or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2944

post #44146 of 47026

I really need to condition my AEs, -- how often do you all take care of your shoes?

post #44147 of 47026
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostron View Post

I really need to condition my AEs, -- how often do you all take care of your shoes?

I give my shoes some attention after every wearing. Maybe not a full up job, but at least a brush/buff. But I pretty much only have shell cordovan now.

-Mike
post #44148 of 47026
Picked up some Mcallister seconds today in walnut and grey. The walnut is beautiful. And I'm hoping they grey will work casual with dark denim.
post #44149 of 47026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatenc123 View Post

Picked up some Mcallister seconds today in walnut and grey. The walnut is beautiful. And I'm hoping they grey will work casual with dark denim.

 

Sweet!  Grey?  Haven't seen that yet in a McAllister.  Pic?

post #44150 of 47026
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Sweet!  Grey?  Haven't seen that yet in a McAllister.  Pic?

Misspoke grey is a mctavish. Oops.




True color of great is closer in the first picture
post #44151 of 47026
If I want to go up 1/2 size in length from 9.5EEE, should I go with 10E or 10EE?

Thanks
post #44152 of 47026

My AE McAllisters with new custom length / custom black metal tipped Waxed Cotton Laces.

 

post #44153 of 47026
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post

 

Thanks fellas! 

 

Okay so I looked them over in more detail and the walnut and dark chocolate calf shoes are definitely good to go. The Natty CXL, on the other hand, I'm more iffy on but let me know what you guys think (the issues aren't as bad as Kahuna's).

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Uneven lace area on the left shoe

 

Of the typical 2nds flaws, this one bothers me the most. I tried one of Ian's lacing methods on one shoe of a pair of Rapid Cities, and it straightened them out pretty well: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/sawtoothlacing.htm

 

Depending on how close the facings are when you lace them up (and if you're willing to bar lace them), it might be worth a shot.

post #44154 of 47026

Was wondering if anyone here has the AE Banchory grey wingtips advertised here...

http://www.footwearonlinemall.com/mens-allen-edmonds-banchory-grey-leather-p-22338/

 

I found a pair on clearance at a Nordstrom rack for $129.  I tried them on and was amazed at how comfortable they are (almost felt like they were unlined suede).  Wanted to snag them, but wasn't sure what I would wear them with??  I thought sockless as a summer shoe (they are closer to dirty white than grey).  I wear mostly business casual (i.e. khaki, navy chinos, some seersucker, not much denim, and wool greys).  Will this shoe find a niche in my wardrobe?

 

If you own this shoe, what do you pair with it?  Any pics in the wild?  Much thanks in advance!

post #44155 of 47026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Was wondering if anyone here has the AE Banchory grey wingtips advertised here...

http://www.footwearonlinemall.com/mens-allen-edmonds-banchory-grey-leather-p-22338/

 

I found a pair on clearance at a Nordstrom rack for $129.  I tried them on and was amazed at how comfortable they are (almost felt like they were unlined suede).  Wanted to snag them, but wasn't sure what I would wear them with??  I thought sockless as a summer shoe (they are closer to dirty white than grey).  I wear mostly business casual (i.e. khaki, navy chinos, some seersucker, not much denim, and wool greys).  Will this shoe find a niche in my wardrobe?

 

If you own this shoe, what do you pair with it?  Any pics in the wild?  Much thanks in advance!

 

Dont buy them from this site, looks fake.

post #44156 of 47026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Was wondering if anyone here has the AE Banchory grey wingtips advertised here...
http://www.footwearonlinemall.com/mens-allen-edmonds-banchory-grey-leather-p-22338/

I found a pair on clearance at a Nordstrom rack for $129.  I tried them on and was amazed at how comfortable they are (almost felt like they were unlined suede).  Wanted to snag them, but wasn't sure what I would wear them with??  I thought sockless as a summer shoe (they are closer to dirty white than grey).  I wear mostly business casual (i.e. khaki, navy chinos, some seersucker, not much denim, and wool greys).  Will this shoe find a niche in my wardrobe?

If you own this shoe, what do you pair with it?  Any pics in the wild?  Much thanks in advance!

You can wear the grey Banchory in situations where you would otherwise wear a pair of white canvas sneakers.
post #44157 of 47026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Was wondering if anyone here has the AE Banchory grey wingtips advertised here...

http://www.footwearonlinemall.com/mens-allen-edmonds-banchory-grey-leather-p-22338/

 

I found a pair on clearance at a Nordstrom rack for $129.  I tried them on and was amazed at how comfortable they are (almost felt like they were unlined suede).  Wanted to snag them, but wasn't sure what I would wear them with??  I thought sockless as a summer shoe (they are closer to dirty white than grey).  I wear mostly business casual (i.e. khaki, navy chinos, some seersucker, not much denim, and wool greys).  Will this shoe find a niche in my wardrobe?

 

If you own this shoe, what do you pair with it?  Any pics in the wild?  Much thanks in advance!

 

New site (2 weeks old) + broken English + pictures lifted directly from AE's website + no way to contact them except through email?

 

I wouldn't touch it with someone else's ten-foot pole.

post #44158 of 47026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

 

Dont buy them from this site, looks fake.

Please see below.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by helius0 View Post
 

New site (2 weeks old) + broken English + pictures lifted directly from AE's website + no way to contact them except through email?

 

I wouldn't touch it with someone else's ten-foot pole.

I actually found the shoe at a local B&M Nordstrom Rack.  I shouldn't have posted that link.  I only meant to use it as a reference for the pic (it was the first hit in my google search).  My intention was to acquire feedback on how useful the shoes are.  I appreciate you both looking out for me and a questionable-looking website!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyhungry View Post

You can wear the grey Banchory in situations where you would otherwise wear a pair of white canvas sneakers.

That's about what I thought.  Was hoping for a little more versatility. Thanks!

post #44159 of 47026
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRay View Post
 

My AE McAllisters with new custom length / custom black metal tipped Waxed Cotton Laces.

 

Strings and socks are really fantastic.

post #44160 of 47026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post
 

Strings and socks are really fantastic.

Thank you,  going to try them out today!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread