or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2761

post #41401 of 47050
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post

is that a more polite way of saying you have a hard on? I've never heard that one before...

I believe it is smile.gif
post #41402 of 47050
Got three of four ordered the spagias navy suede a 're firsts and awesome, strawfuts a stain on fabric no way are they going back and the stradmock has good scuff on suede toe box....keepers, between being tan and suede I would put that scuff there myself in just a few wears....tempted to order something in 65 last 1/2 size smaller and a size wider just to see the comfort level.
post #41403 of 47050
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

I just got these two the other week and can't decide whether they are keepers. My black shoes don't see much use but at the sale price these were a steal. I wonder what do you wear yours with mostly?

I also thought to resole them with the black Dainite sole keeping the sole edge natural or transparent brown, but I am not sure about this just yet.

 

This is why I'm probably going to sell my shell leeds...

post #41404 of 47050
Black bluchers are the best shoe for odd charcoal trousers, especially in monochrome fits. And that's about all they do well. Oxblood can usually work as well in odd charcoal fits and is much more versatile in other areas.
post #41405 of 47050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossington View Post




IMG_20140322_163408.jpg 1468k .jpg file IMG_20140322_163347.jpg 1472k .jpg file RL Immingham's by AE for anyone wondering what they look like, picked them up in the 2 for 250 received in Toronto today. IMG_20140322_163323.jpg 984k .jpg file






Great model
post #41406 of 47050
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post


I'm also looking to add the Manistee belts (bourbon and walnut) to match the shoe collections.  When is a good time to get them? AE Anny sale? Nordstrom Half year sale?

Anyone has experience with the 2nd belts?

I'm sure others were able to find better deals, but I picked a couple up at the AE retail store when they were having a 15% off sale, and the rest I found off of eBay for 20% off + used eBay bucks as well.
post #41407 of 47050
No ones ever confirmed 2nds belts beat I got was 15% off first belts.
post #41408 of 47050
So for future sales, does AE do an email blast to their subscriber list?

I was a few days late to this one and missed out on a few things I really wanted so I would like to be prepared for next time!
post #41409 of 47050
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhindian View Post

So for future sales, does AE do an email blast to their subscriber list?

I was a few days late to this one and missed out on a few things I really wanted so I would like to be prepared for next time!

Watch this thread word went out weeks before the sale.
post #41410 of 47050
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilWagon View Post

Watch this thread word went out weeks before the sale.


I think today is the final day..
post #41411 of 47050

Finally managed to make an order with the 2/250. I personally prefer getting the lists of shoes vs. the website (I was only ever able to use it in the early morning, presumably because the server is getting overworked). Interestingly, a bunch of shoes listed as 'closeout' ~1 month ago when the first news of the sale leaked out are no longer 'closeout' models, which is a bummer.

Anyhow, managed to snag an Elgin and a Burgandy Clifton in 13E. I was really hoping for a brown distressed McTavish to wear as a casual shoe, but unfortunately the pair they had was apparently not worth it (always worthwhile to ask them to lay eyes on the product, especially those of us up in Canada as the shipping is expensive!). I already have a walnut Sanford, which is pretty similar to the Elgin, but at that price I couldn't pass it up.


Some pics I grabbed from the internet:

jc_clothe_10.jpg

89061240_vbattach38479.jpg

Hope everyone else gets what they wanted from the 2/250!

post #41412 of 47050

Mavrik: That looks like a great order!  I love my Cliftons, and I just recently ordered those same Elgins and a pair of chili Daltons from the 2-for-$250 sale.  I'm relatively new to buying high-end shoes, so I debated whether I should buy a dress boot before I acquired a few more versatile varieties of shoe, but those boots are so expensive, even the seconds, so acquiring a pair for $125 seemed to be too good of an opportunity to pass up!

 

Question for the thread:  I work in a government office, which has a business formal dress code, but which isn't as clothes-conscious as I would assume many private companies would be.  Do you think that tan Elgins are too casual to wear with a blue suit?  I wouldn't wear them to court, or on days when I have important meetings, but could you wear them on regular office days?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavrik13 View Post
 

Finally managed to make an order with the 2/250. I personally prefer getting the lists of shoes vs. the website (I was only ever able to use it in the early morning, presumably because the server is getting overworked). Interestingly, a bunch of shoes listed as 'closeout' ~1 month ago when the first news of the sale leaked out are no longer 'closeout' models, which is a bummer.

Anyhow, managed to snag an Elgin and a Burgandy Clifton in 13E. I was really hoping for a brown distressed McTavish to wear as a casual shoe, but unfortunately the pair they had was apparently not worth it (always worthwhile to ask them to lay eyes on the product, especially those of us up in Canada as the shipping is expensive!). I already have a walnut Sanford, which is pretty similar to the Elgin, but at that price I couldn't pass it up.


Some pics I grabbed from the internet:

jc_clothe_10.jpg

89061240_vbattach38479.jpg

Hope everyone else gets what they wanted from the 2/250!

post #41413 of 47050

Does anybody know on which lasts the Cliftons are made? 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

1 last is true to size. Get your Brannock size

5 size is long and narrow. Go down 1/2 size and up 1/2 width from your Brannock size (and 1 last)

8 (108) last is rather narrow at the tow, but I would also go with my true Brannock size.

Of course, YMMV.

post #41414 of 47050
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn View Post


8 last
post #41415 of 47050

Running errands with recently acquired Brown Shell Dundees today

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread