The new burgundy is quite a bit browner. The current merlot is redder, with almost a purplish hue. Like the old burgundy.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 8/20/14 at 9:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2633
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Sorry but that is not the case. I love AE and own multiple pairs but Viberg is a completely different level of quality and finish
You can darken the lighter colored shoe on the westchester with some dark brown polish. Wax only. Don't use the cream.
Or, you can set the darker shoe in the sun. The sun will lighten it. However, I've heard this takes days. Like 7 days. Check them nightly to make sure you dont overdo it.
As for the dryness, I recommend some venetian shoe cream. I've found this returns some of the moisture to dried shell. Others have reported using cordovan creme from AE and Saphir renovatuer, I think. I like VSC and have experience with it.
I've found that you can fill in those scratches, which all shoes get, with some wax polish. Just in the area of the scratch. Then some polish. Others have used a deer bone. I have no experience with that, though.
Thanks for that!
I just got a pair of Burgundy McAllisters, and have a pair of Merlot MacNeils en route. Hearing about the more-purple-ish hue is music to my ears!
I am tempted as well, I have been thinking CXL also, but not sure if I will bite.
Or the brown burnished like the PA?
Edited by tifosi - 2/24/14 at 5:44am
CXL huh? What color? I was just looking at the AE calf offerings last night and I'm not really sure what I'd pick. Unfortunately the burgundy that was previously done is amazing, but I already have burgundy straight tip boots. Maybe chocolate like in the Dalton?
Or the brown burnished like the PA?
Allison told me the other day that they have some navy calf available
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 7 minutes ago
- › Brand New With BOX Salvatore Ferragamo size 41 EU, 7,5 UK Loafers 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › New Gaziano & Girling for Ralph Lauren Grassmoor Loafer Size 10 /... 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)