Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 3085
Styleforum Top Picks
Walnut Manistee and black Wide Basic Dress Belt will probably go on sale again to pair with them too. I believe the walnut Manistee was around $80 last year. The Manistee has also gone up in price since then (to $120). Wide Basic was somewhere between $10-20 cheaper than that.
- If you know your size on the 5 last and have a Discover card, use ShopDiscover and order online to get 5% (used to be 10%) cash back from Nordstrom.com purchases. (Login to Discover account online, link to Nordstrom.com from there, then place online order as usual.)
- If you don't have a Discover card, just have your local AE store price match the Nordstrom sale prices. I think it's nice to show support to AE when we can.
I love my Mac's/Jeffersons/Cambrides for suits. I have them in dark brown and burg shell. At least on this side of the Atlantic, dark colored wingtips have been a business suit staple for decades.
I have the Park Avenue and Strand both in bourbon and love them.
I wear navy and grey suits mainly. Thinking of getting a dark brown shoe but uncertain of a Brown strand vs Fifth Ave vs McAllister vs Park Ave.
I'm afraid the brown and bourbon are too similar for two strands or Park Aves.
I wonder if the McAllister is too casual for suits?
Not a huge fan of black shoes
+1 the balmoral wingtip (Mcallister) or the balmoral punch capote (strand) are both great shoes, very appropriate for suits. Maybe not for an evening affair, but for business wear they work well. Personally I would go burgundy Cambridge and dark brown shell strand, but the calf equivalents are good proxies. The 5th ave is also a great shoe, less adorned than the strand but also slightly more formal due to that.
I never really considered looking for deals like that in Nordstrom Rack locations in the States. Is there some good stuff in those stores? Or did you order online?
I'll put it this way... in a dimly lit room, you definitely know that bourbon is a shade of brown. But with dark brown, you might think it's black.
I think AE's briefcases are fine (especially when they're discounted, which they are pretty frequently), but if you haven't already done so you should check out other American-made brands. A few that come to mind are Ghurka, Saddleback, Billykirk, and J.W. Hulme. (AE also sells Hulme's products, although I'm not sure why you would buy them from AE instead of directly from Hulme.) I believe there are multiple SF threads on these brands and others.
Thank you both for your input. I decided to forget about AE briefcases after taking a look into these suggestions. I really like the Thin Briefcase from Saddleback in Chestnut (http://www.saddlebackleather.com/briefcasethin), but I'm not too sure how well it would go with my build. I'm a slim guy, 5'9" around 140 lbs, but I'd need the large size in order to carry my laptop. Any idea if this would be too big for a guy of my size? Also, would this be an appropriate briefcase to pair daily with a suit?
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › BNWT Loro Piana Cotton Silk Mid Blue Turtleneck Zipper Sweater 48... 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 23 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 25 minutes ago
- › The Unbranded Brand Jeans 26 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 34 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth