Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IC: REDISCOVER AMERICA Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University,... Last post on 10/16/14 at 1:04pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2678
Styleforum Top Picks
I ordered Dalton Boots Bourbon and Chili Shaker Heights....it was very hard not go Walnut Daltons also....LOL I am such a loser -
I know they do not get much love but I really dig my Navy Morgans sporting today- some day soon I would like to figure out how to get some of the black off and allow more of the Navy to shine through.
Do you have a pic of your Navy Morgans? I think the reason they're not getting much love around here is because..well..they look like crap in their 'wild' pics (at least the brown ones). Would love to see a pic that shows otherwise.
I love the burgundy/black combo and want a pair of Broadstreets in that makeup - had they offered burgundy in the $199 Neumok sale I would have jumped on it - of course a phone call to AE probably would have gotten it done but I am sticking to the not available story for my wallet
I really really wanted the MacNeils in burgundy when they were a webgem late last year, but had a cashflow problem with my wallet at the time, so I could never justify it. If anyone every wants to sell burgundy MacNeils in 8.5D, I'm interested.
Here we go,
Yesterday i took out of their box, my brand new Strand Brown Suede with Dainite Sole.
First they where a little bit tight but they loosen up all along the day, which was more comfortable.
I found the Dainite Sole very nice, give more or less the same aspect as a true leather sole but with the durability.
BTW, they are not a good choice to wear with suite and work better with chino or jeans.
Coming next, my McNeil Wallnut and my Kenwood Loafer...
I'm considering also picking up a pair of strandmok blue which they are in clearance section and look gorgous!
So far i love the Strand and found the McNeil a little bit more bulky.
What you guys think about the Franciscian ?
Posted a question on the MTO thread, but I think I should have posted it here since the question isn't really an MTO question but a sizing question.
I'm trying to get my wife a pair of Allen Edmonds boots, the Eagle County which is on the 2 last. She measures 6.5C on the brannock but unfortunately they don't have a that size in the 2-last. They do have a 6D though.
On a 2 lasted boot, would wearing a 6D vary that much with a 6.5C? The 2 last looks like it wears long on the toes so I don't think half a size smaller would create problems on the toe box. I'm thinking that this being a boot, the increase in width would not greatly impact or cause heel slippage. She will also primarily use this boot when we travel to cold countries so I assume she's wearing thick socks. I need someone with a clear head as I'm drunk with the idea to get my wife some AE shoes so she will realize how good they are and she may even stop looking over my shoulder whenever i make shoe purchases hehe (probably not).
I measure 8.5C on the brannock and have difficulty wearing the 8D in the 2 last. The 2 last is long but the taper of the toebox is sharp so my pinky hits leather. I think this is why people say the 2 last is narrow. The 8.5D in the 2 last is good from a length perspective but does have bit of volume for me. I think you can compensate with an insole and as you said thicker socks. Also important to note is that you need to measure arch length as well to make sure the widest part of the feet hits the right spot in the shoe. The toe length is not so critical because as you said the toebox is elongated. I don't have a 2 last but have tried the San Marco in the past.
While I can't say a Dainite replacement sole is more economical than just replacing rubber half-soles, it is extremely hard wearing and will last much longer than even JR soles. It might last you as long as a couple leather sole recrafts. I've since turned into a loyal customer and a shoe offering a Dainite sole is a huge plus for me.
I have the Dainite on a pair and love them also in fact I think I have a pair that is done similar to the V-tred but with Dainite. I think with the number of shoes in my rotation sole wear should not be too much of a concern however I find the non slip factor a huge plus.
Took two pictures and the flash makes them appear way ore Navy then they are so this is the unflashed version
I'm not sure. Originally I had wanted something more like that look, but now that I have them I love them. It depends how formal you want them, I'd think. Right now I feel like I could wear these with a very large range of clothes.
Brown shell Strands have landed. These are seconds; the SA said there was a crease on the right shoe, but nothing else she could see. The crease is definitely there, but it doesn't look bad at all in person.
I think these are definitely keepers. Will be returning the brown shell Jeffersons, which appeared flawless, just not quite my taste.
These are slicker than an oil spill.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those are great! Look fine to me. If I had to pick one shoe from the standard AE lineup as most impressive, this is it. The style and leather combination are just a knockout. Somehow, I still have not added it to my collection, though...
The rubber heel insert has just fallen off one of my Brooks Brothers AE Sheltons.
They are about 6 months old and worn about every 10 days or so. Less over the winter.
Is this normal wear and tear? Seems a bit drastic to me.
Bought them as seconds from the Jeffersonville store, but surely that shouldn't make a difference to their longevity.
I had a similar problem with some Bradley's and I just grabbed some super glue and popped the insert back in with no problems since.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Classic Men's Coats Thread 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...