or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2632

post #39466 of 46485
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjyoung View Post
 

It's official:

 

-2003 MERLOT BURNISHED CALF

-TONE ON TONE UPPER STITCH

-INDEPENDENCE LEATHER LINING AND INSOLE

-BLACK FLAT WELT

-DOUBLE BUTYL OUTSOLE

-DARK BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING

-BLACK EYELETS AND SPEEDHOOKS (3)

 

Anyone know what 2003 merlot is? Also, anyone know the difference between merlot and burgundy is?

 

Here were the specs.

post #39467 of 46485
Did that question get answered? I'm also curious as to the difference between Burgundy Calf and Merlot Burnished Calf. Is it like Walnut and Bourbon?
post #39468 of 46485
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMay View Post

Did that question get answered? I'm also curious as to the difference between Burgundy Calf and Merlot Burnished Calf. Is it like Walnut and Bourbon?

They look pretty much the same to me. Google "allen edmonds merlot vs burgundy" and you will get a few pics. But my understanding is that they no longer sell Burgandy calf typically in favor of Merlot.

-Mike
post #39469 of 46485
I didn't think they were exactly alike, but agree that they're fairly similar. I realize it's not a real-life representation, but I've tried comparing them on the custom shoe creator on the AE site, and Merlot seems slightly darker and less shiny.
post #39470 of 46485
Are the MTO Eagle County still available to order? If so, how would one go about ordering? The one in chili is a showstopper. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #39471 of 46485
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmt View Post

Are the MTO Eagle County still available to order? If so, how would one go about ordering? The one in chili is a showstopper. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

They are available for MTO, they would be regular price ($395) as I just checked with Allison last week.  Lucky those who got them MTO at the discounted price.

post #39472 of 46485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjyoung View Post
 

It's official:

 

-2003 MERLOT BURNISHED CALF

-TONE ON TONE UPPER STITCH

-INDEPENDENCE LEATHER LINING AND INSOLE

-BLACK FLAT WELT

-DOUBLE BUTYL OUTSOLE

-DARK BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING

-BLACK EYELETS AND SPEEDHOOKS (3)

 

Anyone know what 2003 merlot is? Also, anyone know the difference between merlot and burgundy is?

 

Here were the specs.

 

Thanks for finding this mdubs. And thanks for the compliments, all. I'm loving these. Can't wait to put them into rotation this week.

post #39473 of 46485
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
Both pairs look good, IMO. Are they shell? Diff. advice for shell vs. calf.

 

Yes, both are shell. What advice are you offering?

post #39474 of 46485
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post
 

MTO Eagle County has come in, and it's absolutely everything I dreamed of.

 

2002 CHILI CALF

BROWN UPPER STITCH SEEN ON 1628

BRASS EYELETS

BLACK FLAT WELT

TOASTED EDGE DRESSING

INDEPENDENCE LINING LEATHER

DAINITE OUTSOLE

LEATHER MIDSOLE

 

Needed a versatile boot that I could wear with literally anything from jeans to a suit. I think I hit the nail on the head with these.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Color looks deeper and more brown in person, as is common with chili. Do you guys think the creasing is fine? I'm talking specifically about the second picture.

 

Also, how is the welting done on these dainite soles? Might the lack of visible stitching make these more durable?

 

 

For those of you who have been wondering about sizing on the 2-last, I'm normally a 13C on the 5-65, and these fit me very nicely in 13D. 

Absolutely amazing. Still waiting on mine, even though I was the first to order at the discounted price. They did not pass inspection the first time. BTW, Allison informed last week that she can no longer do MTO for discount pricing. To all that got the deal, enjoy the special price. I can't wait to get mine that were remade, they went for inspection last week. Great make up on the Chili Eagle County. 

post #39475 of 46485
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjyoung View Post
 

Also received my MTO Eagle County's yesterday, and I too am very pleased:

 

 

 

 

Absolutely superb!

post #39476 of 46485
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjyoung View Post

Also received my MTO Eagle County's yesterday, and I too am very pleased: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










I keep coming back to these pics. I think I like these.... smile.gif
post #39477 of 46485
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I keep coming back to these pics. I think I like these.... smile.gif

You just need them in burgundy shell...
post #39478 of 46485
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

You just need them in burgundy shell...
Nah. I have Alden #8 straight tips. I need brown.
post #39479 of 46485
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I keep coming back to these pics. I think I like these.... smile.gif

I've loved how all of these Eagle County's have turned out. I still can't believe people got these at the clearance price, they are all wonderful looking boots, quite versatile too. At $395 with the waived MTO i'd even call that a great deal. Just looking at the regular Eagle County, you would never know such nice boots could produced out of them. It's partly AE's crappy photos, and and the choices people have made when ordering them.
post #39480 of 46485
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Nah. I have Alden #8 straight tips. I need brown.

Brown shell it is! I think they would look great in suede as well
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread