or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2701

post #40501 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
 

What belts do you guys own/pair with your AEs?  I bought the walnut Manistees to pair with my walnut Strands (not planning on getting another walnut shoe), bourbon Dearborn for my Mora 2s (I might get another bourbon shoe), just picked up the merlot Manistees on sale to go with the McAllisters I just bought (decided not to get another merlot after this).  I bought a cheap reversible black/brown belt for my black McAllisters, but those broke, so now I'm looking to buy a quality black belt to match with the McAllisters and any black colored shoes I might purchase down the line.  Any suggestions?

 

 

I use a Brown CXL belt (need a natural one now too)_from rancourt for pretty much most of my casual brown shoes if I am wearing chinos or jeans. I have a Manistee as well for my walnut Mcallisters. I still need just a basic brown dress belt though for my dark brown Park Aves, I am just to lazy to go out and find one as I really do not wear them that often.

post #40502 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac View Post

Received my new Franciscan Monk Straps today. I needed a black pair of shoes that I could wear with a suit as well as jeans. These certainly fit the build! They are a tad loose but nothing that tongue pads could not remedy.

For those of you that have monk straps, do you slip them on and off or do you undo the strap every time? Just wondering what the masses are doing.

I also wanted to recognize the fantastic service I get from Kristle at the Jeffersonville location. She will always take time to answer any questions I have regarding fit and comparing different lasts to one another.


First thing you need to do is get some socks.
post #40503 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac View Post

Received my new Franciscan Monk Straps today. I needed a black pair of shoes that I could wear with a suit as well as jeans. These certainly fit the build! They are a tad loose but nothing that tongue pads could not remedy.

For those of you that have monk straps, do you slip them on and off or do you undo the strap every time? Just wondering what the masses are doing.

I also wanted to recognize the fantastic service I get from Kristle at the Jeffersonville location. She will always take time to answer any questions I have regarding fit and comparing different lasts to one another.

 

Those are some very nice monks! But they need a shine. I would give them a little bit of conditioner, then a few coats of cream polish, and finally wax the toe-box. I think monks are an elegant shoe, and benefit from a mirror shine on the toe. No need to undo the straps - treat them like loafers.

post #40504 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
 

unfortunately for the lovers of the Elgin shoe, it seems sold out in 9.5 and 10...

 

Too bad, it look like an amazing shoe...

 

Actually they still have a pair in Atlanta but it as a discolouration so, they don't sell it.

 

So i took the Promontory Point... as i had cash burning in my pocket..

 

But I definitely put those shoes on my list...

 

- Elgin Tan Waxed (or similar in color) (i love the new rush str gold on danite sole!!!)

- WallNut Franciscian

- Blue Neumok...

- Some black one... just... because... but not really attracted by them...(the only one actually is the university...)

 

Any one know where to find one or what shoes to pick up with the same color?

Thanks

Is the Elgin discontinued or just out of stock in the 9.5 and 10?

post #40505 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTGuthrie View Post

Is the Elgin discontinued or just out of stock in the 9.5 and 10?
I believe I saw on the AE website a while ago 'discontinued'...a shame, because I love that style more every time I wear them!


post #40506 of 50997
u7egy6ug.jpgtasuneby.jpg

Just got a pair of the LaSalle's...a bit tight around the sides of my feet at the ball. Hopefully these will loosen a little over time, can someone recommend me a thin sock?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #40507 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats33cats View Post



Just got a pair of the LaSalle's...a bit tight around the sides of my feet at the ball. Hopefully these will loosen a little over time, can someone recommend me a thin sock?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Best thin socks I've worn is Panthrella, but it's a bit pricey. gold toe dress socks are thin as well, but it doesn't hold its shape for too long. 

post #40508 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac View Post

For those of you that have monk straps, do you slip them on and off or do you undo the strap every time? Just wondering what the masses are doing.
 

 

I slip my AE Lubbock on/off without bothering with the buckles.  I do use a shoe horn to put them on though.

post #40509 of 50997

Can't decide on my MacNeil Golden Brown CXL MTO specs so I want to take the "Ask the Audience" option.

1. Contrasting vs. tone-on-tone stitching?

     I intend to wear them casually, but I am thinking that the contrasting stitching could be an overkill. It looks OK in the Rush Street, but being a cap toe, it      has way less stitching than the longwing.

2. Red vs. black Dainite.

     I am leaning towards the red one, but opinions are welcome.

post #40510 of 50997
What shade is best for someone's second pair (have back PAs) wearing in a biz professional setting (navy/charcoal suits)? Brown Burnished or Bourbon?
post #40511 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven7seven View Post

What shade is best for someone's second pair (have back PAs) wearing in a biz professional setting (navy/charcoal suits)? Brown Burnished or Bourbon?
Brown Burnished or Burgundy. Bourbon can look fantastic casually, but I don't particularly like it with more traditional suits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Can't decide on my MacNeil Golden Brown CXL MTO specs so I want to take the "Ask the Audience" option.
1. Contrasting vs. tone-on-tone stitching?
     I intend to wear them casually, but I am thinking that the contrasting stitching could be an overkill. It looks OK in the Rush Street, but being a cap toe, it      has way less stitching
than the longwing.

2. Red vs. black Dainite.
     I am leaning towards the red one, but opinions are welcome.
I love the red Dainite; can't wait for them to offer orange as I prefer the similarity to leather from the profile view. And contrast stitching looks sharp with a casual shoe.
post #40512 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven7seven View Post

What shade is best for someone's second pair (have back PAs) wearing in a biz professional setting (navy/charcoal suits)? Brown Burnished or Bourbon?

Brown burnished.

post #40513 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

Brown Burnished or Burgundy. Bourbon can look fantastic casually, but I don't particularly like it with more traditional suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post

Brown burnished.

Thanks guys. And am I making the correct decision on going for a more formal brown before going for a walnut strand? Really like the look of the walnut strand w/ grey suits, but thinking it may be too fashion forward for my 2nd staple pair of shoes.
post #40514 of 50997
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

Can't decide on my MacNeil Golden Brown CXL MTO specs so I want to take the "Ask the Audience" option.

1. Contrasting vs. tone-on-tone stitching?

     I intend to wear them casually, but I am thinking that the contrasting stitching could be an overkill. It looks OK in the Rush Street, but being a cap toe, it      has way less stitching than the longwing.

2. Red vs. black Dainite.

     I am leaning towards the red one, but opinions are welcome.


Tone on Tone stiching, and red danite sole is my vote. I agree with you when you say that contrast stitching would be nice on a cap toe, but might be a little bit too much on a wing tip.

post #40515 of 50997
Just received a 2nds Cognac Ridgeway.






The right sole has a rather uncomfortable bump in the front center. Could that be the defect?

Also the lining is only on the back?? Is this normal. I want to keep it but not sure if the bump will go away.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread