or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 3147

post #47191 of 49370
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaffinPoet View Post

Slightly slow day at work. Decided to do an inventory of my AE's, along with the frequency of wear in the rotation. It feels a little compared some of the other guys on the thread.





















































































Style Color Frequency
Fifth Avenue Walnut Weekly
McAllister Chili Weekly
Strand Burnished Brown Weekly
Strand Walnut Weekly
Lexington Dark Brown Bi-Weekly
Strand Black Bi-Weekly
Park Avenue Black Monthly
Amok Blue New
Dalton Dark Brown New
McAllister Black New
McAllister Merlot New

What's this blue amok? Mto?
post #47192 of 49370
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


What's this blue amok? Mto?


Typo on my end - standard Neumok Blue from the Nordstrom sale. My bad.

post #47193 of 49370
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaffinPoet View Post
 

Slightly slow day at work. Decided to do an inventory of my AE's, along with the frequency of wear in the rotation. It feels a little compared some of the other guys on the thread.

 

Style Color Frequency
Fifth Avenue Walnut Weekly
McAllister Chili Weekly
Strand Burnished Brown Weekly
Strand Walnut Weekly
Lexington Dark Brown Bi-Weekly
Strand Black Bi-Weekly
Park Avenue Black Monthly
Amok Blue New
Dalton Dark Brown New
McAllister Black New
McAllister Merlot New

 

Great looking rotation!

 

Right now my AE rotation looks something like this, overall my rotation gets bigger during the summer because I break out the loafers/ boat shoes but also don't put away the boots: 

 

Dundee - Brown Cordovan - Weekly

Bayfield - Cappuccino Cordovan - Bi-Weekly

Leeds - Burgundy Cordovan - Bi-Weekly

Strand - Brown Cordovan - Monthly

McAllister - Truffle Cordovan - Monthly

McAllister - Walnut Calf - Monthly

Eagle County - Tan - Monthly (if that, I use this mostly as my winter beater)

post #47194 of 49370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Great looking rotation!

 

Right now my AE rotation looks something like this, overall my rotation gets bigger during the summer because I break out the loafers/ boat shoes but also don't put away the boots: 

 

Dundee - Brown Cordovan - Weekly

Bayfield - Cappuccino Cordovan - Bi-Weekly

Leeds - Burgundy Cordovan - Bi-Weekly

Strand - Brown Cordovan - Monthly

McAllister - Truffle Cordovan - Monthly

McAllister - Walnut Calf - Monthly

Eagle County - Tan - Monthly (if that, I use this mostly as my winter beater)


That's pretty solid rotation! I do appreciate the shell you have in the mix.

 

I'm getting used to the Daltons. The normal eyelets rather than the speed-laces on the top take a little getting used to. Though, i shouldn't complain too much considering they were a Shoe Bank special from a month ago or so.

 

It would be awesome if they did a true waterproof boot, GoreTex and all, for the northeast winters. I can only imagine how much ubiquitous the Daltons would be if they had a GTX version.

post #47195 of 49370
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaffinPoet View Post
 


That's pretty solid rotation! I do appreciate the shell you have in the mix.

 

I'm getting used to the Daltons. The normal eyelets rather than the speed-laces on the top take a little getting used to. Though, i shouldn't complain too much considering they were a Shoe Bank special from a month ago or so.

 

It would be awesome if they did a true waterproof boot, GoreTex and all, for the northeast winters. I can only imagine how much ubiquitous the Daltons would be if they had a GTX version.

 

Thanks, my first pair of AE was the walnut McAllisters about a year and a half ago. I have since fallen under the spell of cordovan.

 

 

Are your Daltons the "dark chocolate" color? I owned them at one time and they quickly became a fav of mine, though about size too big for me so ended up selling them to a better home. They really had some amazing color depth once the natural light hit them.

 

 

post #47196 of 49370

Called the shoe bank about Brooks Bros. Nothing in 65 last size 10E. Swing and a miss.

post #47197 of 49370

RL models are not part of the sale.  BBs models are.

post #47198 of 49370
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post

I recently noticed the same thing. I had thought of doing a MTO of a boot, but was disappointed that with the disappearance of the 5th Street, Bayfield, and Promontory Point Boots, options are incredibly slim.

The Dalton is a high-boot and I suppose it might be possible to ask to make a whole-cut version of it lacking the wings and broguing... that is, one could conceivably MTO a Shaker Heights clone from a Dalton, minus the tweed.

The Cronmok style might make for interesting MTOs, but it's unstructured. That could make for interesting suede, but limits my interest for leathers.

The Dundee is already shell cordovan and all the interesting shell options (such as walnut) are off the table.

The Bellevue is available and has a few options for an MTO. Brass eyelets, removal of the broguing, and better sole (mini-lug at least, allowing one to replace the heel-lift).  Beyond that, it isn't a complicated shoe, there isn't much else to change except the leather.

There is no longer a viable, structured balmoral boot. There are no cap-toes. 

I only hope this means the fall introduction of a new line of boots...

Apart from the Dalton AE doesn't have any options worth considering IMO. There are other brands.
post #47199 of 49370
Does anyone have experience with the 65 last and 333 last? I am wondering what the general conversion is, I wear a 9.5D on the 65 last (Park Avenues) and want to figure out what my size may be on last 333 (for Harrison). Thanks in advance.
post #47200 of 49370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
 

i don't have any of those but saunders is most similar i guess since it has 2 lace holes.  iirc they are unlined though.  it is a pretty narrow last.  feels 2-ish.

 

Brooks Brothers says they're leather lined. Regardless, I'll make a new post that includes them and start editing that from now on. Thanks.

post #47201 of 49370

For those that aren't familiar with all the Brooks Brothers (BB) and Ralph Lauren (RL) models, here are the ones I know of. I've linked to their respective websites if possible. Feel free to let me know of any additions or corrections and I can try to keep it up-to-date. Also, if you know which last a given RL model is on, let me know and I'll add it. I'm not positive about the links with question marks; please let me know if you can confirm.

 

Brooks Brothers (differences usually include Poron insole, combination outsole, and branding):

 

Ralph Lauren:

post #47202 of 49370
Thinking about getting the brogue suede Patriots on the 2/$299 sale. Anyone have them? Like them? Hate them? Probably wear mostly with khakis at work.
post #47203 of 49370

The Shoe Bank sale couldn't come soon enough. Just checked the AE site and they increased the prices by $20 for the Timeless collection. I guess they increased the prices a day early? 

post #47204 of 49370
The Westchester is so...blah...but if you've always-wanted-but-couldn't-afford shell and wear 8.5 or 9 D now's your chance.
post #47205 of 49370


Interesting webgem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread