I got an email yesterday stating 30-40% off select seconds, not sure which models are included though
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: REDISCOVER AMERICA Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University,... Last post on 10/30/14 at 6:06pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2427
Styleforum Top Picks
my apologies, it wasn't you... it was the person whose assertion you were defending. I wrongly stated that you said that, and I apologize. Maybe New Shoes made the same mistake.
Someone else said $350+, we disagreed with his post, you defended it... and thus started the confusion which I most assuredly contributed to.
can we move along? Roger expects more from AE for his money, you expect better photos on the AE website, everyone has their own opinion and lets just leave it at that
I am constitutionally unable to wade through the kind of back-and-forth that has been going on here for the past couple of hours. Perhaps I could summarize what I think may be the gist of it:
(1) AE makes a high volume of shoes that it then sells for around $350 list.
(2) Patient, careful, and/or tolerant shoppers can often find them at significant discounts.
(3) Some people don’t find the fit, finish, etc. of AE’s shoes to be acceptable at the $350 price point. Others do.
(4) More people are willing to accept the level of fit, finish, etc. of the shoes when they are purchased at significant discounts.
(5) AE is not trying to compete with Carmina, C&J, Church, (fill in your preferred European shoemaker here).
(6) No matter what their price and level of fit, finish, etc. is, AEs are much better than typical Chinese- and/or Indian-made J&M, Cole-Haan, etc., and patient, careful, and/or tolerant shoppers can often find AEs for prices that are very competitive with said Chinese- and/or Indian-made crap.
(7) At the end of the day, there will need to be some “agreeing to disagree.”
Is this accurate? Have I left anything out?
Edited by halfnhalfnhalf - 1/10/14 at 10:54am
I haven't got that email yet... only the Web Gems email in Brown Burnished on Tuesday..
As mentioned earlier in the thread, I spoke with Phil/Vincenzo at ShoeBank and they said Februrary is when there is usually a ~15% off factory seconds and then closeout sales on select models.
I received an email yesterday or the day before that the Strandmok in blue suede were on sale for $199. Think the email was titled Winter Blues or something. I was tempted as I've always wanted a pair of blue suede shoes. I just think there are few options for pairing them with anything other than jeans.
Khaki's and cords as well! It'd probably work well with some wool/tweed/flannel pants too!
This thread is more fun when people post pictures of their new shoes, shells after a few years of wearing in, and post-shine/care! I love AE shoes and have paid a variety of prices for all of them (ebay, seconds, Nordstrom, full price shells) and enjoy wearing them and receiving compliments for having "nice shoes, dude!"
There's always room for civil and respectful discussions in this thread.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Vass U-Last Austerity Brogue Wingtips 44/10.5 15 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 43 seconds ago
- › NIKE Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Label Under Construction "Signals" Washi J-Pant, Black, sz 48 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...