or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 3145

post #47161 of 49481

I'm sure it's been answered, but the search function isn't the greatest in this forum.

 

How is the fit of the Kenilworth compared to other 5-65 lasted shoes such as the Strand?  Is it worth going down 0.5 due to the construction of the shoe (blucher vs bal)?

post #47162 of 49481
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

 

Good call. Updating below:

 

Also Kenwood in black and brown pebble grain, football leather , and maybe more  

chukka in football leather

i believe they do also make a gatsby shoe for bb as i've seen it on some seconds lists

cronmok.

post #47163 of 49481
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

I'm sure it's been answered, but the search function isn't the greatest in this forum.

How is the fit of the Kenilworth compared to other 5-65 lasted shoes such as the Strand?  Is it worth going down 0.5 due to the construction of the shoe (blucher vs bal)?

I tried them both on in store recently and was the same size, but I do overpronate which can cause sizing issues so YMMV.
post #47164 of 49481
My MacNeils have been recrafted. They mixed up the welt color (it had been black and I asked for chili). But oh well. Still looks respectable. Looking forward to wearing them again.


Edited by peppercorn78 - 7/31/14 at 9:08am
post #47165 of 49481
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

PSA - burgundy shell westchester is part of the 2 for 300 sale.

 



Thats annoying. There was a pair in my size (I think I asked about them last closeout sale) but assumed they wouldn't be included like the sale in March. And now they appear to be gone. Got a SA checking though. To help me sleep better I'll assuming they had a big cut in them.
post #47166 of 49481
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

My MacNeils have been recrafted. They mixed up the welt color (it had been black and I asked for chili). But oh well. Still looks respectable. Looking forward to wearing them again.

 

 

Looks great!

 

Why does AE seem to be so bad with respect to getting the welt color correct. It seems that more than a few pairs in the MTO thread ended up with that being an issue.

post #47167 of 49481

shell Randolf's today..these are still gunked with AE stuff...and they are staying that way till the Mac method does the job over time

 

Put several miles on my Addisons the other night and they are terrific...a great no sock wearing shoe

post #47168 of 49481
@peppercorn That welt looks fairly chili-ish...what color is it?
post #47169 of 49481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post


Looks great!

Why does AE seem to be so bad with respect to getting the welt color correct. It seems that more than a few pairs in the MTO thread ended up with that being an issue.

Also, from the pic it looks like the have me the combo heel, when I asked for the full rubber toplift. Ah well
post #47170 of 49481
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

@peppercorn That welt looks fairly chili-ish...what color is it?

Maybe it's the lighting, but looks walnut or even natural, just like the welt on the Voyagers I'm wearing.
post #47171 of 49481
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Also, from the pic it looks like the have me the combo heel, when I asked for the full rubber toplift. Ah well

 

That is brutal in my opinion, I really do not understand how someone is not looking over the form and noticing errors like that. It makes me so nervous to send in my sun faded Leeds, I just have a feeling they would refinish the uppers even though I would not want them to. 

 

 

With that all being said I do think they look awesome, and I really like the dovetail heel. 

post #47172 of 49481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
 

Also Kenwood in black and brown pebble grain, football leather , and maybe more  

chukka in football leather

i believe they do also make a gatsby shoe for bb as i've seen it on some seconds lists

cronmok.

 

Adding Kenwood and Cronmok. The chukka doesn't look like AE to me, and the Gatsby is a Peal & Co. version, not the AE Gatsby.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

For those that aren't familiar with all the Brooks Brothers (BB) and Ralph Lauren (RL) models, here are the ones I know of. I've linked to their respective websites if possible. Feel free to let me know of any additions or corrections and I can try to keep it up-to-date. Also, if you know which last a given RL model is on, let me know and I'll add it. I'm not positive about the links with question marks; please let me know if you can confirm.

 

Brooks Brothers (differences include Poron insole, combination outsole, and branding):

 

Ralph Lauren:

post #47173 of 49481
I've been purchasing 5-last shoes (Strand, PA, etc) in 10.5D. This made sense to me as all the casual shoes I've ever purchased are somewhere between size 10-11 (and, of course, standard D width).

However, I was recently measured on a Brannock device and was found to be a 12B.

Have I been buying the wrong size of shoe from AE? In other words, does the extra width in a 10.5D compensate for the fact that my feet are actually a size 12 in length?

I want to buy a few more pairs from the shoebank, and now I'm wondering if I should be looking at the 12B listings instead of the 10.5D listings. I wish I had an AE outlet somewhere nearby so I could try on multiple sizes/lasts, but unfortunately that's not an option.
post #47174 of 49481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post

I've been purchasing 5-last shoes (Strand, PA, etc) in 10.5D. This made sense to me as all the casual shoes I've ever purchased are somewhere between size 10-11 (and, of course, standard D width).

However, I was recently measured on a Brannock device and was found to be a 12B.

Have I been buying the wrong size of shoe from AE? In other words, does the extra width in a 10.5D compensate for the fact that my feet are actually a size 12 in length?

I want to buy a few more pairs from the shoebank, and now I'm wondering if I should be looking at the 12B listings instead of the 10.5D listings. I wish I had an AE outlet somewhere nearby so I could try on multiple sizes/lasts, but unfortunately that's not an option.

 

Very few people from what I have found reading these pages take the 65 last in their measured size...for me I measure 13E on a Bran and wear 12 eee on 65 lasted Balmorals and 12e or ee in blutchers...

post #47175 of 49481
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

 

Adding Kenwood and Cronmok. The chukka doesn't look like AE to me, and the Gatsby is a Peal & Co. version, not the AE Gatsby.

 

i own the chukka.  purchased from the shoe bank.  :)

 

i just noticed you are a fellow austinite.  greetings!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread