or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2298

post #34456 of 49593

Thats crazy, I thought only the grey long branch was available for 99. Youre saying you got the brown for that much?

post #34457 of 49593
Quote:
Originally Posted by natron20 View Post

Ok, I just had to brag about my AE experience today. Had never been able to buy such an expensive pair of shoes, however, I decided to take the plunge and look at them as an investment.

Decided on a pair of Long Branch boots in dark brown, and made the 3 hour drive to the closest AE store. I have weird feet (born with a SEVERE case of club foot), so I wanted to have some help from one of their associates regarding getting measured and picking their brain about proper sizing, shoe care, etc.

The lady who helped me was great, but she gave me some bad news right away, the dark brown were out of stock. However, she encouraged me to try the Long Branch in brown, and she sized me right up. The size she brought out were spot on and felt really good! I was very excited, but then she proceeded to tell me the Long Branch were on sale for $99 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif At this point I turned around and knocked over a stack of shoe boxes with my erection. So, after I regained my composure, I did the natural thing and found myself a pair of Aberdeens on sale for $149! Ended up with two pair for $50 less than what I was prepared to pay for one!

I just could not believe my luck, and I figured you fine folks that care enough to post on this site would be the only people I know who would give a damn, so thanks for indulging me!

Sweet! Did you get the Aberdeens for $99 or $149? Because they are on sale for $99 too.

What size were you in the Long Branch? Because I called the Jville store to try and get one but they didnt have it in my size!
post #34458 of 49593
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


That is correct, I got both of my Shell MTOs for $505.75 during the RDA sale.

-Mike

My shell MTO boots were $590 during the RDA sale.

post #34459 of 49593
Yes, I got the brown Long Branch for $99. I didn't even know they had a gray option. I might have made that purchase today too had I known and they had stock.

I'm sorry they didn't have your size. Mine are 10 EEE.

Had no idea the Aberdeen's were on sale for $99 too. These were marked $149, I think. I'm not going to complain though since it seems like I got a screaming deal regardless.
Edited by natron20 - 11/30/13 at 3:28pm
post #34460 of 49593

Quick! Fine people, Dark Brown Long Branch 1sts or Dark Chocolate Dalton 2nds ????

post #34461 of 49593
Ch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

Quick! Fine people, Dark Brown Long Branch 1sts or Dark Chocolate Dalton 2nds ????

Chocolate Dalton's for sure!
post #34462 of 49593
I just ordered dark brown Long Branch in 1st quality since I was looking for a bad weather boot. Anybody have pictures of this version? I was advised against the waxy brown leather because I was told that they wear much more poorly and AE stopped production of these because of that. Any opinions on this matter?
post #34463 of 49593
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post
 

Quick! Fine people, Dark Brown Long Branch 1sts or Dark Chocolate Dalton 2nds ????

 

Chocolate Daltons are amazing, I had a pair in a size too big and ended up selling them off and picking up the Bourbon Dalton in the correct size. Don't get me wrong I love the Bourbon but I find myself drooling now every time someone posts pics of a Chocolate pair. I will be picking them up again eventually for sure.

post #34464 of 49593

Done deal. Choco Daltons coming by Tuesday.

post #34465 of 49593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post
 

 

I'm in the same boat. I was initially thinking Dainite all the way, but now I'm not so sure, especially because I'm not sure how a black sole would look with chili or cognac.

 

Dainite lasts a long time, so that's one reason why I like it.

 

 

Does anyone know why Bourbon seems to look radically different on different shoes? Or is it just photography?

e.g.,

 

Bourbon looks nothing like that in person.

I don't know what is up with the pictures of "bourbon" on the site.  I agree, looks nothing like that in real life.  I was trying to figure out if I wanted to jump on the bourbon Eagle County bandwagon and looked at literally every picture of bourbon AE's on the website and posted in the forum here and they vary pretty wildly.  

 

In the end I think I'm going to end up making a burnished walnut Eagle County.   I was teetering on getting a burnished Merlot but I already own Chocolate Daltons and no lighter boots.

 

*****Question: Standard on the Eagle County and some other boots/shoes are the split/reverse welt.  In my research I've heard most people say they do NOT waterproof the shoe more considerably.  Is it 100% simply a cosmetic feature or does it have any actual utility?

post #34466 of 49593
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4nimal View Post

I don't know what is up with the pictures of "bourbon" on the site.  I agree, looks nothing like that in real life.  I was trying to figure out if I wanted to jump on the bourbon Eagle County bandwagon and looked at literally every picture of bourbon AE's on the website and posted in the forum here and they vary pretty wildly.  

In the end I think I'm going to end up making a burnished walnut Eagle County.   I was teetering on getting a burnished Merlot but I already own Chocolate Daltons and no lighter boots.

*****Question: Standard on the Eagle County and some other boots/shoes are the split/reverse welt.  In my research I've heard most people say they do NOT waterproof the shoe more considerably.  Is it 100% simply a cosmetic feature or does it have any actual utility?
My own dogs have gotten just as soggy in both kinds of shoes on such rare, unfortunate, and unexpected occasions.
post #34467 of 49593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post
 

 

I'm in the same boat. I was initially thinking Dainite all the way, but now I'm not so sure, especially because I'm not sure how a black sole would look with chili or cognac.

 

Dainite lasts a long time, so that's one reason why I like it.

 

 

Does anyone know why Bourbon seems to look radically different on different shoes? Or is it just photography?

e.g.,

 

Bourbon looks nothing like that in person.

+1... 

 

I got two different bourbon shoes after a return - same style - but different colors...initially. You said what I thought (a wide color saturation range), until I polished my bourbon strands for the first time.  They turned into your posted picture's color. Exactly... I was almost upset.  It looks better than the darker brown if you ask me, but there is definitely a difference from shoe to shoe, and definitely a difference once you start polishing away some of the work done by that black wheel.  Kentyman's profile pic is how mine started, then they turned into the above Sapienza pic's color.

post #34468 of 49593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post
 

Kentyman's profile pic is how mine started, then they turned into the above Sapienza pic's color.

 

For completeness, here're more pictures of mine right out of the box over a year ago:

 

post #34469 of 49593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post

I just ordered dark brown Long Branch in 1st quality since I was looking for a bad weather boot. Anybody have pictures of this version? I was advised against the waxy brown leather because I was told that they wear much more poorly and AE stopped production of these because of that. Any opinions on this matter?

I think my concerns have been put to ease after seeing much better pics of the dark brown Long Branch boots on Zappos' website:

http://m.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-long-branch-dark-brown-grain-leather
post #34470 of 49593
y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post

I think my concerns have been put to ease after seeing much better pics of the dark brown Long Branch boots on Zappos' website:

http://m.zappos.com/allen-edmonds-long-branch-dark-brown-grain-leather

I saw both side by side and I went with the dark brown grain as well (posted pics a few pars back). The waxy leather felt and looked cheap. Enjoy!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread