Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 4:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 5/20/15 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2678
Styleforum Top Picks
I ordered Dalton Boots Bourbon and Chili Shaker Heights....it was very hard not go Walnut Daltons also....LOL I am such a loser -
I know they do not get much love but I really dig my Navy Morgans sporting today- some day soon I would like to figure out how to get some of the black off and allow more of the Navy to shine through.
Do you have a pic of your Navy Morgans? I think the reason they're not getting much love around here is because..well..they look like crap in their 'wild' pics (at least the brown ones). Would love to see a pic that shows otherwise.
I love the burgundy/black combo and want a pair of Broadstreets in that makeup - had they offered burgundy in the $199 Neumok sale I would have jumped on it - of course a phone call to AE probably would have gotten it done but I am sticking to the not available story for my wallet
I really really wanted the MacNeils in burgundy when they were a webgem late last year, but had a cashflow problem with my wallet at the time, so I could never justify it. If anyone every wants to sell burgundy MacNeils in 8.5D, I'm interested.
Here we go,
Yesterday i took out of their box, my brand new Strand Brown Suede with Dainite Sole.
First they where a little bit tight but they loosen up all along the day, which was more comfortable.
I found the Dainite Sole very nice, give more or less the same aspect as a true leather sole but with the durability.
BTW, they are not a good choice to wear with suite and work better with chino or jeans.
Coming next, my McNeil Wallnut and my Kenwood Loafer...
I'm considering also picking up a pair of strandmok blue which they are in clearance section and look gorgous!
So far i love the Strand and found the McNeil a little bit more bulky.
What you guys think about the Franciscian ?
Posted a question on the MTO thread, but I think I should have posted it here since the question isn't really an MTO question but a sizing question.
I'm trying to get my wife a pair of Allen Edmonds boots, the Eagle County which is on the 2 last. She measures 6.5C on the brannock but unfortunately they don't have a that size in the 2-last. They do have a 6D though.
On a 2 lasted boot, would wearing a 6D vary that much with a 6.5C? The 2 last looks like it wears long on the toes so I don't think half a size smaller would create problems on the toe box. I'm thinking that this being a boot, the increase in width would not greatly impact or cause heel slippage. She will also primarily use this boot when we travel to cold countries so I assume she's wearing thick socks. I need someone with a clear head as I'm drunk with the idea to get my wife some AE shoes so she will realize how good they are and she may even stop looking over my shoulder whenever i make shoe purchases hehe (probably not).
I measure 8.5C on the brannock and have difficulty wearing the 8D in the 2 last. The 2 last is long but the taper of the toebox is sharp so my pinky hits leather. I think this is why people say the 2 last is narrow. The 8.5D in the 2 last is good from a length perspective but does have bit of volume for me. I think you can compensate with an insole and as you said thicker socks. Also important to note is that you need to measure arch length as well to make sure the widest part of the feet hits the right spot in the shoe. The toe length is not so critical because as you said the toebox is elongated. I don't have a 2 last but have tried the San Marco in the past.
While I can't say a Dainite replacement sole is more economical than just replacing rubber half-soles, it is extremely hard wearing and will last much longer than even JR soles. It might last you as long as a couple leather sole recrafts. I've since turned into a loyal customer and a shoe offering a Dainite sole is a huge plus for me.
I have the Dainite on a pair and love them also in fact I think I have a pair that is done similar to the V-tred but with Dainite. I think with the number of shoes in my rotation sole wear should not be too much of a concern however I find the non slip factor a huge plus.
Took two pictures and the flash makes them appear way ore Navy then they are so this is the unflashed version
I'm not sure. Originally I had wanted something more like that look, but now that I have them I love them. It depends how formal you want them, I'd think. Right now I feel like I could wear these with a very large range of clothes.
Brown shell Strands have landed. These are seconds; the SA said there was a crease on the right shoe, but nothing else she could see. The crease is definitely there, but it doesn't look bad at all in person.
I think these are definitely keepers. Will be returning the brown shell Jeffersons, which appeared flawless, just not quite my taste.
These are slicker than an oil spill.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those are great! Look fine to me. If I had to pick one shoe from the standard AE lineup as most impressive, this is it. The style and leather combination are just a knockout. Somehow, I still have not added it to my collection, though...
The rubber heel insert has just fallen off one of my Brooks Brothers AE Sheltons.
They are about 6 months old and worn about every 10 days or so. Less over the winter.
Is this normal wear and tear? Seems a bit drastic to me.
Bought them as seconds from the Jeffersonville store, but surely that shouldn't make a difference to their longevity.
I had a similar problem with some Bradley's and I just grabbed some super glue and popped the insert back in with no problems since.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › G&G Warwick, Pearl Grey calf 3 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 21 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 26 seconds ago
- › THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD 47 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 9 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 9 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan