or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2715

post #40711 of 47148

Walnut Strands on sale at Amazon, as low as $230 with first time 20% coupon.  I got me a pair.  Black Park Aves look to be similarly priced.  Link below for deal instructions.

 

http://slickdeals.net/f/6789036-allen-edmonds-strand-cap-toe-shoe-in-walnut-amazon-for-286-83-or-229-46-with-their-20-clothing-coupon

post #40712 of 47148
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post
 

 

On a related note, does anyone have issues getting these shoe trees to fit properly in the Fifth Street Boot? I use the same size on every shoe and boot I own with no issues, however, with the Fifth Street the tree gets hung up before expanding fully into the toe box.

 

I have this same issue, but not only on my Fifth Streets. I have that issue on probably 90% of my shoes. I wear size 11B and I'm thinking the narrow width is probably why. Anybody have a solution to this? I use medium sized trees as they are recommended for 11B, but they still don't even come close to filling out the front..

 

Wondering if I should actually invest in the small size now.

post #40713 of 47148

^^^^ I had similar issues. I found a solution by inserting the shoe tree on its side first and then twisting it flat when it's almost the shoe. It's just the Fifth Street that I have to do this for as well.


Edited by quidameister - 3/15/14 at 7:54am
post #40714 of 47148
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEWithoutStyle View Post
 

Walnut Strands on sale at Amazon, as low as $230 with first time 20% coupon.  I got me a pair.  Black Park Aves look to be similarly priced.  Link below for deal instructions.

 

http://slickdeals.net/f/6789036-allen-edmonds-strand-cap-toe-shoe-in-walnut-amazon-for-286-83-or-229-46-with-their-20-clothing-coupon

Was really excited to see this.. looked... and realized the only one left available in my size were the walnuts which were $365 :/ 

 

Do these sales only occur rarely? Either way thanks for the info and link 

post #40715 of 47148
Quote:
Originally Posted by StyleNovice6 View Post

Was really excited to see this.. looked... and realized the only one left available in my size were the walnuts which were $365 :/ 

Do these sales only occur rarely? Either way thanks for the info and link 
Amazon brings the price down to the mid to upper $200s maybe every few months, usually only on walnut strands and black park aves. As always price on Amazon fluctuates randomly and quickly.
post #40716 of 47148

Hey,

 

I am really wanting to buy the pair of Black Park Ave. However the only problem is that I dont really know my size (I already ordered some AE loafer that were terribly sized). I actually have an AE store 10 min from me. Would it be acceptable if I get fitted in store then buy online? If the difference is small I would defiantly buy in store but there is literally like 150$ difference. Any ideas on how  I can compensate the sale person?

 

Also how long does those sale usually last?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by EEWithoutStyle View Post
 

Walnut Strands on sale at Amazon, as low as $230 with first time 20% coupon.  I got me a pair.  Black Park Aves look to be similarly priced.  Link below for deal instructions.

 

http://slickdeals.net/f/6789036-allen-edmonds-strand-cap-toe-shoe-in-walnut-amazon-for-286-83-or-229-46-with-their-20-clothing-coupon

post #40717 of 47148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post


Go to the store and try them on. It's better for Allen Edmonds and you than for you to have to return them.
post #40718 of 47148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post

Yeah just go try them out. It is their product after all. And $230 isn't the lowest it's been on Amazon. I believe it's dipped to around $170 before with the 20% subscription code. The prices fall every couple months or so. The sale lasts until they've sold out, or whenever Amazon feels like changing the price again.

post #40719 of 47148
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

I really like my Maxfields
maxfield.jpg

I also like my Nashuas
nashua.jpg

Both of these will get a lot of wear this summer.

Chris

Great model...compliment
post #40720 of 47148
Hi. Where are BB seconds available and how do you know when they go on sale? Thanks!
post #40721 of 47148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post


A nice gesture would probably be to buy some supplies from him, like a shoe horn, black polish, brush, etc.

That's what I do whenever someone has helped me and it doesn't result in a sale.
post #40722 of 47148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff Jones View Post

Hi. Where are BB seconds available and how do you know when they go on sale? Thanks!

A) from the AE Shoebank and AE outlets (shoebank@allenedmonds.com or jville@allenedmonds.com)

B) follow this thread to find the most recent sale information. You can also request to be put on the shoebank's mailing list, though sometimes I receive the fliers and sometimes I don't. Go figure.
post #40723 of 47148

Wow. So I dont really have like 0 need for it for like another 6-7 month. Should I just wait for the nordstorm anniversary sale then price match+subscription code? 

 

Oh and buying supply is a great idea!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by movoblast View Post
 

Yeah just go try them out. It is their product after all. And $230 isn't the lowest it's been on Amazon. I believe it's dipped to around $170 before with the 20% subscription code. The prices fall every couple months or so. The sale lasts until they've sold out, or whenever Amazon feels like changing the price again.

 

post #40724 of 47148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post

Amazon doesn't price match shoes I believe.
post #40725 of 47148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
 

Though amazon offer the subscription code regularly, it doesn't always offer the code so you may run a risk that it's not going to be there when the nordstrom sale starts.   Many had reported that some AE sale associates may price match Nordstrom price during the sale.

 

Honestly, you just going to have to set a price that you feel comfortable buying because there will always be a deal that is better that the one you have.  IMO, the buying experience counts as well, especially if this is your first AE shoes.  It's important to get the right size and buying it at an AE store will ensure that.  Maybe you end up paying more at the AE stores but you will be much happier down to road.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread