or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2528

post #37906 of 50905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post
 

I think for the Shreveport WICaniac is pretty close with his statement.

 

As to the other woven shoes I have the Strawfuts and love them. Although I do see them better suited from SC and further South and that is what I purchased them for. Strawfuts > Mn. > month of May = not so much

 

In the heat of summer (which is for a couple of weeks) they do get worn and I really like them a lot.

 

I agree--there's a difference between woven leather and linen.  I have a J&M variant of the Strawfut (in walnut and natural linen) that I wear everywhere in the summer, usually whilst affecting a Charlestonian style (replete with Social Primer bow ties).  

 

PSA for those who like this look: Ben Silver's two-week online sale begins today, and includes a fair selection of Aldens.

post #37907 of 50905
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

Does any know know what last the RL Saunders are on?  How is the sizing compared to the 5 last? 3 last?
I have a pair I absolutely love. I was told when I emailed to ask, that they are close to the 2 last. They seem a bit narrower across the front of the foot than my Strands. I can't imaging a sharper looking boot - other than if it were shell.
post #37908 of 50905
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post
 

Does any know know what last the RL Saunders are on?  How is the sizing compared to the 5 last? 3 last?

They are on the skinny-as-hell 222 last.  I wear an 11E in a 5 and ordered Saunders in the same size.  I couldn't believe how tight they were, so I traced the outline of my foot then set the corresponding Saunders atop the the tracing.  At the ball, my foot was wider than the shoe by nearly an inch on either side.

post #37909 of 50905
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

Thanks.  I haven't done anything with them yet.

 

I definitely lucked out with this pair.  I had called Vincenzo about seconds.  He also had firsts and told me the seconds were too messed up - and then sold me the firsts at the seconds price.  :slayer:

 :fonz: Sweet... This 'Vincenzo' of whom you speak is making a name for himself here - he's gonna start getting SF member requested @ Port Washington (ala Allison @ jville)!

 

I've been treading lightly in mine until HDLP arrives...Enjoy! 

post #37910 of 50905

That Vincenzo is a great guy.

 

By coincidence, he sold me the shoes I'm wearing today.  For $99.  Firsts.

 

post #37911 of 50905
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICaniac View Post
 

They are on the skinny-as-hell 222 last.  I wear an 11E in a 5 and ordered Saunders in the same size.  I couldn't believe how tight they were, so I traced the outline of my foot then set the corresponding Saunders atop the the tracing.  At the ball, my foot was wider than the shoe by nearly an inch on either side.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCer View Post


I have a pair I absolutely love. I was told when I emailed to ask, that they are close to the 2 last. They seem a bit narrower across the front of the foot than my Strands. I can't imaging a sharper looking boot - other than if it were shell.

 

Thanks for the quick response.  I wear 9.5D on the 5 last and 9.5B in the 3 last. I'm going to gamble on the Sauders in 9.5D and see what happens.

post #37912 of 50905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post
 

Called at 9:15am, got confirmation email/charge at 9:45 after SA checked on look of shoe(s) available.

what??????

post #37913 of 50905

I just called and they said they're just sitting on the pile waiting to be processed lol....and I put my order in Friday.

post #37914 of 50905
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaperedGent View Post
 

I just called and they said they're just sitting on the pile waiting to be processed lol....and I put my order in Friday.

 

I paid Friday, Phil from the Shoe Bank processed my payment and sent me an email receipt within 10 min. I am hoping for a shipping confirmation and tracking today. 

post #37915 of 50905

Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post
 

Called at 9:15am, got confirmation email/charge at 9:45 after SA checked on look of shoe(s) available.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaperedGent View Post
 

what??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaperedGent View Post
 

I just called and they said they're just sitting on the pile waiting to be processed lol....and I put my order in Friday.

I think I just got lucky. It's NEVER been so quick for my $$$ to leave the coffers with Shoebank; typically (as you can attest to), it's several days or more before I even get confirmation that the shoes are available.  Mind you, I called four times with no answer before 9:15, so I clearly slipped through some crack in the process!!! :smarmy: 

I was told that there were a slew of orders 'on hold' for people (for those of you who've gotten warm and fuzzy with your personal SA's), so confirmation of the availability of many shoes could not be made until those orders were processed, based on when they were taken.  I guess nobody wanted the shoes I did. Thank you, 'off-center' style of mine!

post #37916 of 50905
Own about 12 pairs of AE currently, been at this a few years, but to date - no monks. Just rectified that; called Phil at the Shoebank and ordered myself a pr of Mora 2.0 in burnished brown, $245 after discount (2nd's). J
post #37917 of 50905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post
 

I think I just got lucky. It's NEVER been so quick for my $$$ to leave the coffers with Shoebank; typically (as you can attest to), it's several days or more before I even get confirmation that the shoes are available.  Mind you, I called four times with no answer before 9:15, so I clearly slipped through some crack in the process!!! :smarmy: 

I was told that there were a slew of orders 'on hold' for people (for those of you who've gotten warm and fuzzy with your personal SA's), so confirmation of the availability of many shoes could not be made until those orders were processed, based on when they were taken.  I guess nobody wanted the shoes I did. Thank you, 'off-center' style of mine!

 

 

Geesh all I got were two pair of Neumoks.  She checked that they were available and set them to the side while I was on the phone and took all my billing info.  

post #37918 of 50905
Hmm I called on Friday I think, gave info (gave info again on Saturday, she didn't get all the numbers) and the shoes should arrive tomorrow
post #37919 of 50905
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

That Vincenzo is a great guy.

 

By coincidence, he sold me the shoes I'm wearing today.  For $99.  Firsts.

 

 

Great deal!  Navy Morgans, right?  Gave serious thought to those.

post #37920 of 50905
Has anyone noticed that it appears the standard price of the popular styles has been raised to $365 on the website? :/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread