Aberdeen are 2-Last.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 9:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/1/15 at 7:30am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 6/27/15 at 11:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2645
Styleforum Top Picks
Wondering if anyone has experienced this before. I have a pair of Benton's (firsts) with the "VIP rubber sole" that I haven't had many opportunities to use. Have a lot of brown shoes I use more frequently. I'd say i've used them about a dozen times over the year I've had them.
Finally had a need for them and decided to pull them out for a good polish before taking them out. I was surprised to find that the sole has started coming apart. Its more prominent in one shoe than the other but its definitely splitting. Its the only pair of rubber soled AEs that I own but I was disappointed to see them falling apart, especially with such little use.
Separating sole (Click to show)
I used a toothpick to slip the faintest layer of this stuff in between, clamped it together to let it dry properly, and let it set for 24 hours. Works like a charm.
Allison just called me and said that my promontory point MTO was actually completed, just without the lining and is sending over pictures for me to take a look. If I like them, I'll just keep those and skip on the Eagle Country.
FWIW, I thought navy calf with an unline grey suede shaft would have been pretty awesome..we shall see what the boot looks like.
MTO Eagle County has come in, and it's absolutely everything I dreamed of.
2002 CHILI CALF
BROWN UPPER STITCH SEEN ON 1628
BLACK FLAT WELT
TOASTED EDGE DRESSING
INDEPENDENCE LINING LEATHER
Needed a versatile boot that I could wear with literally anything from jeans to a suit. I think I hit the nail on the head with these.
Color looks deeper and more brown in person, as is common with chili. Do you guys think the creasing is fine? I'm talking specifically about the second picture.
Also, how is the welting done on these dainite soles? Might the lack of visible stitching make these more durable?
For those of you who have been wondering about sizing on the 2-last, I'm normally a 13C on the 5-65, and these fit me very nicely in 13D.
would you people STOP with these eagle county MTO photos... making me so jealous I want to pull the little hair I have left right out of my head. Every one of these MTOs just gets better and better.
The Long Branches are continuing to get a lot of wear!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm wearing mine today as well. They hold up so well in this lovely NE winter.
When you come back out from under that rock, Kahuna75, roll up your pants once or twice! Couple things, though:
1) Only do this if your pants/jeans have the length to pull this off; if they're not, you'll be looking like you have 'capri pants' on, and;
2) I'm much less inclined to roll up in shoes than I am in boots. Today I'm rolled up, but the pants (not jeans) are long enough and sweet enough for me to rock rolled or down:
The boots are not AE today; sorry (sacrilege, I know)... Was gonna rock my Olive Neumoks with these pants, but the crepe soled Thomas Dean suede chukkas won out! It's merely a twist on what are limited options for men in wearing an item of clothing in a different way. Oh...and no throat punching today, either, young man!!!
please tell me you don't have a grey shirt on... PLEASE!
After some brushing this morning the Dundees are out for their maiden voyage. The color is so much better with the AE polish removed, much more character in contrast to the smooth solid color AE tried to achieve by covering them up so heavily. I still have a ways to go but they are looking amazing so far.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD. 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Willing to Buy: Penfield Gibson Rain Jacket Olive Extra Small 16 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 18 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 19 minutes ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 21 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...