or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 3002

post #45016 of 53255
Happy Friday gents. Beautiful day in the south, so I pulled out the spectators. Love this time of the year!

vu6aruqe.jpg
post #45017 of 53255
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

@csmitty I had something similar happen to me as well.  My local store sent my Malverns for recrafting after a heel fell off without any significant wear on the shoes.  What I got back were shoes with a deep scratch in one toe.  That caused me to look at AE's before and after pictures, where I noticed the scratch in the before picture.  This tells me the store did a crappy job of packing the shoes and sending them to AE.  I have a pair of Strands that I will recraft soon and can guarantee that I will be the one to pack them and ship them to AE.  I'll also take very thorough pictures before closing the box to deal with any issues like this in the future.


 



Thanks for the insight on your experience. Was there any resolution from the store that sent them? I think mine is a combination of both store, recrafting dept., then the shoddy packing. Next time I will def. take my own before pictures as well.

I got a reply from recrafting this morning requesting that they be sent back for their evaluation. They sent me a label to send it, or I could drop them by my local store. I would like to at least take them by the store to have them take a look since i've already told them about it. However I will still pack them if I still need to send them. I usually keep the AE boxes that fit them perfectly for shipping. Most likely will include bags and trees. The retail store said I might not get them back if I sent them with them the first time. If I had to sacrifice some $10 JAB trees and cheap shoe bags to avoid this I would have.

I do have confidence AE will resolve the issue and have been quick to respond. Just thought this would be good info for the community.
post #45018 of 53255
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

@csmitty I had something similar happen to me as well.  My local store sent my Malverns for recrafting after a heel fell off without any significant wear on the shoes.  What I got back were shoes with a deep scratch in one toe.  That caused me to look at AE's before and after pictures, where I noticed the scratch in the before picture.  This tells me the store did a crappy job of packing the shoes and sending them to AE.  I have a pair of Strands that I will recraft soon and can guarantee that I will be the one to pack them and ship them to AE.  I'll also take very thorough pictures before closing the box to deal with any issues like this in the future.

 



Thanks for the insight on your experience. Was there any resolution from the store that sent them? I think mine is a combination of both store, recrafting dept., then the shoddy packing. Next time I will def. take my own before pictures as well.

I got a reply from recrafting this morning requesting that they be sent back for their evaluation. They sent me a label to send it, or I could drop them by my local store. I would like to at least take them by the store to have them take a look since i've already told them about it. However I will still pack them if I still need to send them. I usually keep the AE boxes that fit them perfectly for shipping. Most likely will include bags and trees. The retail store said I might not get them back if I sent them with them the first time. If I had to sacrifice some $10 JAB trees and cheap shoe bags to avoid this I would have.

I do have confidence AE will resolve the issue and have been quick to respond. Just thought this would be good info for the community.

 

I did not raise it with the store because I:  (i) thought I would be able to polish over the scratch (but was unable to); (ii) suspected they would point to the Before picture as proof that the scratch was already there; and (iii) wear the boots as my  winter beaters.

post #45019 of 53255
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhanghagn0529 View Post

I think it is about 4 working days. Why is there duty within the same country? But there is tax. Hope you won't get busted by customs at the airport.

Just making sure. I bought some Lasalle's from nordstorm last time I was in Florida and no issues with customs.

 

Re: delivery times, try playing around with this:

 

https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home?cc=US&language=en&locId=express

post #45020 of 53255
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

I did not raise it with the store because I:  (i) thought I would be able to polish over the scratch (but was unable to); (ii) suspected they would point to the Before picture as proof that the scratch was already there; and (iii) wear the boots as my  winter beaters.

 



Understandable, and I might have taken the same approach on a pair of Malverns. But on some Dundee's that I spent much time brushing. I'm going to elevate the concerns.

As an aside I've just had a lot of quality issues lately in other aspects. I had to have a customized base ball jersey redone 3 times before I, and others, deemed it wearable (still not 100%). And from the supposed place they send the players jerseys to. Was also done through the team store. Then had to dive into my car for an oil line that was leaking 3 times before finally getting a good part. So its been frustrating to say the least. Hoping this doesn't take 3 rounds as well and I can have something that was in as dropped off condition and not something that is deemed passable and I finally give up on them getting it right.
post #45021 of 53255

So I promised some pictures of my shell Cambridges and Leeds, but unfortunately the Cambridges won't be here until early next week. I do have the Leeds, however, and below is a picture of them. As you can see on the left shoe (right in the picture), there seem to be scratch marks, or something of that sort. Now the majority (95%) of my AE collection is calf, so I have next to zero experience with shell cordovan, but from the little experience I do have, I don't think this is normal. I contacted my semi-local store, and as always (like all AE employees), they were very eager to help me find a solution. My go-to SA, Luis, put in an order for a new pair to be crafted, and told me to bring these in when they arrive. He said the choice will be mine whether to exchange these for the new pair when the time comes. However, are these marks normal? Thanks guys.

 

post #45022 of 53255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader George View Post

So I promised some pictures of my shell Cambridges and Leeds, but unfortunately the Cambridges won't be here until early next week. I do have the Leeds, however, and below is a picture of them. As you can see on the left shoe (right in the picture), there seem to be scratch marks, or something of that sort. Now the majority (95%) of my AE collection is calf, so I have next to zero experience with shell cordovan, but from the little experience I do have, I don't think this is normal. I contacted my semi-local store, and as always (like all AE employees), they were very eager to help me find a solution. My go-to SA, Luis, put in an order for a new pair to be crafted, and told me to bring these in when they arrive. He said the choice will be mine whether to exchange these for the new pair when the time comes. However, are these marks normal? Thanks guys.


Simple answer is no these are not normal. Exchange.
post #45023 of 53255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader George View Post

So I promised some pictures of my shell Cambridges and Leeds, but unfortunately the Cambridges won't be here until early next week. I do have the Leeds, however, and below is a picture of them. As you can see on the left shoe (right in the picture), there seem to be scratch marks, or something of that sort. Now the majority (95%) of my AE collection is calf, so I have next to zero experience with shell cordovan, but from the little experience I do have, I don't think this is normal. I contacted my semi-local store, and as always (like all AE employees), they were very eager to help me find a solution. My go-to SA, Luis, put in an order for a new pair to be crafted, and told me to bring these in when they arrive. He said the choice will be mine whether to exchange these for the new pair when the time comes. However, are these marks normal? Thanks guys.












Where they first quality?
post #45024 of 53255
These don't look consitent with AE's current shell finishing practices. There is quite a lack of polish (which is a good thing if you have a nice quality shell underneath) which is more like their older shells. Maybe these have been sitting around for a while? Either way, if they are firsts, exchange.
post #45025 of 53255

Yeah, they're firsts. Thanks for the input guys, I'm going to definitely exchange then. :)

post #45026 of 53255
Those are seconds now.
As an aside, I also had to return my first pair of "1st quality Leeds" for a couple of defects (mis-matched heel blocks and heel counters).
post #45027 of 53255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader George View Post

So I promised some pictures of my shell Cambridges and Leeds, but unfortunately the Cambridges won't be here until early next week. I do have the Leeds, however, and below is a picture of them. As you can see on the left shoe (right in the picture), there seem to be scratch marks, or something of that sort. Now the majority (95%) of my AE collection is calf, so I have next to zero experience with shell cordovan, but from the little experience I do have, I don't think this is normal. I contacted my semi-local store, and as always (like all AE employees), they were very eager to help me find a solution. My go-to SA, Luis, put in an order for a new pair to be crafted, and told me to bring these in when they arrive. He said the choice will be mine whether to exchange these for the new pair when the time comes. However, are these marks normal? Thanks guys.



Did you try buffing? My shell park aves had splotches like that when I first got them, and they came off with some Reno. It was polish.

Not saying that that's what's on your pair, tho..,
post #45028 of 53255
^^ This is very true, but they are willing to make him another pair. I'd be afriad to touch them them deem them unreturnable. If the OP isn't in a hurry, I'd just wait it out.
post #45029 of 53255
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ This is very true, but they are willing to make him another pair. I'd be afriad to touch them them deem them unreturnable. If the OP isn't in a hurry, I'd just wait it out.

True enough!
post #45030 of 53255
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Would anyone be able to help me out with a good, close up picture of the AE Brown Grain Calf leather?

Considering an MTO in this but can't find that much on it.

I believe their "Grain" leather is available in Black, Brown, Chili and Walnut, correct?

The "Football" grain leather appears to be the Chili but with a larger grain pattern?

They don't have walnut grain as of early this year. 

 

The word I think of when I saw football grain was stubley.  When you run your fingers, you can actually feel them bump against the grain. I have a chili grain and it is more like the grain pattern is a lot smaller. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread