or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2663

post #39931 of 46919

Gentlemen,

 

Just a heads up that www.MTOShoes.com is now live. Please add your MTO pics, specs, etc (doesn't have to be just AE either). We'll continue to work on adding features to the site. 

post #39932 of 46919

Should I use shoe conditioner on my MCTAVISH natural leather(wax infused) shoes - I did wear them once and want to make sure they are treated properly. Really do not want them to darken any more so not sure what to do - Neutral polish? AE shoe conditioner? I just got my order of Neatsfoot oil, Obenaufs HDLP and Aussie Balm. Not sure if those are to harsh for the shoe or will darken it too much. I am not looking to make these weather proof like my long branches. Just want the leather to be taken care of right.

 

Is there another product to consider?

post #39933 of 46919
Quote:
Originally Posted by captstatic View Post


...and here they are. Now I just have to wait for warmer weather to come. :-)

u5ejuvuj.jpg

 

Very sharp!  How breathable is the mesh - is it leather-lined or can air get right through?

post #39934 of 46919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

This was my first pair purchased of AE off the bay Winhall in Chili .. this is another pair that photo's do not seem to do justice too...though this photo does a pretty good job smile.gif I have worn these several times and always receive compliments. Considering the Orleans, Winhall, Boca or Carlsbad in black for spring and summer



I love my Chili Winhalls


Chris
post #39935 of 46919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Should I use shoe conditioner on my MCTAVISH natural leather(wax infused) shoes - I did wear them once and want to make sure they are treated properly. Really do not want them to darken any more so not sure what to do - Neutral polish? AE shoe conditioner? I just got my order of Neatsfoot oil, Obenaufs HDLP and Aussie Balm. Not sure if those are to harsh for the shoe or will darken it too much. I am not looking to make these weather proof like my long branches. Just want the leather to be taken care of right.

Is there another product to consider?

I use AE Cleaner Conditioner and AE Leather Lotion on my natural McTavish and have no noticeable color change.


Chris
post #39936 of 46919

What's the consensus on AEs monk straps? In the market for a pair, probably used, but wasn't sure what the lowdown is. 

post #39937 of 46919
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Exactly right, and don't feel shy about asking.

One of the JVille ladies volunteered to have a pair of shell PA sent from storage to the store so she could personally inspect them and send me a photo.

I've always had only the best service when dealing with Jeffersonville.

Absolutely, I haven't gone through the process, but I would try to make sure they look into what I'm going to receive. That being said, i'd never expect something like that get overlooked. Or in this case, not looked at, at all.
post #39938 of 46919
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkohfm View Post

Just wanted to show you guys the brown jermyns which i wore to my cousin's wedding today. Was thinking of pairing my attire with either the bb brown strand or bourbon park avenue but decided to go with the jermyns since the theme was modern vintage and it was a later morning church reception. Have been getting compliments about this pair of jermyns and wonder why this is a closeout style. The brogue design and tassels make this pair really stylish.



If you told me AE was making a captoe tassel loafer last year I could have told you it was going very quickly to the clearance section without even seeing the shoe... when I first saw the Jermyns I judged the shoes to be an ugly mash-up of many different styles that don't belong anywhere near each other. However, that said you actually pull this off brilliantly and while I don't think I will be purchasing a pair anytime soon, it has changed my opinion of this style. Good work.
post #39939 of 46919
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post


I use AE Cleaner Conditioner and AE Leather Lotion on my natural McTavish and have no noticeable color change.


Chris

 

Thanks - I will use those two products on mine also then..

post #39940 of 46919

Also happy to note that I own a pair of Chromexcel shoes...Did not realize the Sebago's hand sewn in USA were of that leather until cleaning just for kicks I ran my finger under the tongue like that video posted a while back and the white line appeared. Checked Sebago website and low and behold they are Chromexcel, wow that leather can go from looking crappy to beautiful in just a few coats of AE leather cleaner/conditioner.

 

Going to have to consider an AE Chrome pair now.

 

I wonder if there is a way to order any leather color from Horween through AE for shoes - looking at all the diff. color combos on the Horween Sebago's has me drooling on putting those on some AE shoes.

post #39941 of 46919

All,

 

I have finally gotten the first post on the Allen Edmonds MTO Thread up to where I want it. I hope that this is a good resource for those considering MTOs.

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/

 

-Mike

post #39942 of 46919
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

All,

I have finally gotten the first post on the Allen Edmonds MTO Thread up to where I want it. I hope that this is a good resource for those considering MTOs.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/

-Mike

Great work, Mike, thanks for doing that!

Just want to add navy to calfskin colors, burgundy to the Indy leathers, smokey grey to distressed, and the suede options (black, olive, snuff, sand, white nubuck, dark navy, lighter navy, there may be others).
post #39943 of 46919
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Great work, Mike, thanks for doing that!

Just want to add navy to calfskin colors, burgundy to the Indy leathers, smokey grey to distressed, and the suede options (black, olive, snuff, sand, white nubuck, dark navy, lighter navy, there may be others).

Terrific, thanks. I will update. :-)
post #39944 of 46919
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedBird View Post

Wearing the Bradley's out today. I don't feel they get as much love as some of the other classic AE styles, but they are one of my favorite pairs to wear with jeans (other than the Long Branches).


3E698C93-EE8B-478F-84CC-37328FC3E8FB_zps1tjjofci.jpg



I wanted to show off my Bradleys in chili. These are about 15 years old, with two recraftings.
post #39945 of 46919
Looking to buy a new pair of 1sts perhaps as early as this week. Here's my dilemma, I don't know what to buy! At first I was considering something more casual likr Rush Street and perhaps the Fairmount in CXL since I don't have too many options for bad weather days. However I started to reconsider it.

Now I'm considering the following: Chocolate Daltons vs Burgundy Cambridges. Here's the rub, I already have cordovan Dalton's and I already have merlot McAllisters. In boots I also have Alden Indy's in Kudu with lug soles, plus AE Long Branches. In Oxfords I have Strands, Park, Aves, and McAllisters is various colors.

My only cordovan shoes are my burgundy Daltons and brown Patriots. I don't wear suits to work; wool slacks and button down shirts, no ties.

Any recommendations?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread