or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2363

post #35431 of 48282
Received my Aberdeen longwing last week. Wore once. Extremely comfortable and looks great.

However I do have a concern for the threads on the mini lug sole. They are quite exposed. Like, literally, walking on them.

Any one with mini lug sole having this issue? I recall there are several Aberdeen owners here. How are yours doing so far?

Thanks.
post #35432 of 48282
How did you size your Aberdeen vs a 5last shoe?
post #35433 of 48282
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaswan View Post

Received my Aberdeen longwing last week. Wore once. Extremely comfortable and looks great.

However I do have a concern for the threads on the mini lug sole. They are quite exposed. Like, literally, walking on them.

Any one with mini lug sole having this issue? I recall there are several Aberdeen owners here. How are yours doing so far?

Thanks.

You do realize they are shoes, right?  :-)  

 

Hey, welcome to the forum mate. Those soles are great and will last for while.  Use them, abuse them, and enjoy. 

post #35434 of 48282
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaswan View Post

Received my Aberdeen longwing last week. Wore once. Extremely comfortable and looks great.

However I do have a concern for the threads on the mini lug sole. They are quite exposed. Like, literally, walking on them.

Any one with mini lug sole having this issue? I recall there are several Aberdeen owners here. How are yours doing so far?

Thanks.

 

i have a pair of red wings with the stitches like that; i wore them out to the point of the stitching being gone, and the shoes are still holding up fine.

i don't think it's an issue.

post #35435 of 48282
Quote:
 How did you size your Aberdeen vs a 5last shoe?

Sry, this is my first pair of AE :]

 

Quote:
 

You do realize they are shoes, right?  :-)  

 

Hey, welcome to the forum mate. Those soles are great and will last for while.  Use them, abuse them, and enjoy. 

 

Thanks mate. Yeah, i didn't have the intention to return it anyway. 

 

Quote:
i have a pair of red wings with the stitches like that; i wore them out to the point of the stitching being gone, and the shoes are still holding up fine.

i don't think it's an issue.

Great to hear that.

post #35436 of 48282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

Same thing happened to me with a recent order. I'm sure they arrive tomorrow. FedEx (and all other shipping carriers) are backed up due to the volume of packages being shipped over the holidays. I bet tomorrow they're "on vehicle for delivery!"

Now it says back at fedex facility with estimated delivery date December 27.

It's not a big deal, but I wonder why $125 closeout shoes from the outlet qualify for free 2-day delivery, but a $550 MTO gets "super saver"

Of course, it's still a great bargain for custom shells, so I'm not really complaining.
post #35437 of 48282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post
 

Outstanding job Doc!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

The LBs are stunning!

 

Thanks, guys. This Obenauf makes some magical stuff. I just realized I didn't put the stock red laces back on the Long Branches. Not sure if I want to now...

post #35438 of 48282
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Now it says back at fedex facility with estimated delivery date December 27.

It's not a big deal, but I wonder why $125 closeout shoes from the outlet qualify for free 2-day delivery, but a $550 MTO gets "super saver"

Of course, it's still a great bargain for custom shells, so I'm not really complaining.

Yikes. Sorry man, hold on . . . lemme see if I can get my foot out of my mouth

post #35439 of 48282
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Now it says back at fedex facility with estimated delivery date December 27.

It's not a big deal, but I wonder why $125 closeout shoes from the outlet qualify for free 2-day delivery, but a $550 MTO gets "super saver"

Of course, it's still a great bargain for custom shells, so I'm not really complaining.

 

Hey, they gotta save on cost some how. Great price for a MTO= super saver shipping!

post #35440 of 48282
Ok, well, those tracking results must have been an error, because I DID just receive my shoes after all, and hot DAMN are they killin!

I'll look forward to cleaning them up a bit over the next few days, but here's a first look:









Kenilworth 10.5 3E in burgundy cordovan, toasted edge, chili welt, brass eyelets, Indy lining and single JR sole.

Looking forward to breaking in these babies!
post #35441 of 48282
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

hot DAMN are they killin!

Yes. Yes, they are. Man... nothing shows off shell like a PTB. Gorgeous!!

So anxious for the Bayfield makeups I ordered on October 2. Just got a tan Horween Dublin belt from GSD to match and the belt is beautiful; if the shoes look half as nice they'll be well worth the wait. Last I heard was "as long as everything checks out it will either ship by the end of next week or the beginning of the following week" on December 4...
post #35442 of 48282
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Ok, well, those tracking results must have been an error, because I DID just receive my shoes after all, and hot DAMN are they killin!

I'll look forward to cleaning them up a bit over the next few days, but here's a first look:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







Kenilworth 10.5 3E in burgundy cordovan, toasted edge, chili welt, brass eyelets, Indy lining and single JR sole.

Looking forward to breaking in these babies!

Those are awesome! Good choices. Enjoy and happy holidays!

-Mike
post #35443 of 48282
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ok, well, those tracking results must have been an error, because I DID just receive my shoes after all, and hot DAMN are they killin!

I'll look forward to cleaning them up a bit over the next few days, but here's a first look:








Kenilworth 10.5 3E in burgundy cordovan, toasted edge, chili welt, brass eyelets, Indy lining and single JR sole.

Looking forward to breaking in these babies!

Those are absolutely stunning, you did a heck of a job on that make up! Congrats on your new shoes and Merry Christmas to you:) 

post #35444 of 48282

peppercorn - total awesomeness - congrats!

post #35445 of 48282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post

This is my sixth pair of AE Seconds, have I still haven't been able to find anything structurally wrong with any of them.  Some have had very minor cosmetic problems, which I can't see when I use the shoes as directed (putting them on my feet and walking around with them on).  I am not a curator of a shoe museum.

Ok bro, we get it, you love seconds and don't mind imperfections. I feel the same.

But you can stop with the hyperbole, because many people don't mind paying full price for a perfect product, and not risk getting something they'll have to return, or something that reminds them it's a flawed product every time they wear it.

Everybody's different.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread