or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2450

post #36736 of 47294
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Apologies for this pop-in-pop-out sizing question, but looking at a pair of 11.5D Shell Daltons. I wear a 12D in Leydon, Plaza, Tremont from Alden, and 11.5D w/ room in Barrie, Trubalance. Also have a 12D on Inca in Carmina. Will the 11.5D Dalton fit, even decently, or should I be looking elsewhere? Only other experience is w/ a 12D "Chester" shortwing-bal through AE which fits rather large (particularly a bit wide, but comfortable) on my foot, but I realize I don't know the AE lasts well enough to make a call solely on that.

Any input is appreciated, and again, apologies for the quick question.

Argentino,

I went with 1/2 size up from my Barrie size. I have a little room in my Barrie last, too.

post #36737 of 47294
Last year I bought some BB MacNeil seconds from the Jeffersonville store, and have had a bit of a problem with the heel on one shoe.
Today I brought them to a well know shoe repair shop in London to ask if the heel could be looked at, but to my surprise, the man behind the counter refused to do so, once I had mentioned that the shoes were Allen Edmonds seconds.
"They're rejects. I can't do anything with them. Nobody can help you", was his opinion.

Bit of a shock really.
Anyone else ever encounter an attitude like that with seconds?
post #36738 of 47294
What are your thoughts on these creases? normal? unnamed.jpg 68k .jpg file
post #36739 of 47294
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post
 

Sorry for the bad iPhone pic, and yes I'm sitting down hence the high waters. I've had my Strands for almost a year now and I'm still amazed how little they have creased. Are creased a big deal to me? Not at all but it's still nice to see them hold up extremely well with regular use.

 

 

My walnut Strands are my least creased shoe as well. You can barely tell they are there.

 

Most creased for me are my black Vernons. I got them from Amazon and forgot to condition them or break them in before wearing them all day :brick:

post #36740 of 47294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odradek View Post

Last year I bought some BB MacNeil seconds from the Jeffersonville store, and have had a bit of a problem with the heel on one shoe.
Today I brought them to a well know shoe repair shop in London to ask if the heel could be looked at, but to my surprise, the man behind the counter refused to do so, once I had mentioned that the shoes were Allen Edmonds seconds.
"They're rejects. I can't do anything with them. Nobody can help you", was his opinion.

Bit of a shock really.
Anyone else ever encounter an attitude like that with seconds?


 He probably did you a favor - the fact that it's a second shouldn't matter at all - if he doesn't need the business that bad, he certainly wouldn't treat your shoes with love.

post #36741 of 47294
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post


 He probably did you a favor - the fact that it's a second shouldn't matter at all - if he doesn't need the business that bad, he certainly wouldn't treat your shoes with love.
Maybe the thought that seconds = stolen or something...haha
post #36742 of 47294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odradek View Post

Last year I bought some BB MacNeil seconds from the Jeffersonville store, and have had a bit of a problem with the heel on one shoe.
Today I brought them to a well know shoe repair shop in London to ask if the heel could be looked at, but to my surprise, the man behind the counter refused to do so, once I had mentioned that the shoes were Allen Edmonds seconds.
"They're rejects. I can't do anything with them. Nobody can help you", was his opinion.

Bit of a shock really.
Anyone else ever encounter an attitude like that with seconds?

Sounds like a load of bollucks to me...
post #36743 of 47294
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post
 

 

My walnut Strands are my least creased shoe as well. You can barely tell they are there.

 

Most creased for me are my black Vernons. I got them from Amazon and forgot to condition them or break them in before wearing them all day :brick:

what do you mean by conditioning? My second pair of allen edmonds are set to arrive tomorrow, and I was wondering if there is anything I need to apply to them in order to get them broken in or "conditioned" correctly. When you say "condition" are you referring to conditioning lotion or cream of some sort? Or just referring to breaking them in?

post #36744 of 47294

I read that Saphir Reno should be used if a shoe has gone unworn for a "while." What period of time constitutes a while for shoes that have been stored in shoe bags and box? The shoes I'm inquiring about have been stored away for 2-3 months.

post #36745 of 47294
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Apologies for this pop-in-pop-out sizing question, but looking at a pair of 11.5D Shell Daltons. I wear a 12D in Leydon, Plaza, Tremont from Alden, and 11.5D w/ room in Barrie, Trubalance. Also have a 12D on Inca in Carmina. Will the 11.5D Dalton fit, even decently, or should I be looking elsewhere? Only other experience is w/ a 12D "Chester" shortwing-bal through AE which fits rather large (particularly a bit wide, but comfortable) on my foot, but I realize I don't know the AE lasts well enough to make a call solely on that.

Any input is appreciated, and again, apologies for the quick question.

I wear 8C in Barrie and Trubalance, 8.5D in Leydon and 8.5C in Aberdeen.  My Brannock measurement is 8.5C.  8C Barrie fits really well and the 8.5 Aberdeen and Leydon are looser.  I wear 8.5 C in the AE 1 last (Leeds, Lexington).  The width of the 8D 1 last is good for me.  But the top of my left small toes hit the leather so it I have an issue with the length.  

 

Since you have room with Barrie, which is the reverse for me, the 11.5D Dalton may work for you.

 

Good luck.   

post #36746 of 47294
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
 

Anyone with cappuccino shell, or any recent shell for that matter, having problems with what I would call dry creases?  It's nothing massive, but in the creases formed from walking I notice a slight dry look in that crease.  I'm following the Mac Method and am nearing the point where I am going to apply some reno....should that fix it?  Or is this a deer bone solution?

I did notice that my recent AE cappuccino shell is drier (as compared to my Alden 990).  But the creases don't look bad.  The leather just doesn't have a bright shine yet.  I think part of it is that there is a lot of product that I'm trying to remove via the Mac Method (wet cloth, brush).  When I start seeing less residue, I will start conditioning and hopefully that will give it luster.  I am being patient doing the Mac Method vs. stripping with Renomat.  I also plan to use Renovateur to condition.  Have to be careful though.  I've seen somebody saturate his shoes with Reno and had adverse effects.

post #36747 of 47294

Is there an outlet MLK sale?  

post #36748 of 47294
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

Burgundy shell Park Avenues today. These are growing on me quite a bit.

 

 

Sweet with a capital S.  Great lighting in that shot too!

post #36749 of 47294
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

Burgundy shell Daltons today w/dress slacks (indoor flash shot):

 

DFSfw8x.jpg

 

Those things look awesome. 

post #36750 of 47294
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdoctor View Post
 

Try cuffing them on the inside - a backwards cuff

 

This - especially if they're not selvage.

 

(signed, a denim snob ;-) )

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread