or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2742

post #41116 of 53308
Anyone have a 10.5 D list?
post #41117 of 53308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

I love my Long Branches in Waxy and wore them a ton this winter now granted I was not dancing around in snow puddles but they went great with my assortment of corduroy pants and henley style shirts...I got mine a width wider as I wear boot socks to keep my toes warm.

 

My big hang up has been in treating them- I like the waxy look so have only used AE leather conditioner and a light spray of AE waterproofer. There are some picks way back a bunch of pages of a pair lathered up with HDLP that seem to be able to withstand anything. They are extremely comfortable too

If there's one thing your boots won't lose with HDLP application, it's the waxy look; they'll in fact have a waxy FEEL as well. I even HDLP'ed my leather laces. No problem.

post #41118 of 53308
I wore my HDLPed Long Branches all winter, too:



post #41119 of 53308
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodaman View Post

i wear a US9 D...is that what you were asking?

Yeah, I was going to say I could forward you the 8.5 list if that was your size
post #41120 of 53308
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmonkey View Post


Yeah, I was going to say I could forward you the 8.5 list if that was your size

Thanks for the thought though=)

post #41121 of 53308
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEWithoutStyle View Post

Anyone?

How do you typically dress? Suit and tie? Bus casual? What climate (snowy winter or sunny year around or lots of rain)?
post #41122 of 53308
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmonkey View Post

Yeah, I was going to say I could forward you the 8.5 list if that was your size
I was back reading but couldn't seem to find the 8.5 list. I saw the 8D list though. Would be great if you can share the post number or page number where the 8.5 list is. Thanks!
post #41123 of 53308
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

I was back reading but couldn't seem to find the 8.5 list. I saw the 8D list though. Would be great if you can share the post number or page number where the 8.5 list is. Thanks!

On mobile so I don't want to copy paste here.
Message me your email and I can forward it
Edited by cadmonkey - 3/20/14 at 6:47am
post #41124 of 53308
Quote:
Originally Posted by obamabux View Post
 

If you have 9.5 3E or 9.5 2E that would be awesome. 

I've got the 9.5 3E list. Send me your email, and I'll forward it to you. The shaker heights have been taken by me.

post #41125 of 53308

Hi guys, shoebank has about 800 emails in the inbox so prospects of getting a list are fairly bleak at this point.

 

Does anyone have an 8E list they can forward?

 

email is paolo @ u dot northwestern dot edu if that's easier.

 

thanks!

 

Also, since the suede strands aren't as "fortified" do people typically grab a smaller size? thanks!

post #41126 of 53308
Deets on another number to call? Can't get through on the 7158 number for the last hour ... frown.gif
post #41127 of 53308
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


The design of the shoe really has to come into play, here. You shouldn't just say "shell is casual" or "shell is formal". And the fact that Alden, Carimna, etc. use shell does not make it formal as stated. Show me a black shell balmoral and a black calf blucher and the balmoral is more formal.

I do agree that any black, blucher has a bit of an identity crisis. The fact that it's shell has nothing to do with it.

It's my assertion that shell is inherently casual just like a blucher is inherently casual. Consequently ANY shell bal under my rubric has an identity crisis.

This is not to say that I would never wear a shell bal, I might if I had 1. However I would wear them about as often as a black blucher, probably less. To me a bal is formal and I feel highly uncomfortable wearing bals without a suit. Shell however IMO should be worn with just about anything but a suit. Hence I would pretty much never find occasion to wear a shell bal.

I know this thinking runs completely counter to all the shell strand and pa mto's here. Even how people generally wear strands here likely. The number of people that find walnut strands versatile baffles me (but this is clearly because of my self-imposed no bals with odd jacket restriction).

Bottom line: I see shell bals as a anachronistic at best, but if I could learn to relax my bal restriction I might find a similar use for them as a suede bal.

Again, YMMV
post #41128 of 53308
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEWithoutStyle View Post

Anyone?

I don't know what is available in your size, but I would suggest a blucher as you have 3 balmorals.

It would depend on your usual dress - casual vs business. But you can get a blucher in either style.

Chris
post #41129 of 53308
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEWithoutStyle View Post

Anyone?
It really doesn't matter your work or current wardrobe, because you can't go wrong with the Walnut Strands. Ornate, but who's gonna say, "your shoes are just TOO awesome... Remove them immediately, if not sooner!" The shoe is also versatile; Allen Edmonds' female SA's wear them more than the men. That's how sick they are. Now go get them, Man!
post #41130 of 53308
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post


It's my assertion that shell is inherently casual just like a blucher is inherently casual. Consequently ANY shell bal under my rubric has an identity crisis.

This is not to say that I would never wear a shell bal, I might if I had 1. However I would wear them about as often as a black blucher, probably less. To me a bal is formal and I feel highly uncomfortable wearing bals without a suit. Shell however IMO should be worn with just about anything but a suit. Hence I would pretty much never find occasion to wear a shell bal.

I know this thinking runs completely counter to all the shell strand and pa mto's here. Even how people generally wear strands here likely. The number of people that find walnut strands versatile baffles me (but this is clearly because of my self-imposed no bals with odd jacket restriction).

Bottom line: I see shell bals as a anachronistic at best, but if I could learn to relax my bal restriction I might find a similar use for them as a suede bal.

Again, YMMV

 

I think it's unfortunate that you impose that rule on yourself. I actually prefer bals on just about everything since I like the look more. I think bals look out of place on longwings and bucks, but that's about it. I wear bals with jeans as well and I rarely ever wear a suit but wear bals with sc's and odd jackets as well.

 

Come to the dark side!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread