or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2260

post #33886 of 49382

Has anyone heard anything about a Dalton seconds sale?

post #33887 of 49382
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Any of you guys contact Allison regarding a minor MTO?

Things like a different colored edge trim or even just adding a tap sole(save $50) to the basic makeup.

I know this can be considered as "pushing it" but just wanted to see your thoughts.
I had a pair of bone-stock burgundy shell MacNeils done MTO to get 'em narrow enough. Folks do that regularly just to get the Independence lining and sole. No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post

I'm a 'true' 13.5C on a Brannock device; so I guess it makes sense that my Strands (13C) in a long and slim last fit me perfectly. I have a pair of 13C Sanfords (7 last) that are too short and wide (though only 'short' in that the toe box gets too tight too quickly; not like my toes are up against the front. I have 13D 5As that are big but fit alright with insoles.

Hence why I think 14B might be my proper size in the 1 or 7.

What complicates things even more is that my left foot is noticeably larger than my right foot (and I'm right handed, which is weird) - I think almost a full width's worth. You can tell just by looking at the lacing, especially the respective V-shapes on balmorals. biggrin.gif  
Oh man, tricky. I think at this point I'd suggest the above route and going MTO just to get each foot sized properly. Otherwise yeah, a 14B sounds as close as you'll get.
post #33888 of 49382
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post


Oh man, tricky. I think at this point I'd suggest the above route and going MTO just to get each foot sized properly. Otherwise yeah, a 14B sounds as close as you'll get.

 

I unfortunately lack the disposable income to do MTO at this point. The whole 2/$250 thing was really the only way I could afford these shoes to begin with. Even though my left foot is bigger than my right, my 13C Strands are very comfortable on both feet, though my left instep hurts a bit at the end of a long day.

 

Does anyone know if the 2 last is more similar to the 1/7 or 5? I have an AE outlet near me and I can go and try on Daltons if I want to go that route, but I'm thinking about the Eagle County and I doubt they'd have those in stock in my size.

post #33889 of 49382
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post

I'm a 'true' 13.5C on a Brannock device; so I guess it makes sense that my Strands (13C) in a long and slim last fit me perfectly. I have a pair of 13C Sanfords (7 last) that are too short and wide (though only 'short' in that the toe box gets too tight too quickly; not like my toes are up against the front. I have 13D 5As that are big but fit alright with insoles.

Hence why I think 14B might be my proper size in the 1 or 7.

What complicates things even more is that my left foot is noticeably larger than my right foot (and I'm right handed, which is weird) - I think almost a full width's worth. You can tell just by looking at the lacing, especially the respective V-shapes on balmorals. biggrin.gif  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post

Does anyone know if the 2 last is more similar to the 1/7 or 5? I have an AE outlet near me and I can go and try on Daltons if I want to go that route, but I'm thinking about the Eagle County and I doubt they'd have those in stock in my size.

Oddly enough, my left foot is also noticeably bigger than my right, and I am also right handed. You could certainly try a 14B, but I would actually suggest you try a 13B/C in the 1 last. I say this because you can't move half a size and some people take the same size in the 5 last as they do other lasts, but go up a width. The 5 last is approx. 1/4 longer than typical (i.e. a size 11 is size 11 1/4). Since you say the toe box gets too tight too quickly, you may benefit from a last that is more rounded like the 1 last. For the 7 last, since a 13C doesn't work, you pretty much have to try a 14B or get a MTO.

The 2 last is somewhat similar to the 5, in that it's long and narrow. You may be able to wear that in the same size as your 5 lasted shoes, but it is a bit narrower so you may need to go up a width.
post #33890 of 49382

Toronto PSA: Rego, in the Exchange Tower, has AEs on sale for $299. Not sure which models, I'm hoping to drop in some time today to take a look.

post #33891 of 49382
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post
 

Has anyone heard anything about a Dalton seconds sale?

 

Trying to get the Jeffersonville store to give me some details. So far all I know is that there's a Tanger coupon for 20% off that they will honor as well as door busters on clearance models.

 

I asked for more, lets see what happens

post #33892 of 49382

 

Here is the flyer I received for seconds thanksgivings sale. 

post #33893 of 49382
Just got a list of currently discontinued shoes from Jeffersonville. Basically the same models that were in the 2 for $250 sale a while back. Nothing I'm excited about. I might talk myself into a a $99 Neumora. She did say that the entire list will not be in effect until that day. They will set the list the day of or before the sale, so it could change.
post #33894 of 49382

man no boots on sale, closest thing I found is all Eagle Countys are $129 and grey long branch is $159, brown long branch is $199.

 

 

Im really regretting not snagging cordovan daltons for 299 a couple months ago since I am now considering paying north of 200 for calf ones. What do you guys think the chances of them doing a sale like that again are?

post #33895 of 49382

any of you have a pair of the Cambridge in Brogue Suede? Care to share some pics?

post #33896 of 49382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss17 View Post



Oddly enough, my left foot is also noticeably bigger than my right, and I am also right handed. You could certainly try a 14B, but I would actually suggest you try a 13B/C in the 1 last. I say this because you can't move half a size and some people take the same size in the 5 last as they do other lasts, but go up a width. The 5 last is approx. 1/4 longer than typical (i.e. a size 11 is size 11 1/4). Since you say the toe box gets too tight too quickly, you may benefit from a last that is more rounded like the 1 last. For the 7 last, since a 13C doesn't work, you pretty much have to try a 14B or get a MTO.

The 2 last is somewhat similar to the 5, in that it's long and narrow. You may be able to wear that in the same size as your 5 lasted shoes, but it is a bit narrower so you may need to go up a width.

Cool, thanks for the help. I guess the best course is to just go and try them all on.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
 

man no boots on sale, closest thing I found is all Eagle Countys are $129 and grey long branch is $159, brown long branch is $199.

 

Yeah, looks like the rumor of $199 Daltons was off?

 

Where are you getting the $130 price on Eagle Countys? I'm tempted.

post #33897 of 49382
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Allen Edmonds Randolph chili grain, another brand new $99 find on Black Friday:



 

How does the Randolph fit compared to other shoes on the 5 last or even non-loafers on the 7 last?

 

I know Randolph is on the 7 but I am not familiar with the fit of a loafer on that last.

 
post #33898 of 49382
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post
 

Cool, thanks for the help. I guess the best course is to just go and try them all on.

 

 

Yeah, looks like the rumor of $199 Daltons was off?

 

Where are you getting the $130 price on Eagle Countys? I'm tempted.

 

From the price list kristle at jeffersonville sent me. I cant decide if I really want a pair. The tan ones with the white sole just remind me of timberlands, and the black ones are super sharp but that red brick sole is driving me CRAZY. WHY CANT IT BE BLACK.

post #33899 of 49382

For those that aren't familiar with all the Brooks Brothers (BB) and Ralph Lauren (RL) models, here are the ones I know of. I've linked to their respective websites if possible. Feel free to let me know of any additions or corrections and I can try to keep it up-to-date. Also, if you know which last a given RL model is on, let me know and I'll add it. I'm not positive about the links with question marks; please let me know if you can confirm.

 

Brooks Brothers (differences include Poron insole, combination outsole, and branding):

 

Ralph Lauren:


Edited by kentyman - 12/3/13 at 12:18am
post #33900 of 49382
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis534 View Post
 

 

Here is the flyer I received for seconds thanksgivings sale. 

Remind me, where do you get these flyers? I already hit up cacmail and shoebank email addresses to get lists of seconds. Do I also need to email the outlet stores individually?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread