or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2762

post #41416 of 51071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
 

Elgin made for Brooks Brothers has a rubber outsole. The AE version doesn't.

post #41417 of 51071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus View Post


The pic isn't mine, I found it on the web. That being said, I will be putting a Topy on mine as I do with all my shoes. I do a ton of walking on concrete, and I also work in a hospital where leather soled shoes are not the greatest idea.
post #41418 of 51071
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post
 

 

I picked up the pine rivers as well. Not my typical choice but I figured for the price it wouldn't be much of a risk. 

 

How do they fit? Can you snap a pic with a pair of jeans on? no cuff.

In the wild:

And at home:

As an aside, I wore today with my BOURBON MANISTEE...

Was this sacrilege? It looked great (to me, at least).

Belt was barely seen, but it still looks passable. Thoughts?

 

I saw this question yesterday, about how the manistee can be used; this will make three shoes the bourbon works with - six shoes work with walnut version.  

post #41419 of 51071

Behold the wonderfulness that is Allen Edmonds MTO:

 

 

Seven of the nine are from the current MTO program.  From left to right:

 

1.  Brown Chromexcel Bayfield.  I had a pair in 12E, but with the Poron insole, it was way too tight.  Turns out I needed a 12.5 EEE, but it was not a standard size.  These are stock.

2.  Black sharkskin Eagle County with a v-tread tap sole.  Pretty straightforward, and one of the last Eagle County pairs at the $197 sale price.  

3.  Black sharkskin Clifton.  One of the two that did not come from the current MTO program.  Sherman Brothers helped me get these before Allen Edmonds had an MTO option for the SF consumer.

4.  Chili/brown sharkskin Shelton.  These were made from the only brown and chili sharkskin they had.  There is no more.

5.  Walnut shell cordovan Mac Neil with natural welt and edge dressing.  These are the pair that started the current craze.  

6.  Walnut shell cordovan/cappuccino shell cordovan Shelton.  Two rare colors of shell in one.

7.  Cappuccino shell McAllister.  I didn't get these when they were webgems.  Same exact makeup.

8.  Burgundy shell Lexington with natural welt and edge dressing and Independence insole.

9.  Black calf Wendell.  The other that did not come through the current MTO program.  Retired style at the time, but Paul himself helped me get them made.

 

My overall experience with the MTO program has been amazing.  First Deborah and then Allison - their customer service has been top-notch and they have been patient and helpful every step of the way.  I am thoroughly pleased with all of the shoes.  

 

In addition to these, I also had three Neumoks made during the original custom Neumok run:

AppleMark

 

Additionally, I have some older MTOs I bought off eBay.  They are the two on the left, made of real American Gator:

AppleMark

post #41420 of 51071
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post
 

Behold the wonderfulness that is Allen Edmonds MTO:


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Seven of the nine are from the current MTO program.  From left to right:

 

1.  Brown Chromexcel Bayfield.  I had a pair in 12E, but with the Poron insole, it was way too tight.  Turns out I needed a 12.5 EEE, but it was not a standard size.  These are stock.

2.  Black sharkskin Eagle County with a v-tread tap sole.  Pretty straightforward, and one of the last Eagle County pairs at the $197 sale price.  

3.  Black sharkskin Clifton.  One of the two that did not come from the current MTO program.  Sherman Brothers helped me get these before Allen Edmonds had an MTO option for the SF consumer.

4.  Chili/brown sharkskin Shelton.  These were made from the only brown and chili sharkskin they had.  There is no more.

5.  Walnut shell cordovan Mac Neil with natural welt and edge dressing.  These are the pair that started the current craze.  

6.  Walnut shell cordovan/cappuccino shell cordovan Shelton.  Two rare colors of shell in one.

7.  Cappuccino shell McAllister.  I didn't get these when they were webgems.  Same exact makeup.

8.  Burgundy shell Lexington with natural welt and edge dressing and Independence insole.

9.  Black calf Wendell.  The other that did not come through the current MTO program.  Retired style at the time, but Paul himself helped me get them made.

 

My overall experience with the MTO program has been amazing.  First Deborah and then Allison - their customer service has been top-notch and they have been patient and helpful every step of the way.  I am thoroughly pleased with all of the shoes.  

 

In addition to these, I also had three Neumoks made during the original custom Neumok run:

AppleMark

 

Additionally, I have some older MTOs I bought off eBay.  They are the two on the left, made of real American Gator:

AppleMark

 

 

:worship2:

post #41421 of 51071
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

worship2.gif

+1, that is an amazing use of the MTO program. Although, my absolute favorite for some crazy reason is the Gator Park Avenues. :-)
post #41422 of 51071

Noob here on recrafting and need some pointers. I was prepping my Waltons now that warmer weather is suppose to be around the corner. I noticed my heels are wearing down. Is this when I should bring this in for a heel replacement or can I survive with a heel tap for now? The rest of the heel is still in good shape. Also, when do folks usually think soles needs recrafting? Do I still have more miles before needing to send them back in? 

 

  

 

 

Thanks!

post #41423 of 51071
Quote:
Originally Posted by quidameister View Post
 

Noob here on recrafting and need some pointers. I was prepping my Waltons now that warmer weather is suppose to be around the corner. I noticed my heels are wearing down. Is this when I should bring this in for a heel replacement or can I survive with a heel tap for now? The rest of the heel is still in good shape. Also, when do folks usually think soles needs recrafting? Do I still have more miles before needing to send them back in? 

 

  

 

 

Thanks!

 

How long did you have those and how often do you wear them (a week)?

Not an expert but it looks the a heel tap will be just fine since the rest of the heel and sole are still in very good shape.  Can't really see it from the first picture, but you may want to put a toe tap as well, it probably will prolong the life of your shoes.

post #41424 of 51071
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post
 

 

How long did you have those and how often do you wear them (a week)?

Not an expert but it looks the a heel tap will be just fine since the rest of the heel and sole are still in very good shape.  Can't really see it from the first picture, but you may want to put a toe tap as well, it probably will prolong the life of your shoes.

Great question. It wore them once every 1 or 2 weeks over the past year, not counting this winter as I went to boots. A couple of my other pairs are in the same condition.

 

I agree with your suggestion about the toe tap. Good eye with the first pic. 

post #41425 of 51071

Quote:

Originally Posted by shartmann View Post
 

 

That's a good score for $120. I've seen some shoes at the Rack that looked used but had been resoled. Maybe that's the case here?  I browse through my size every time I visit, and have yet to see something that appealing. I would keep them. Plus, you already have the belt.

 

I posted this about a year ago, suggesting that Nordstrom Rack sold shoes that had been worn and resoled, as I thought I had seen some in there that were pretty beaten up but had new all black soles. Several folks disagreed with this, and the shoes were gone the next time I was there so I couldn't take a closer look. 

 

I had not seen any shoes like it since then, until today when I saw this pair of walnut Daltons. They were in fairly good condition but did not look new. The soles and the heels were all black, and it looked like the original soles had been sanded down and painted as you could still see the "Allen Edmonds" imprint. They were labeled "worn and refinished". The pairs from last year were not labeled this way, if I remember correctly. 

 

The price was pretty good, but I did not purchase them as they didn't fit very well. I certainly don't mind them selling previously worn shoes, especially since they were clearly marked as such. In fact, this may have been the highest quality pair of AE's I have seen at the Rack. I had stopped looking as the AE selection had been non-existent, but I suppose now I will continue to make a pass through the shoe section.

 

 

 

 

 

This was a pair of LaSalles, where the sole was done a bit differently. 

 

 

 

 

post #41426 of 51071
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrik13 View Post

The pic isn't mine, I found it on the web. That being said, I will be putting a Topy on mine as I do with all my shoes. I do a ton of walking on concrete, and I also work in a hospital where leather soled shoes are not the greatest idea.

I took the photo. And then I sold that pair to forum member BCer. Anyway, they were purchased from the AE website and my cobbler put that TOPY on, FYI.
post #41427 of 51071

How are people getting Daltons with the 2/250 sale? Aren't they a "current model" and not closeout?

post #41428 of 51071
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post
 

Behold the wonderfulness that is Allen Edmonds MTO:

 

 

 

Seven of the nine are from the current MTO program.  From left to right:

 

1.  Brown Chromexcel Bayfield.  I had a pair in 12E, but with the Poron insole, it was way too tight.  Turns out I needed a 12.5 EEE, but it was not a standard size.  These are stock.

2.  Black sharkskin Eagle County with a v-tread tap sole.  Pretty straightforward, and one of the last Eagle County pairs at the $197 sale price.  

3.  Black sharkskin Clifton.  One of the two that did not come from the current MTO program.  Sherman Brothers helped me get these before Allen Edmonds had an MTO option for the SF consumer.

4.  Chili/brown sharkskin Shelton.  These were made from the only brown and chili sharkskin they had.  There is no more.

5.  Walnut shell cordovan Mac Neil with natural welt and edge dressing.  These are the pair that started the current craze.  

6.  Walnut shell cordovan/cappuccino shell cordovan Shelton.  Two rare colors of shell in one.

7.  Cappuccino shell McAllister.  I didn't get these when they were webgems.  Same exact makeup.

8.  Burgundy shell Lexington with natural welt and edge dressing and Independence insole.

9.  Black calf Wendell.  The other that did not come through the current MTO program.  Retired style at the time, but Paul himself helped me get them made.

 

My overall experience with the MTO program has been amazing.  First Deborah and then Allison - their customer service has been top-notch and they have been patient and helpful every step of the way.  I am thoroughly pleased with all of the shoes.  

 

In addition to these, I also had three Neumoks made during the original custom Neumok run:

AppleMark

 

Additionally, I have some older MTOs I bought off eBay.  They are the two on the left, made of real American Gator:

 

Beautiful colors...and model...fantastics.

post #41429 of 51071

The Daltons are only available in certain colors, and may of them are seconds.  The only firsts I've seen available are in their "chili" color, but I haven't checked every size at every outlet.

post #41430 of 51071

I bought Dalton Gray color for my wife (size 6.5 E) as a surprise. I hope she will like it.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread