or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2362

post #35416 of 52332
Quote:
Originally Posted by schweezly View Post

Is there anyone that could use an AE recraft card for $35 off a set of full priced shoes? I got it about 2 months ago and I doubt I'll use it in the coming weeks. Let me know.

I'm not looking for anything for it, unless you've got an Amazon coupon (which in my search, there aren't any shoe coupons right now)

I could definitely use that, if you're still willing to part with it!
post #35417 of 52332

HDLP, Longbranches, and Gerstner

 

 

post #35418 of 52332
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

I could definitely use that, if you're still willing to part with it!
.

No problem. I'm out now but I'll PM you the number a little later
post #35419 of 52332
Quote:
Originally Posted by schweezly View Post


No problem. I'm out now but I'll PM you the number a little later

Thanks man!!!!
post #35420 of 52332
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

HDLP, Longbranches, and Gerstner

 

 

 

Great picture of a great boot. I bought mine on a whim when they were a $125 clearance. Looking back now, I should have gotten about 3 pairs, I love them even more every time I wear them.

post #35421 of 52332
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

My MTO Macneils should be here tomorrow icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Was supposed to get my shell kennys today (5 day economy fedex oddly enough) but they never showed. FedEx tracking just says NA for estimated delivery now.

Weird. That's an expensive pair of shoes to be unaccounted for...
post #35422 of 52332
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

New Shoes,

Here is the picture you requested.

Long Branches after some HDLP (alongside a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile Austen boots I did the same to.)

My method:

Clean with saddle soap
Apply one coat HDLP with fingers
Place in black garbage bag to cook in the sun all day
Brush
Another coat HDLP/Garbage Bag Sauna
Brush
Wipe away excess HDLP
Apply one coat AE Chili Cream Polish to heel & toe of LBs
Brush




I really like the depth and richness of the color now.
Note: Mine are the brown waxy leather.

Outstanding job Doc! And you did it the right way IMO. When I had my Grand Slam Sheep Hunters made by Russell the gentleman that fitted me handed me a jar of HDLP, it is when I first learned about it. He told me about the black plastic bag to melt it in and mentioned it was on the website under shoe care. It is still there. Most of the time I end up using a heat gun to melt it in because it just doesn't get warm enough here much of the year. Supposed to be -19 F on Monday LOL. I feel there is a difference in letting it soak in slowly vs. the heat gun method with the slower soaking method being better. I have tried the AE chili polish over HDLP on my CXL Bayfields but it just didn't work on mine. Your boots turned out great, fantastic job.

post #35423 of 52332
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Was supposed to get my shell kennys today (5 day economy fedex oddly enough) but they never showed. FedEx tracking just says NA for estimated delivery now.

Weird. That's an expensive pair of shoes to be unaccounted for...

Same thing happened to me with a recent order. I'm sure they arrive tomorrow. FedEx (and all other shipping carriers) are backed up due to the volume of packages being shipped over the holidays. I bet tomorrow they're "on vehicle for delivery!"
post #35424 of 52332
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Burgundy shell Dalton seconds arrived today.  As far as I can tell, the only significant defect is that the "wing" on the left one is a little misshapen:




I hope it comes through in the photo.  Anyway, I'm trying to decide if that's a deal-breaker.  I doubt anyone would ever notice besides me, but I will see it every time I look down.  Has anyone else successfully put up with this?  Thanks in advance for any perspectives!


All depends on what your tolerance is for imperfections. I personally would return. It would bother me each time I wore them.
post #35425 of 52332
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

One of the things I like about AEs . . . call me crazy . . . they're imperfect.  Kinda rough-hewn, even in their pristine state.  Not long ago I ordered a pair of Church's monks from Mr. Porter, just for comparison's sake.  They weren't even from one of their higher-end lines, but I was shocked at how "perfect" they were.  Seemed . . . un-American, somehow.  America is a rough-and-ready kind of place and AEs reflect that.  The Churches OTOH seemed fussy, like they weren't capable of rolling up their sleeves.  If these run-of-the-mill Churches seemed that perfect to me, I can't imagine what a truly high-end pair would be like . . . I'd probably be afraid to wear them.

Like I said, call me crazy.

You're not crazy. We all have certain tolerances.

For me, it's the latent cynical guy who'd still rather buy American.

Although for the money of the brands you speak, I demand that level of quality. With AE I expect a durable shoe with good construction, good looks and excellent customer service...which they accomplish.
post #35426 of 52332
Received my Aberdeen longwing last week. Wore once. Extremely comfortable and looks great.

However I do have a concern for the threads on the mini lug sole. They are quite exposed. Like, literally, walking on them.

Any one with mini lug sole having this issue? I recall there are several Aberdeen owners here. How are yours doing so far?

Thanks.
post #35427 of 52332
How did you size your Aberdeen vs a 5last shoe?
post #35428 of 52332
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaswan View Post

Received my Aberdeen longwing last week. Wore once. Extremely comfortable and looks great.

However I do have a concern for the threads on the mini lug sole. They are quite exposed. Like, literally, walking on them.

Any one with mini lug sole having this issue? I recall there are several Aberdeen owners here. How are yours doing so far?

Thanks.

You do realize they are shoes, right?  :-)  

 

Hey, welcome to the forum mate. Those soles are great and will last for while.  Use them, abuse them, and enjoy. 

post #35429 of 52332
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaswan View Post

Received my Aberdeen longwing last week. Wore once. Extremely comfortable and looks great.

However I do have a concern for the threads on the mini lug sole. They are quite exposed. Like, literally, walking on them.

Any one with mini lug sole having this issue? I recall there are several Aberdeen owners here. How are yours doing so far?

Thanks.

 

i have a pair of red wings with the stitches like that; i wore them out to the point of the stitching being gone, and the shoes are still holding up fine.

i don't think it's an issue.

post #35430 of 52332
Quote:
 How did you size your Aberdeen vs a 5last shoe?

Sry, this is my first pair of AE :]

 

Quote:
 

You do realize they are shoes, right?  :-)  

 

Hey, welcome to the forum mate. Those soles are great and will last for while.  Use them, abuse them, and enjoy. 

 

Thanks mate. Yeah, i didn't have the intention to return it anyway. 

 

Quote:
i have a pair of red wings with the stitches like that; i wore them out to the point of the stitching being gone, and the shoes are still holding up fine.

i don't think it's an issue.

Great to hear that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread