or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 3036

post #45526 of 46921
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

I haven't looked at the AE website yet. But I'm just assuming thats a joke on your part correct?

I kid ye not

If I can MTO an all calf austerity brogue from that model for that price, though, I think I'm gonna go for it, though.
post #45527 of 46921
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post



I kid ye not



If I can MTO an all calf austerity brogue from that model for that price, though, I think I'm gonna go for it, though.

 



Can't imagine why you couldn't. I think MTO is the only way I'd consider one. Those factory make ups are just way out of proportion.
post #45528 of 46921
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post

How is someone going to recommend a Lexington (cap toe blucher) versus something like the Kenilworth?
Because he didn't ask about the Kenilworths. smile.gif Seriously, if I hadn't picked up decade-old NOS shell Leeds for $125 on the 'bay (and if they made Kenilworths in AA widths) I'd've gone that route instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post

and how do you feel specifically about say a black Kenilworth with a worsted suit?
I wouldn't interview in it and I wouldn't wear it to my own wedding -- but if you're gonna wear a blucher with a fine suit, I agree with DG. The Kenilworth is the best option I can think of.
post #45529 of 46921
It's throwback Monday. These are Sanfords from the late 1990s - early 2000s before they were discontinued, reintroduced, and discontinued again. And this was AE's Bourbon back then.


Chris
post #45530 of 46921
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

New webgems up. Yikes! Not pretty. On the plus side, if you wanted to MTO a monkstrap on the 5 last, or an austerity brogue, here's a good chance...



Whoa! These are train-wrecks. However I do agree that they present a good starting point for MTOs.
post #45531 of 46921

5 last double monks would be clutch.

post #45532 of 46921
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


 

 

post #45533 of 46921
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post


Whoa! These are train-wrecks. However I do agree that they present a good starting point for MTOs.

 

+1.  That austerity brogue would look great in snuff suede or brown calfskin.

post #45534 of 46921
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

+1.  That austerity brogue would look great in snuff suede or brown calfskin.

 

I think both have great MTO potential, I don't like how all the details have pinking though. 

post #45535 of 46921
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

New webgems up. Yikes! Not pretty. On the plus side, if you wanted to MTO a monkstrap on the 5 last, or an austerity brogue, here's a good chance...



just, no...

as in, hell no.
post #45536 of 46921
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

It's throwback Monday. These are Sanfords from the late 1990s - early 2000s before they were discontinued, reintroduced, and discontinued again. And this was AE's Bourbon back then.


Chris

Those look great. I would call these walnut in today's colors.

 

Went with the brown shell strands.  For some reason, my iphone+flash oversaturates the color.  Really darker brown not orangy as they look here:

 

5Wz7PhG.jpg

post #45537 of 46921
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

New webgems up. Yikes! Not pretty. On the plus side, if you wanted to MTO a monkstrap on the 5 last, or an austerity brogue, here's a good chance...



Those look like their golf offerings. Someone at AE is either getting lazy, or overworked with MTO when they release webgems the masses would actually want to buy. Those are awful.
post #45538 of 46921

One last question before (finally pulling the trigger). Lexington in Bourbon or brown burnished. Someone posted the bourbon the other day and it looked pretty good. I am looking for a solid mid brown tone. Not too dark but dark enough to wear with most things. Anyone have a good pic of an AE in brown burnished or perhaps thoughts on how dark brown burnished is?

post #45539 of 46921
Quick sizing question.

I have a fifth av. In 10E and fit is good, I'm lookig at buying a Strand from the Tent sale and the selection is limited in 10e , do you think there will be a big difference in fit between the 10E and 10.5D ?. Asking because the selection is way better in 10.5d.

Thanks.
post #45540 of 46921
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Quick sizing question.



I have a fifth av. In 10E and fit is good, I'm lookig at buying a Strand from the Tent sale and the selection is limited in 10e , do you think there will be a big difference in fit between the 10E and 10.5D ?. Asking because the selection is way better in 10.5d.



Thanks.

 



The difference is minor and it depends on your preference. How does the 10E fit? If it's tight to begin with, then you won't fit a 10D, but if you feel relatively comfortable with the 10E, the 10D will be snug.

Another option you can consider is 10.5D. However, if the best fit by far is 10E, I would not compromise fit to save 20% or whatever the difference is.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread