or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 3030

post #45436 of 49731
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post

Im still on the fence. In some wear pics the tweed seems to take up more of the boot than the stock pics make it look like. I think I may have to hold out for the Dalton, which is probably the AE boot I really want.

Always best to get what you really want!
post #45437 of 49731
Off Topic: sitting here sniffing the AE/Napa Soap bath soap i picked up about a month ago...I must say, they do smell pretty nice...however, at $10 a bar, it probably wont be a regular thing, but they smell really good to me.
post #45438 of 49731

Can anyone here enlighten me about the fitting of 1 Last (Daltons) vs 3 Last (73) Shaker Heights?

 

Wanting to pick both pairs yet i'm unsure what size to get.

 

My mora 2.0 9D on last 8(108) fits good at the heel but there is

a bit of room space in the toes. I think 8.5D would be a perfect fit.

 

Also graysons 9D on last 7(97) fits really good also.

 

 

I come out to be an 8.5D on the AE sizing guide.

if that helps

post #45439 of 49731
299 for this macneils is great! However, not sure if it's the camera angle, but that left wing tip being off center bothers the crap out of me haha
post #45440 of 49731
Might be a silly question, but is there any reason by Cambridge Cordovans would fit any differently from other 5-65 lasted calf shoes (either due to the style or the leather)?

About to pull the trigger on some for $399 and want to be sure...
post #45441 of 49731
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Might be a silly question, but is there any reason by Cambridge Cordovans would fit any differently from other 5-65 lasted calf shoes (either due to the style or the leather)?

About to pull the trigger on some for $399 and want to be sure...
Not silly. The Cambridge will fit slightly looser as they are not able to stretch the cordovan around the last as tightly as they can with calf. The difference is not enough to change size (in most cases, YMMV).
post #45442 of 49731
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Not silly. The Cambridge will fit slightly looser as they are not able to stretch the cordovan around the last as tightly as they can with calf. The difference is not enough to change size (in most cases, YMMV).

I can attest that they fit slightly looser. The difference in sizing was significant to me. In my case, the heel of the cambridge was looser than the heel in my 5 last calf shoes, enough that I had to return them. However, YMMV.
post #45443 of 49731
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1KTA222 View Post

Can seconds be returned to regular ae stores? I thought no, but the shoe bank website implies yes. Anybody with real life experience?


Yes you can.  You  can avoid the incurred fee that way.

post #45444 of 49731

Perhaps a PSA and a question:

 

Nordstrom has a fair selection of AE on sale at the moment.

 

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Players in walnut for $215, but I'm aware that the Nordy's variant of this shoe doesn't have the JR double-oak sole.  I'm supposing it is on the 222 last, however, and I'm hoping to get some sizing advice.

 

I'm an 11E in most lasts but couldn't believe how narrow the RL Saunders (by AE) was in this size and last.   I can buy new (but economically soled) Players from Nordy in an 11EEE for $215 or Shoebank seconds in a 10.5EEE for $179.  I'm aware that no two feet are alike and I'm best served going to the store, etc., but any other thoughts may be helpful. Thanks.

post #45445 of 49731
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post

Off Topic: sitting here sniffing the AE/Napa Soap bath soap i picked up about a month ago...I must say, they do smell pretty nice...however, at $10 a bar, it probably wont be a regular thing, but they smell really good to me.

 

I find that this does a much better job if I'm really dirty...

post #45446 of 49731
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

I find that this does a much better job if I'm really dirty...

lol...hahaha...and would you say thats good for sensitive skin?
post #45447 of 49731
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post

lol...hahaha...and would you say thats good for sensitive skin?

 

Yes, though their 2-in-1 "Conditioner/Cleaner" leaves my hair much greasier than expected.

post #45448 of 49731
The Rack has Woodlore shoe trees for $9.90 each, apparently through tomorrow.
post #45449 of 49731

Picked up brown kenilworths and a matching dress belt and polish, came out to 255, and they are looking to see if they can find another black hanover. I want the wholecut as my tuxedo/full formal shoe.

 

They had just one dark chocolate dalton seconds in 10.5E for $254, but somehow I feel that would be too wide...I'll have to hold out for my proper size I guess.

post #45450 of 49731

Polished the Bourbon Hanovers today!

 

With Flash

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread