or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 239

post #3571 of 47027
Thanks for the tip. Only issue is that I bought them from a factory store. I'll see what my options are. Maybe the E won't feel too big.
post #3572 of 47027
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

That's what I was told, you may want to call tomorrow and verify. He also said sizes and styles were limited... So it may not include Dalton firsts.
But, I was able to order Dalton 2nds for 299 and Cambridge firsts for 399 in my size.

i ma call tomorrow and see if they still have Dalton 2nds in my size...$299 is a steal...
post #3573 of 47027
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes View Post

Holla at me if you need more shoes
You can always take them to a shoemaker and have them stretched. I would give them a chance first because all shoes stretch a bit especially across the front where you bend them, but if not you can take them to be stretched

How long would it take from the time i order until i get delivery? i normally wear a 11.5-12D with other shoe makers, i think i will order a 12 E this time around
My issues is how long it would take>
post #3574 of 47027
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post


i ma call tomorrow and see if they still have Dalton 2nds in my size...$299 is a steal...


Quote:

Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post


That's what I was told, you may want to call tomorrow and verify. He also said sizes and styles were limited... So it may not include Dalton firsts.
But, I was able to order Dalton 2nds for 299 and Cambridge firsts for 399 in my size.


I just different info from different sources. Note, I inquired only about the shell leeds. I contacted an SA (store mgr) at a Boston store who indicated that there are currently no promotions on the shell Leeds.They are listed at full price, $575. However, Edward Wickham at the Freeport Factory Store indicated that he could get both sizes I inquired about for $299. Since his price is so good and my sizes are available, I'll be going with the Burgundy Shell Leeds. He's ordering them so I can try a couple of different sizes.

 

Can anyone comment on the Macneil & Leeds fits? I assumed [incorrectly] that the Macneil and the Leeds were on the same last but they are in fact on the #7 and #1 respectively. If I had to size up by half (to 11.5D) from my brannock size for the Macneil, any idea if I should do the same for the Leeds? My high instep/high volume feet can create some problems and the SA at the State St. Boston store correctly recommended sizing up by half in length as opposed to increasing width to an E. He was very professional and knowledgeable but I can't justify the price difference. The factory 2nds are about 50% less than firsts. Fortunately, Edward can get both for me to try. I'm sure one will work.

 

As I posted previously, I was considering the Leeds and Alden PTB (and the RL Marlow thanks to kmdsimpson). Once again, the AE won out...due in part to price (OK, due in LARGE part to price) but I do like the slightly narrower appearance compared to the Barrie. Note, I found the same to be true of the Macneil vs. the Alden shell longwing.

 

Shoemart pics came in handy when making the comparison:

 

LL

900x900px-LL-060281c9_990-top.jpeg

 

 

 

LL

LL

 

 

 

 

post #3575 of 47027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post


How long would it take from the time i order until i get delivery? i normally wear a 11.5-12D with other shoe makers, i think i will order a 12 E this time around
My issues is how long it would take>


Lombard's are in the 2 last, I believe-- I had the same issue with Players, also in the 2 last.  I ordered them in 12D, and since I got them at Nordstrom's (who have a very liberal return policy) I tried them for about 6 weeks, but they never stretched in the toe box.  They kept pinching my little toe.  I even had the guys at Nordstroms try stretching them. Nope. I had to return them.  Don't bank on them stretching.

 


Edited by ejomby - 3/16/12 at 8:08am
post #3576 of 47027
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post



Quote:


I just different info from different sources. Note, I inquired only about the shell leeds. I contacted an SA (store mgr) at a Boston store who indicated that there are currently no promotions on the shell Leeds.They are listed at full price, $575. However, Edward Wickham at the Freeport Factory Store indicated that he could get both sizes I inquired about for $299. Since his price is so good and my sizes are available, I'll be going with the Burgundy Shell Leeds. He's ordering them so I can try a couple of different sizes.

Can anyone comment on the Macneil & Leeds fits? I assumed [incorrectly] that the Macneil and the Leeds were on the same last but they are in fact on the #7 and #1 respectively. If I had to size up by half (to 11.5D) from my brannock size for the Macneil, any idea if I should do the same for the Leeds? My high instep/high volume feet can create some problems and the SA at the State St. Boston store correctly recommended sizing up by half in length as opposed to increasing width to an E. He was very professional and knowledgeable but I can't justify the price difference. The factory 2nds are about 50% less than firsts. Fortunately, Edward can get both for me to try. I'm sure one will work.

As I posted previously, I was considering the Leeds and Alden PTB (and the RL Marlow thanks to kmdsimpson). Once again, the AE won out...due in part to price (OK, due in LARGE part to price) but I do like the slightly narrower appearance compared to the Barrie. Note, I found the same to be true of the Macneil vs. the Alden shell longwing.

Shoemart pics came in handy when making the comparison:

350x350px-LL-7ab714cc_448611575LL.jpeg
350x350px-LL-4f9c470f_900x900px-LL-060281c9_990-top.jpeg



350x350px-LL-6bc1c0c5_210231884LL.jpeg
350x350px-LL-79bb3910_93462495LL.jpeg




For what it's worth, I measure an 11D on the Brannock, though I am on the edge of an E. I am completely flat footed with a high instep.

I wear an 11E in the 5-last (confirmed yesterday, despite a pair of 11D Fifth Aves which have stretched in the time I've owned them) and I have a pair of 10.5E shell Leeds that fit great.
post #3577 of 47027
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post


For what it's worth, I measure an 11D on the Brannock, though I am on the edge of an E. I am completely flat footed with a high instep.
I wear an 11E in the 5-last (confirmed yesterday, despite a pair of 11D Fifth Aves which have stretched in the time I've owned them) and I have a pair of 10.5E shell Leeds that fit great.


Thanks for the input.

post #3578 of 47027
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post



Thanks for the input.


I run 12D on the 7 last macneils.  I also have Bayfields on the 1 last.  No problems on the MacNeils-- perfect fit.  The Bayfields were a bit tight all around, but have since stretched enough to be comfortable.  Slight difference for me, but not much.

 

post #3579 of 47027
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Quote:


Can anyone comment on the Macneil & Leeds fits? I assumed [incorrectly] that the Macneil and the Leeds were on the same last but they are in fact on the #7 and #1 respectively. If I had to size up by half (to 11.5D) from my brannock size for the Macneil, any idea if I should do the same for the Leeds?

I'm flat footed with no instep to speak of and measure just shy of both size 10 and D width on a Brannock. Russell Moccasin measured me at in between a 9.5C and 10D so built my boots on a 9.5 size last with the volume of a 10D. My shell Leeds fit perfectly in 10D. As do all the other shoes and boots I own on the 1 last. Have 2 new shoes on the #5 last in 10D and if possible they fit even a little better as they are a closer fit to my true size. Not sure because of the instep difference if it will help you or not. I do wear 3/4 length inserts (which would be similar to the high instep) and it doesn't seem to change the fit of the Leeds very much.

Enjoy your new Leeds, I think you made the right choice between the two and will like them.

post #3580 of 47027
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post



Quote:


I just different info from different sources. Note, I inquired only about the shell leeds. I contacted an SA (store mgr) at a Boston store who indicated that there are currently no promotions on the shell Leeds.They are listed at full price, $575. However, Edward Wickham at the Freeport Factory Store indicated that he could get both sizes I inquired about for $299. Since his price is so good and my sizes are available, I'll be going with the Burgundy Shell Leeds. He's ordering them so I can try a couple of different sizes.

Can anyone comment on the Macneil & Leeds fits? I assumed [incorrectly] that the Macneil and the Leeds were on the same last but they are in fact on the #7 and #1 respectively. If I had to size up by half (to 11.5D) from my brannock size for the Macneil, any idea if I should do the same for the Leeds? My high instep/high volume feet can create some problems and the SA at the State St. Boston store correctly recommended sizing up by half in length as opposed to increasing width to an E. He was very professional and knowledgeable but I can't justify the price difference. The factory 2nds are about 50% less than firsts. Fortunately, Edward can get both for me to try. I'm sure one will work.

As I posted previously, I was considering the Leeds and Alden PTB (and the RL Marlow thanks to kmdsimpson). Once again, the AE won out...due in part to price (OK, due in LARGE part to price) but I do like the slightly narrower appearance compared to the Barrie. Note, I found the same to be true of the Macneil vs. the Alden shell longwing.

Shoemart pics came in handy when making the comparison:

350x350px-LL-7ab714cc_448611575LL.jpeg
350x350px-LL-4f9c470f_900x900px-LL-060281c9_990-top.jpeg



350x350px-LL-6bc1c0c5_210231884LL.jpeg
350x350px-LL-79bb3910_93462495LL.jpeg





If you want a sleeker Alden PTB, consider the Brooks Brothers version, which is on a different last and quite nice:




AE Leeds is however quite nice although a bit lower quality and cheaper feeling IMO.
post #3581 of 47027

I got my first AE's fifth ave yesterday from amazon.  They feel a little stiff, but other than that I was greatly impressed with the worksmanship of the shoes.  My fiance was just staring at me like why are you staring at those shoes so much!  lol  The wedding is in October so I am going to slowly break them in. 

post #3582 of 47027
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejomby View Post


I run 12D on the 7 last macneils.  I also have Bayfields on the 1 last.  No problems on the MacNeils-- perfect fit.  The Bayfields were a bit tight all around, but have since stretched enough to be comfortable.  Slight difference for me, but not much.

 


Of the 7 shoes and boots that I own on the #1 last the Bayfields are the tightest fitting. In my case one of the best fitting, at least for me. But to clarify that the Malvern on the #1last in leather was way too tight for me and I had to return them.

post #3583 of 47027
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejomby View Post


I run 12D on the 7 last macneils.  I also have Bayfields on the 1 last.  No problems on the MacNeils-- perfect fit.  The Bayfields were a bit tight all around, but have since stretched enough to be comfortable.  Slight difference for me, but not much.

 


I'll echo these comments - I am a 12D in both the 7 (macneils, graysons) and 1 last (leeds, bradleys, daltons).  No issues with the fit of any of them.  The Bradleys are actually the tightest of the bunch, I figure that's due to the hand stitching. 

 

For what it's worth, I am a 12D on the 5 last too...

 

post #3584 of 47027

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post


Quote:



I just different info from different sources. Note, I inquired only about the shell leeds. I contacted an SA (store mgr) at a Boston store who indicated that there are currently no promotions on the shell Leeds.They are listed at full price, $575. However, Edward Wickham at the Freeport Factory Store indicated that he could get both sizes I inquired about for $299. Since his price is so good and my sizes are available, I'll be going with the Burgundy Shell Leeds. He's ordering them so I can try a couple of different sizes.

 

This is weird - I wonder why some are showing a sale and some aren't.  I guess the moral of the story is if you don't get the answer you want, ask someone else.  biggrin.gif

post #3585 of 47027
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post

 

 

This is weird - I wonder why some are showing a sale and some aren't.  I guess the moral of the story is if you don't get the answer you want, ask someone else.  biggrin.gif


Maybe just a factory outlet thing?

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread