I got an email yesterday stating 30-40% off select seconds, not sure which models are included though
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:55pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on Yesterday at 6:41 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2427
Styleforum Top Picks
my apologies, it wasn't you... it was the person whose assertion you were defending. I wrongly stated that you said that, and I apologize. Maybe New Shoes made the same mistake.
Someone else said $350+, we disagreed with his post, you defended it... and thus started the confusion which I most assuredly contributed to.
can we move along? Roger expects more from AE for his money, you expect better photos on the AE website, everyone has their own opinion and lets just leave it at that
I am constitutionally unable to wade through the kind of back-and-forth that has been going on here for the past couple of hours. Perhaps I could summarize what I think may be the gist of it:
(1) AE makes a high volume of shoes that it then sells for around $350 list.
(2) Patient, careful, and/or tolerant shoppers can often find them at significant discounts.
(3) Some people don’t find the fit, finish, etc. of AE’s shoes to be acceptable at the $350 price point. Others do.
(4) More people are willing to accept the level of fit, finish, etc. of the shoes when they are purchased at significant discounts.
(5) AE is not trying to compete with Carmina, C&J, Church, (fill in your preferred European shoemaker here).
(6) No matter what their price and level of fit, finish, etc. is, AEs are much better than typical Chinese- and/or Indian-made J&M, Cole-Haan, etc., and patient, careful, and/or tolerant shoppers can often find AEs for prices that are very competitive with said Chinese- and/or Indian-made crap.
(7) At the end of the day, there will need to be some “agreeing to disagree.”
Is this accurate? Have I left anything out?
Edited by halfnhalfnhalf - 1/10/14 at 10:54am
I haven't got that email yet... only the Web Gems email in Brown Burnished on Tuesday..
As mentioned earlier in the thread, I spoke with Phil/Vincenzo at ShoeBank and they said Februrary is when there is usually a ~15% off factory seconds and then closeout sales on select models.
I received an email yesterday or the day before that the Strandmok in blue suede were on sale for $199. Think the email was titled Winter Blues or something. I was tempted as I've always wanted a pair of blue suede shoes. I just think there are few options for pairing them with anything other than jeans.
Khaki's and cords as well! It'd probably work well with some wool/tweed/flannel pants too!
This thread is more fun when people post pictures of their new shoes, shells after a few years of wearing in, and post-shine/care! I love AE shoes and have paid a variety of prices for all of them (ebay, seconds, Nordstrom, full price shells) and enjoy wearing them and receiving compliments for having "nice shoes, dude!"
There's always room for civil and respectful discussions in this thread.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 6 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 6 minutes ago
- › [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot |... 6 minutes ago
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 10 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...