or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 3067

post #45991 of 53210
Is your heel swimming in the 10EEE?
How do your feet feel in the 11E?
post #45992 of 53210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaker View Post

Is your heel swimming in the 10EEE?
How do your feet feel in the 11E?

 

I have a 10.5EEE on the 2 last. The heel, and the shoe, is snug but comfortable.

 

My 5 last shoes are an enigma. I have a Strand that is comfortable at 11E, but my Fifth Aves are too tight at the same size. Then again, I do vaguely remembering cursing the salesman for the first week after buying those Strands, until they finally stretched out.

 

The Dalton in 11E is roomy and slips a bit, which I suppose is made worse by the bad heel counter in the one shoe. The worst result of this is some extra creasing in the toe box. However, it's incredibly comfortable and only a tad too large, not incredibly so.

 

The reason the first salesman put me in 11E was that I returned a pair of 10.5EEE Strands that had bad bowing. He believed it was a matter of fit, not a defect, and put me in the 11E.

 

Btw, I edited the original post because I meant to say "10.5EEE", not "10EEE".

post #45993 of 53210
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post


Yes. The Wide Basic Dress is the newer model that you can see on the website. The belt listed as 35mm Dress is the older style. The main difference is that the 35mm belt is much shinier and monotone coloring. The new WBD belts are much more supple and have more color depth. I ordered both to compare and sent the 35mm back.

Did you happen to take any pictures?

 

During my correspondence with a rep from one of the stores, I asked 3-4 times and never got an answer until after the item was shipped, and then they said the belts are the same size just a different name (really ambiguous and didn't answer my question).

 

I knew something was off because the list they gave me showed the 35mm as 49.99 and 2nds were 39.99; the WBD was like 99 or 120 and the seconds were 49.99. I specifically looked at the price and thought I'd rather get a 2nd quality belt marked down 50% than a new belt at the same price... under the assumption there must be a good reason that belt costs 2x as much.

 

Would you say it's worth bringing it up with them? Just annoyed because I'm waiting on these belts before I send the shoes and other stuff I bought internationally and if everything gets held up because someone was being lazy or careless...

post #45994 of 53210
No pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimmyS View Post

Did you happen to take any pictures?

During my correspondence with a rep from one of the stores, I asked 3-4 times and never got an answer until after the item was shipped, and then they said the belts are the same size just a different name (really ambiguous and didn't answer my question).

I knew something was off because the list they gave me showed the 35mm as 49.99 and 2nds were 39.99; the WBD was like 99 or 120 and the seconds were 49.99. I specifically looked at the price and thought I'd rather get a 2nd quality belt marked down 50% than a new belt at the same price... under the assumption there must be a good reason that belt costs 2x as much.

Would you say it's worth bringing it up with them? Just annoyed because I'm waiting on these belts before I send the shoes and other stuff I bought internationally and if everything gets held up because someone was being lazy or careless...

The 35mm belt had an almost plastic-like feel and glossiness to it...as if it might be corrected grain. It looked and felt much cheaper than the WBD. It's up to you what you do from here, but I promise you'll like the WBD much more than the 35mm.
post #45995 of 53210
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

Other than my Daltons, I returned all the shoes I bought during the fathers day sale due to fit issues.

 

I ended up getting back on a Brannock and the store manager told me I was mis-sized... and he told me to go back to wearing 10.5EEE (from 11E)... after an employee at another AE store had told me I was mis-sized at 10.5EEE.  Uggh!

 

Anyway, I'm mostly happy with my Bourbon Dalton seconds. They were beautiful out of of the box and I assumed the problem was with some messiness with the broguing around the top, or less likely, some inconsistent coloring on the cap. Unfortunately, the real problem didn't appear until after I started wearing them and saw the resultant creasing from a wrongly sized heel counter!

 

I can clearly feel the edge of the heel-counter along the creasing. The other boot is fine.

 

I suppose this is the risk of buying seconds... I suppose this serves as a reminder to everyone that the problems in seconds might not be immediately apparent when you open the box!

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I would contact them about that - they may exchange it or refund you-pretty sure they would not let that go through as a second...that is more a No Warranty shoe..

post #45996 of 53210
You guys seen their instagram account? Some new styles for fall coming


post #45997 of 53210

Some new Fall 14' styles landed on the AE instagram account earlier. Boots look interesting. 

 

post #45998 of 53210
Too slow brah.. Too slow!!
post #45999 of 53210

7 seconds!

post #46000 of 53210

Interesting looking burnishing on the toes of both of those new models. I wonder if that is just CXL and the leather is pulled tight or it it's a new leather altogether.

post #46001 of 53210
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

Ready and hopeful for a USA win today!

We may not have won but we advanced today. Huge achievement in the "group of death." I like to think those shoes had something to do with it.
post #46002 of 53210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

Interesting looking burnishing on the toes of both of those new models. I wonder if that is just CXL and the leather is pulled tight or it it's a new leather altogether.

Hopefull not more of the brushed off leather. The "strand" looks like it might be similar to it.

 

Overall, nothing too exciting to me. Basically a Wolverine 1000 mile look alike and more variations of the strand...meh. 

post #46003 of 53210
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

You guys seen their instagram account? Some new styles for fall coming

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

We recently saw the play If/Then and the lead guy had a pair of shoes on similar to the top ones...I actually leaned over to my wife and commented how nice they were and she actually agreed that she noticed them too and thought the same...normally she just tells me I am an idiot. I assumed they were an Alden shoe in cigar cordovan from the looks of where we were sitting..probably more similar to a a Chuka

 

Something similar to this but with a natural welt

post #46004 of 53210

I wondered whether these designs were inspired by the MTO thread. 

post #46005 of 53210
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

Hopefull not more of the brushed off leather. The "strand" looks like it might be similar to it.

 

Overall, nothing too exciting to me. Basically a Wolverine 1000 mile look alike and more variations of the strand...meh. 

 

I like the boot as it is shorter than the 1000, the Strand I am guessing may be on the MacNeil last to return the favor of the Macneil 5 perhaps. Gives the Strand a beefy look

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread