Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 4:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 321
Styleforum Top Picks
Attention AE whores:
Got word today from AE in Chicago that the Neumora is being recalled(if this is a double post, please disregard).
The strap is faulty due to the fact there is no elastic and they are breaking(as posted in these very forums).
Looks like they're adding elastic.
As for the shoe:
The web site pics are terrible.
It's MUCH better looking and sleek in person.(By AE standards).
The brown is stellar and the rich leather has shades of black in the leather.
Sadly, the black looks like Pilgrim shoes in person in my mind.
Probably going to order the brown once they get the straps resolved.
I agree it is just a hair too square (heh, a rhyme). I do like chiseled toes but less pronounced (like my two shoes below):
I have to admit it looks much more contemporary than the old Mora.
Just went to the AE location in Reston, VA by me. Great staff, the guy there helped me think about getting a versatile color for almost any occasion, so I went ahead and picked up some Walnut McAllisters in 7D. He was also helpful in explaining shoe care techniques and products. Ended up getting shoe trees, a shoe horn, walnut polish, conditioner, a brush, a cloth, and dressing. Total came out to ~$310 after tax (salesguy discounted everything for me, which was a great gesture). Happy to say I'm quite satisfied with my purchase/experience and looking forward to a lifetime of use with these shoes!
They are a great group in the Reston, VA store. I went Saturday to get shoe care supplies, they were quite busy.
C&J Lowndes. I also like how the straps are closer together compared to how the straps on the Neumora flare out. It looks nice on some (e.g., AS Ramsey) but it is just too much for me.
For the quality and the price point,the Neumora fits a nice niche though.
i was wondering the same thing. i see some people post how they got AEs for ~$150 usd or so... I want to ge my first pair of AEs, but are they worth $335/pair? Can someone people let me know where I can find some of these sales? Is is their website or certain stores? Thanks in advance
Yesterday I went to the outlet store that is part of the AE factory in Port Washington, WI. There were lots of good bargains. Lots of shoes marked down in price as seconds, but with very little wrong with them. I posted a picture of a pair of cordovan Macneils that I picked up, they list for $575.00 and had a posted price of $399.00 on the box as seconds, but they sold them to me for $299.00. The only thing that I could really see wrong with them was sort of a pinch mark on the vamp that didn't even go half way across the top of the shoe--it wasn't like the wrinkles or creases that develop after wearing, pretty minor. They weren't laced up and had no wear marks on the soles. I suppose when someone pays $575.00 for a new pair of shoes they don't want to see any imperfection when they pull them out of the box, hence, the availability of fine looking seconds.
The Daltons I picked up had a list price of $375.00 and a second price listed as $299.00, but there was a gold sticker on the box along with a price tag of $179.00. I was told that the special price was because the boots were made as a special order for someone who ended up returning them. The only thing I could see wrong with this pair was a small amount of puckering of the leather on the toe of the left-hand shoe where the leather is fastened down to the sole. It looks like something that might even smooth out over time, even if it doesn't--no big deal.
Now that I've been to the store and have seen the quality of the seconds with my own eyes, I think from now on I'll call down there and ask about availability of style, size, and color of shoes I'm interested in. I think they will ship out seconds from out of the outlet store.
Also, the outlet store had quite a good selection. I would call them up if I were you. But it is nice to try them on in person. I have pairs in a variety of styles that range in size from 11.5E, 11.5EEE, 12D, 12E, to 12EEE and they all fit well enough with a little thought put into sock selection.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › New in Box Crockett and Jones Somerville Chestnut Antique Calf Polo... 5 minutes ago
- › RRL,LVC OAK STREET BOOTS, LAWLESS DENIM & WALLET SALE 8 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan