cheaper than this during Amazon sales and Nordstrom's Anniversary sale. Also, if you like the players' shoe in walnut, it is on closeout pricing for an upcoming sale and easily found at Nordstrom Rack for $199.
I had the squeaking problems with my Larchmont. I took them back to the AE store where I got them. They used some kind of "magic dust" on them & that took care of the squeaks (I didn't see what they did as I was checking out the shoes on display). It appeared to me that the squeaking problems are not new to them & they had a remedy for them. Good luck with yours!
Fifth Street fit me TTS. As do most but not all AE shoes and boots. The 5th St. fits my foot snug but not too much so. I also have the Dalton in walnut shell and it is very roomy, there is actually too much room in the heel area. The Cascade is on the #1 last also and is a bit tighter. Bayfields are the tightest boot that I own but fit like a glove, however are closer to a casual boot. The Malevern I could not get to fit at all, it was just too tight in the forefoot and I returned them.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › NIKE FLYKNIT LUNAR 1 (BLUE) | SIZE 8 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 28 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 31 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 32 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 35 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 53 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 55 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...