I live about 10 miles south of Charlotte in Rock Hill, SC. You will love it here. There is a great AE store in Charlotte that will help you continue your addiction.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 3/28/15 at 11:14am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2631
Styleforum Top Picks
Also received some shell today from the 2nd's sale: burgundy Westchester and burgundy Cambridge. I know the Cambridge is a fan-favorite around here, but I personally think it looks a little...blobby...as another member described the 5-last earlier this week. Also, not sure what to think of the Westchester's. Keep or return?
Looks like the shoes are different colors...can this be fixed?
Some dryness? Can this be fixed?
Some marks...not too worried about these as they would happen after the first few wears.
Both pairs look good, IMO. Are they shell? Diff. advice for shell vs. calf.
MTO Eagle County has come in, and it's absolutely everything I dreamed of.
2002 CHILI CALF
BROWN UPPER STITCH SEEN ON 1628
BLACK FLAT WELT
TOASTED EDGE DRESSING
INDEPENDENCE LINING LEATHER
Needed a versatile boot that I could wear with literally anything from jeans to a suit. I think I hit the nail on the head with these.
Color looks deeper and more brown in person, as is common with chili. Do you guys think the creasing is fine? I'm talking specifically about the second picture.
Also, how is the welting done on these dainite soles? Might the lack of visible stitching make these more durable?
For those of you who have been wondering about sizing on the 2-last, I'm normally a 13C on the 5-65, and these fit me very nicely in 13D.
Gosh. Nice MTO choices guys. I am looking at a MTO eagle county in dark brown calf uppers or cxl, natural color welt, indepedence lining, and dainite sole. How much is a MTO?
So...Thoughts on the Positano??? Ordered a pair.
Wanted something sleeker than the Patriot or Randolph, without tassel. My question is, is this shoe recraftable? No mention on the site of that option; Italian made... Italian recrafted? Can I get some 'Bologna vs Goodyear construction' debate started this morning? I've yet to wear a sole out on a shoe. Any shoe.
I THINK (not 100% sure about this) that these Italian shoes are recraftable. However, in the past they would resole them using the same soles and technique as when they were new - Bologna. Now they put on some other type of sole when they do it that makes it look more like a welted loafer.
-2003 MERLOT BURNISHED CALF
-TONE ON TONE UPPER STITCH
-INDEPENDENCE LEATHER LINING AND INSOLE
-BLACK FLAT WELT
-DOUBLE BUTYL OUTSOLE
-DARK BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING
-BLACK EYELETS AND SPEEDHOOKS (3)
Anyone know what 2003 merlot is? Also, anyone know the difference between merlot and burgundy is?
Here were the specs.
They look pretty much the same to me. Google "allen edmonds merlot vs burgundy" and you will get a few pics. But my understanding is that they no longer sell Burgandy calf typically in favor of Merlot.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › World Wide Artisan Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 19 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 21 minutes ago
- › Management Consulting Discussion 22 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...