or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2434

post #36496 of 50937

I actually requested my first stock list on seconds last week, there were one pair available for most of the models in my size. But very few models had more than one pair available in the color I asked for in seconds. So lets consider that there are 90+ size variations considering lengths and widths. Then consider colors too and all the models. This certainly explains your perception of their being tons of seconds. And to this should be demonstrative of how high AE's quality controls are. 

post #36497 of 50937

Hey! Two (of three ordered) down, one to go...

Merlot Mcallisters were finally delivered (excuse cell pics).  They came pre-tied (thanks!)....

...and pre-creased (thanks not so much). At least one did; making the brougeing stand up a bit, too:

The right one must be older... It's grown a little taller than the left one. 

Should the pronounced difference in creases (the other shoe has none) be a concern? Also, the (taller) right one is making it's presence felt on the bottom of my right inside ankle bone. Not painful, just 'of note'... Should I wear the uncreased one around for a couple weeks while the other is "tree'd" to even up the creases? Maybe someone walked the right one to death trying to get it to break in, then decided to return it. Soles are clean. Perhaps there are more discounts to be had with these through the 30%-40% off remaining seconds sale..?

post #36498 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekman View Post
 

I actually requested my first stock list on seconds last week, there were one pair available for most of the models in my size. But very few models had more than one pair available in the color I asked for in seconds. So lets consider that there are 90+ size variations considering lengths and widths. Then consider colors too and all the models. This certainly explains your perception of their being tons of seconds. And to this should be demonstrative of how high AE's quality controls are. 


I'm not so sure your calculations are accurate... but I don't know any more than you do... Is the number of seconds indicative of keen eyed quality control personnel or of sloppy workmanship?  Again, just a question.

post #36499 of 50937

Brooks Brothers FAs in Walnuts.  Probably my favorites in the the rotation right now

 

.

post #36500 of 50937

Okay, lets dismiss this claim:

Is the number of seconds indicative of keen eyed quality control personnel or of sloppy workmanship?

 

And again lets think about numbers:

218 Models

90+ Size options

Multiple Colors per Model

 

Consider the numbers, seriously, there are tons of variations in a particular shoe, is it really that unconscionable that there are what seems to be a decent number of readily available seconds?

post #36501 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post
 

this forum needs some livening up  ...:sly: Which brings me to my inquiry that I posted last Friday regarding the number of "second" quality shoes that AE produces. Why are there so many? Is it really that many or does this forum skew my perspective on the number of second quality shoes? Why are issues with stitching, pinking, and medallion alignment oftentimes not noticed by quality control and sent out as first quality shoes? Is it because those making the shoes aren't true professionally trained craftsmen? Is it because of the speed at which they are required to work?

 

Please understand, these questions are in no way a knock on Allen Edmonds. I do not have any sort of bone to pick with Allen Edmonds, the only pair of AE shoes I own has no quality issues whatsoever. I have ordered my second pair and am waiting for them to show up at my doorstep. I also know that AE is more than willing to work with you if your alleged first quality shoes have these issues, or even issues that are far less concerning. I'm just curious to hear what you all happen to know/think about the subject... :stirpot:

CHINNGISKHAAN... NOOOOOOO!!!!! YOU ONLY HAVE ONE PAIR OF AE?!?!? (caps for emphasis, pot being stirred...) I see you here all the time! Maaaannnnn, I never.:facepalm:  LOLOLOL

post #36502 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by natron20 View Post

Is there anywhere this could be purchased with width options? I would rock the hell out of that shoe!

Someone talk me either into or out of those white McNeils.

Pros:
They look awesome

Cons:
No half sizes
Was hoping to avoid buying shoes for a while
Where would I wear them? (I live in Virginia)
post #36503 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

Someone talk me either into or out of those white McNeils.

Pros:
They look awesome

Cons:
No half sizes
Was hoping to avoid buying shoes for a while
Where would I wear them? (I live in Virginia)
I do agree that they look awesome! I had the same issue...where would I wear them???
post #36504 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

$780?

eek.gif  

I paid $505 through Allison smile.gif

Maiden voyage, btw. Starting them out with some light airport, hotel wear.

post #36505 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by natron20 View Post

Is there anywhere this could be purchased with width options? I would rock the hell out of that shoe!

Someone talk me either into or out of those white McNeils.

Pros:
They look awesome

Cons:
No half sizes
Was hoping to avoid buying shoes for a while
Where would I wear them? (I live in Virginia)

Don't buy them. You may wear them twice a year, if that. At some point you will look in your closet and think: "what the hell was I thinking?" biggrin.gif
post #36506 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

I paid $505 through Allison smile.gif

Maiden voyage, btw. Starting them out with some light airport, hotel wear.

But are they "cherry cordovan"???? haha. stirpot.gif J/K I imagine they were AE's normal burgundy. Not sure why FSC called them cherry....
post #36507 of 50937

3 of 3...All present and accounted for, Sir! :slayer:

post #36508 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post
 

CHINNGISKHAAN... NOOOOOOO!!!!! YOU ONLY HAVE ONE PAIR OF AE?!?!? (caps for emphasis, pot being stirred...) I see you here all the time! Maaaannnnn, I never.:facepalm:  LOLOLOL

LOL

chill... I'm a student still, I have no need for loads of dress shoes... yet...;)... I have another pair on the way... and my plan is to buy around 2 pair a year until I get out of school in 2 years then I can buy them as I need/want them. I got my first pair of AE's for fathers day.

 

I'm here all the time because I love shoes and I want to learn more.

post #36509 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekman View Post
 

Okay, lets dismiss this claim:

Is the number of seconds indicative of keen eyed quality control personnel or of sloppy workmanship?

 

And again lets think about numbers:

218 Models

90+ Size options

Multiple Colors per Model

 

Consider the numbers, seriously, there are tons of variations in a particular shoe, is it really that unconscionable that there are what seems to be a decent number of readily available seconds?

hold up there buddy. I didn't mean to start an argument... I'm just not a math whiz thats all. 

 

Also, it wasn't a claim... it was a simple inquiry. I am making no claims about AE at all except that the only pair of shoes I currently own from them are wonderful in every way. I just wanted to get people's opinions on the questions I asked, yours included.

 

Sorry if it seemed like I was refuting what you said, that was not my intention.

post #36510 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


Don't buy them. You may wear them twice a year, if that. At some point you will look in your closet and think: "what the hell was I thinking?" biggrin.gif

I have white Neumoks.  Hardly ever wear them, but still fun to look at.AppleMark

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread