Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 4/23/15 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 3085
Styleforum Top Picks
Walnut Manistee and black Wide Basic Dress Belt will probably go on sale again to pair with them too. I believe the walnut Manistee was around $80 last year. The Manistee has also gone up in price since then (to $120). Wide Basic was somewhere between $10-20 cheaper than that.
- If you know your size on the 5 last and have a Discover card, use ShopDiscover and order online to get 5% (used to be 10%) cash back from Nordstrom.com purchases. (Login to Discover account online, link to Nordstrom.com from there, then place online order as usual.)
- If you don't have a Discover card, just have your local AE store price match the Nordstrom sale prices. I think it's nice to show support to AE when we can.
I love my Mac's/Jeffersons/Cambrides for suits. I have them in dark brown and burg shell. At least on this side of the Atlantic, dark colored wingtips have been a business suit staple for decades.
I have the Park Avenue and Strand both in bourbon and love them.
I wear navy and grey suits mainly. Thinking of getting a dark brown shoe but uncertain of a Brown strand vs Fifth Ave vs McAllister vs Park Ave.
I'm afraid the brown and bourbon are too similar for two strands or Park Aves.
I wonder if the McAllister is too casual for suits?
Not a huge fan of black shoes
+1 the balmoral wingtip (Mcallister) or the balmoral punch capote (strand) are both great shoes, very appropriate for suits. Maybe not for an evening affair, but for business wear they work well. Personally I would go burgundy Cambridge and dark brown shell strand, but the calf equivalents are good proxies. The 5th ave is also a great shoe, less adorned than the strand but also slightly more formal due to that.
I never really considered looking for deals like that in Nordstrom Rack locations in the States. Is there some good stuff in those stores? Or did you order online?
I'll put it this way... in a dimly lit room, you definitely know that bourbon is a shade of brown. But with dark brown, you might think it's black.
I think AE's briefcases are fine (especially when they're discounted, which they are pretty frequently), but if you haven't already done so you should check out other American-made brands. A few that come to mind are Ghurka, Saddleback, Billykirk, and J.W. Hulme. (AE also sells Hulme's products, although I'm not sure why you would buy them from AE instead of directly from Hulme.) I believe there are multiple SF threads on these brands and others.
Thank you both for your input. I decided to forget about AE briefcases after taking a look into these suggestions. I really like the Thin Briefcase from Saddleback in Chestnut (http://www.saddlebackleather.com/briefcasethin), but I'm not too sure how well it would go with my build. I'm a slim guy, 5'9" around 140 lbs, but I'd need the large size in order to carry my laptop. Any idea if this would be too big for a guy of my size? Also, would this be an appropriate briefcase to pair daily with a suit?
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 19 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 45 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 46 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 2 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...