Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on Yesterday at 9:41 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $100 shoe Last post on 8/3/13 at 1:20am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 321
Styleforum Top Picks
Attention AE whores:
Got word today from AE in Chicago that the Neumora is being recalled(if this is a double post, please disregard).
The strap is faulty due to the fact there is no elastic and they are breaking(as posted in these very forums).
Looks like they're adding elastic.
As for the shoe:
The web site pics are terrible.
It's MUCH better looking and sleek in person.(By AE standards).
The brown is stellar and the rich leather has shades of black in the leather.
Sadly, the black looks like Pilgrim shoes in person in my mind.
Probably going to order the brown once they get the straps resolved.
I agree it is just a hair too square (heh, a rhyme). I do like chiseled toes but less pronounced (like my two shoes below):
I have to admit it looks much more contemporary than the old Mora.
Just went to the AE location in Reston, VA by me. Great staff, the guy there helped me think about getting a versatile color for almost any occasion, so I went ahead and picked up some Walnut McAllisters in 7D. He was also helpful in explaining shoe care techniques and products. Ended up getting shoe trees, a shoe horn, walnut polish, conditioner, a brush, a cloth, and dressing. Total came out to ~$310 after tax (salesguy discounted everything for me, which was a great gesture). Happy to say I'm quite satisfied with my purchase/experience and looking forward to a lifetime of use with these shoes!
They are a great group in the Reston, VA store. I went Saturday to get shoe care supplies, they were quite busy.
C&J Lowndes. I also like how the straps are closer together compared to how the straps on the Neumora flare out. It looks nice on some (e.g., AS Ramsey) but it is just too much for me.
For the quality and the price point,the Neumora fits a nice niche though.
i was wondering the same thing. i see some people post how they got AEs for ~$150 usd or so... I want to ge my first pair of AEs, but are they worth $335/pair? Can someone people let me know where I can find some of these sales? Is is their website or certain stores? Thanks in advance
Yesterday I went to the outlet store that is part of the AE factory in Port Washington, WI. There were lots of good bargains. Lots of shoes marked down in price as seconds, but with very little wrong with them. I posted a picture of a pair of cordovan Macneils that I picked up, they list for $575.00 and had a posted price of $399.00 on the box as seconds, but they sold them to me for $299.00. The only thing that I could really see wrong with them was sort of a pinch mark on the vamp that didn't even go half way across the top of the shoe--it wasn't like the wrinkles or creases that develop after wearing, pretty minor. They weren't laced up and had no wear marks on the soles. I suppose when someone pays $575.00 for a new pair of shoes they don't want to see any imperfection when they pull them out of the box, hence, the availability of fine looking seconds.
The Daltons I picked up had a list price of $375.00 and a second price listed as $299.00, but there was a gold sticker on the box along with a price tag of $179.00. I was told that the special price was because the boots were made as a special order for someone who ended up returning them. The only thing I could see wrong with this pair was a small amount of puckering of the leather on the toe of the left-hand shoe where the leather is fastened down to the sole. It looks like something that might even smooth out over time, even if it doesn't--no big deal.
Now that I've been to the store and have seen the quality of the seconds with my own eyes, I think from now on I'll call down there and ask about availability of style, size, and color of shoes I'm interested in. I think they will ship out seconds from out of the outlet store.
Also, the outlet store had quite a good selection. I would call them up if I were you. But it is nice to try them on in person. I have pairs in a variety of styles that range in size from 11.5E, 11.5EEE, 12D, 12E, to 12EEE and they all fit well enough with a little thought put into sock selection.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Is this Belstaff Roadmaster authentic? Please help :/ 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 8 minutes ago
- › Is this what the B&S Has Come To? 11 minutes ago
- › Cotton velvet or silk velvet? 11 minutes ago
- › Saddleback Leather Satchel (SMALL) Tobacco Brown 11 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Tailors. William Yu tailor and E-Italian 18 minutes ago
- › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › armani collezion size inconsistencies? 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw