or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2545

post #38161 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckfro View Post
 

These sound killer!  However, I would call back and change to one or two speed hooks.  The boot isn't quite tall enough for three, IMO.

Good point. I just said three because I was looking at the 1000 mile boot. They look pretty similar in height although I haven't seen them compared directly. 

post #38162 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by afewnicethings View Post
 

Just got off of the phone with Allison. Placed my order with the following options:

 

Promontory Point

Natural Chromexcel leather

Brass eyelets with the top three speed hooks

Tone on tone stitching

Double leather sole toasted edge

Brown regular welt

Blue calf lining (for fun)

 

The best part about it all is price. It's going to be a difficult 10 week wait. 

Should be cool. I would probably opt for natural welt and tan stitching but either will look great

post #38163 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonsmithr8 View Post


I'd call or email them now since it's going on now

 

Incredibly helpful post.

post #38164 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post



Thank you for the words of wisdom, guys. An initial wipe down got a LOT of the polish off; VSC, then damp cloth wipe down got even more. Brush, brush, brush... A good start!



Mcallister is shinier, but the Cambridge just looks better...

 

 

Did you feel silly buying practically the same shoe that you already had? I own merlot mcallisters and just fined it to be a waste buying merlot shell cambridges. You didn't feel the same way?

post #38165 of 48171

So I just found out that my order got delayed by the weather in the midwest and they said it'll be the end of next week before I'll get it.  Son of a *****.

post #38166 of 48171

I know it is a little early, but does anyone have any more details about the upcoming 2 for $250 sale? I believe it starts Feb 27. Will all of the shoes marked 'closeout', including the independence collection, be a part of the sale? Thanks in advance! Looking forward to adding to the collection...

post #38167 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by afewnicethings View Post
 

Just got off of the phone with Allison. Placed my order with the following options:

 

Promontory Point

Natural Chromexcel leather

Brass eyelets with the top three speed hooks

Tone on tone stitching

Double leather sole toasted edge

Brown regular welt

Blue calf lining (for fun)

 

The best part about it all is price. It's going to be a difficult 10 week wait. 

 

I put my order in for something similar a few weeks back. Golden Brown CXL with the blue lining. Was tempted by the natural as well. Looking forward to seeing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suaviter View Post
 

 

Incredibly helpful post.

 

To be fair, there is a search function that you could use to find out since it's been posted multiple times. The details can be found here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/37740#post_6901768

 

Edited: misquoted

post #38168 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

They look really nice. On my screen the bourbon appears to have olive undertones in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Those look killer but we're going to need more piccies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post

Yeah, Michael... That's very, very, sick; that bourbon is smashing in that make up. Excellent composition, sir. Don't be mad if you see them over and over again on the thread in just that make up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post

I am thoroughly impressed! Looks like you put a ton of thought into this and it turned out well!. I love the contrast of the lighter color between the upper and the sole edge! Most impressive MTO I have yet to see. Not saying it's the most beautiful shoe, some of those shell make-ups are hard to beat there, but all of the different elements of this shoe just blend and pop in all the right places. AE should get a professional quality picture of these bad boys and make them the poster child for their MTO program!

Thanks and this pair has more olive undertones then my other bourbon does
post #38169 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

I got charged $27 on my pair of Leeds that arrived yesterday. All in with shipping, the FedEx fees and the brutal exchange they cost me $425 CAD. Still much less compared to retail on a near flawless pair of cordovan shoes. 

 

Hit them with some reno and Mac method before putting them on this morning. Only a bit of color came off with the reno so I think past today I will just stick with the Mac method as it looks like these aren't as caked with product as some other peoples cordovan shoes have come.

 

Those Leeds look great, congrats! And I agree just use the Mac method and over time they will just keep getting better.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post



My new MacNeil

Great job Michael, they turned out fantastic! And I agree, need some more pictures of those bad boys!

post #38170 of 48171

Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post

Thank you for the words of wisdom, guys. An initial wipe down got a LOT of the polish off; VSC, then damp cloth wipe down got even more. Brush, brush, brush... A good start!


Mcallister is shinier, but the Cambridge just looks better...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post
 

 

 

Did you feel silly buying practically the same shoe that you already had? I own merlot mcallisters and just fined it to be a waste buying merlot shell cambridges. You didn't feel the same way?

No way, ScottyBoy920 - feeling silly is for kids and comics! Actually, if the Mcallister wasn't new...I would've gone with another shell purchase if one was available that I wanted.  Now, I just have a choice, and that feels like the opposite of silly!!! One thing I rarely do is buy, receive and then run outside in my new shoes.  This winter is wreaking havoc on leather soles and uppers across the nation, so I - like many others here - am just waiting for my chance to debut certain acquisitions. I showed the Mcallister just to allow for a comparison that I saw requested earlier in the thread (how Merlot compared to Burgundy)... They look the same, color wise, to me. With the Cambridge being only a few $$$ more than the Mcallister, its a no-brainer.

post #38171 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

To be fair, there is a search function that you could use to find out since it's been posted multiple times. The details can be found here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/37740#post_6901768

 

Edited: misquoted

 

I saw that, and have searched - still doesn't really answer my question, specifically regarding the independence line closeouts that I see (listed for $229, same as other independence shoes). Would be a steal if they were included in the 2 for $250, was wondering if anyone knew either way whether they would be.

post #38172 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrik13 View Post
 

 

I saw that, and have searched - still doesn't really answer my question, specifically regarding the independence line closeouts that I see (listed for $229, same as other independence shoes). Would be a steal if they were included in the 2 for $250, was wondering if anyone knew either way whether they would be.

Hmm, I didn't see your question, but that is of interest to me as well. I can only justify buying shoes at the 2 for $250 at this point.  

post #38173 of 48171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

But it got me thinking that I needed some new cloths just for buffing and I should just get one per color (dark, walnut, black), but then it hit me that I could just use my shoe bags for buffing. Any reason not to do that? Soft flannel material right?

I wouldn't do that. I'd be worried about the burgundy color of the bags transferring to the shoes. Plus, what if you want to use the shoe bags in the future? IMO, best and cheapest polishing cloth is an old 100% cotton t-shirt.
post #38174 of 48171

Was giving my new Leeds the Mac Method after wearing today and noticed some rough spots in the creases after brushing. It looks like the finish is coming off and is rough to the touch. It actually seems to get worse the more I brush. I am using the AE horsehair brush.

 

Has anyone experienced this, I own a pair RL cordovan and now these and both have done this after brushing. both are very new so I am new to the cordovan shoes and just want to make sure it's normal.

 

post #38175 of 48171
^ You in Toronto?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread