or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2574

post #38596 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Leeds and Rapid City? Are they the same shoe with different leathers or no?

 

Yeah Ryden, I have the Rapid City's; I think the leather and the eyelets are the only difference...

post #38597 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

Yeah Ryden, I have the Rapid City's; I think the leather and the eyelets are the only difference...

So if I were doing an MTO and selecting the leather and eyelets they would be the same?
post #38598 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

I just got some pics from the AE outlet. The Black Shell PA that I ordered have a small crease on the captoe and the shell is pitted all over the cap. I'm not sure if I want them or not. Could I fill in the pits with some wax polish? I'm leaning toward not getting them and instead ordering a MTO Black shell Harrison. I wear black shoes about twice a month.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wurger seems to think differently, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to fill the holes in with was.
post #38599 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


So if I were doing an MTO and selecting the leather and eyelets they would be the same?

 

Yeah, I just took a look, the only other thing is piping. Leeds have piping, Rapid City's don't. So I guess if one's on sale you can get a discount on the MTO

post #38600 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

Yeah, I just took a look, the only other thing is piping. Leeds have piping, Rapid City's don't. So I guess if one's on sale you can get a discount on the MTO

Yes on the MTO I am doing the rapid city is like $75 less but it seems like they are identical so I guess I should call it rapid city for this MTO
post #38601 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Yes on the MTO I am doing the rapid city is like $75 less but it seems like they are identical so I guess I should call it rapid city for this MTO

Yeah, I thought about that only after I confirmed my order with Allison. I think you should be good, if there are any other differences I don't see them...

post #38602 of 48171
Anyone have a pic of a shoe with a brown welt and toasted edges?
post #38603 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post
 

Yeah, I thought about that only after I confirmed my order with Allison. I think you should be good, if there are any other differences I don't see them...

 

Leeds has a double leather sole, while the Rapid City has the V-tread Tap sole. 

post #38604 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post
 

 

Leeds has a double leather sole, while the Rapid City has the V-tread Tap sole. 

MWS, you always come through!

post #38605 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post
 

MWS, you always come through!

 

:cheers:

post #38606 of 48171

I got my factory seconds brown jeffersons and walnut rutledge today. I think I'm okay with the brown jeffersons (didn't see too much off) and I'm thinking of returning the walnut rutledges. Thoughts? Sorry for the terrible pics!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #38607 of 48171

Question about the double oak soles with cork in the footbed. How much do they compress and conform to the foot and how much does it add to the inside volume of the shoe once it is compressed? The leeds that I just got in the sale are very good fitting, but a little snug. The next size up would be too loose and am hoping the shoes fits perfectly once the sole compresses. 

 

Also what is the general consensus on the 1 last compared to the sizing on the bronnock device?

 

Appreciate a response. 

post #38608 of 48171

Does suede run bigger, smaller or the same compared to calf in the same style and last?  

post #38609 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogili222 View Post
 

Question about the double oak soles with cork in the footbed. How much do they compress and conform to the foot and how much does it add to the inside volume of the shoe once it is compressed? The leeds that I just got in the sale are very good fitting, but a little snug. The next size up would be too loose and am hoping the shoes fits perfectly once the sole compresses. 

 

Also what is the general consensus on the 1 last compared to the sizing on the bronnock device?

 

Appreciate a response. 

 

The cork underneath the insole is approximately 5 millimeters deep.  How that impacts the inside volume of the shoe really depends upon your individual foot, and nobody should really presume to tell you exactly what will happen.  People carry themselves differently.  Your pressure points will vary from someone else's.  Your gait will be different.  Generally, it is safe to assume that the shoe will loosen up.  Where and how much is variable. 

post #38610 of 48171

hey all,

 

today I received my factory second, fifth avenue walnut,

 

as seen, there is a lining on the top captoe part, is this something expected from *factory second* shoes?

 

in person, the lining is much more visible and I just can't stand it... 

 

is this considered defect? 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread