or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2259

post #33871 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


LoL. We could try. Anyone up for organizing it and E-mailing Paul and Allison? I would support such a cause.

-M

I'd be surprised if this worked out. With the overall shortage of walnut shell cordovan and a minimum profit (if any) AE is making on MTOs with the SF discount, I honestly very much doubt this could work, unless we provide AE with the walnut shell. 

 

This said, at some point I have asked Allison whether I could supply my own shell to AE and got a response that AE doesn't let its customers provide their own materials. I assume she was referring to the individual customers though. With the large MTO this could be a subject to change. I am pretty sure Wolverine might supply AE with the shell it gets directly from Horween and made according to the Wolverine's own specs. If we can get the shell directly from Horween, perhaps we can place a large MTO order with AE.

post #33872 of 49564
Does bourbon shell exist? If walnut shell isnt available maybe we can bourbon shell? Anyway I'd be down for a mass walnut shell order
post #33873 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosrep123 View Post

Does bourbon shell exist? If walnut shell isnt available maybe we can bourbon shell? Anyway I'd be down for a mass walnut shell order

It's been said many times. AE only stocks black, burgundy, and brown.
post #33874 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Looks like the Merlot Strand is now part of their everyday lineup.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6105_1_40000000001_-1

I approve!


I wish they'd do that for the MacNeil too.
post #33875 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

LoL. I am going to try to start Walnut Wednesdays here (shell or calf is cool). Then I will mix it up between walnut and whiskey. :-)
Dubs, wear walnut on one foot and whiskey on the other...
post #33876 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


It's been said many times. AE only stocks black, burgundy, and brown.

 

Actually, they have done runs of walnut shell. So, they aren't limited to the three colors you listed.

 

However, lighter shell is difficult to find lately, and that's being discussed in the Alden thread. Lighter shell demands better quality material, because flaws are more evident.

 

Now, if the process for producing bourbon shell resembled the process for calf to any extent, bourbon wouldn't be any easier to obtain than walnut. That's because bourbon is burnished walnut.

 

So, while it would be nice to get some lighter shell, I wouldn't hold my breath.

post #33877 of 49564

I don't discriminate... A little walnut any day. Walnut shell Daltons today. 

 

post #33878 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss17 View Post


I also recommend this as a starting point.

So if I'm a 13C in the 5-65, a 14B might work in a 1 or 7?

post #33879 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post

So if I'm a 13C in the 5-65, a 14B might work in a 1 or 7?
Speaking as a fellow weirdly-footed person (I'm a 14AA in every Allen Edmonds last I've tried) -- because they don't offer a 13.5, I'd suggest sticking with whatever the ball measurement is for your foot on a Brannock device and sliding down one width.
post #33880 of 49564

The Black Friday sale shoe list has some models I've never heard of.  In particular the Carson City and MacAdam.

 

Does anyone have more info on these new styles?

 

http://issuu.com/code88/docs/black_friday_2013

post #33881 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post
 

 

Actually, they have done runs of walnut shell. So, they aren't limited to the three colors you listed.

 

However, lighter shell is difficult to find lately, and that's being discussed in the Alden thread. Lighter shell demands better quality material, because flaws are more evident.

 

Now, if the process for producing bourbon shell resembled the process for calf to any extent, bourbon wouldn't be any easier to obtain than walnut. That's because bourbon is burnished walnut.

 

So, while it would be nice to get some lighter shell, I wouldn't hold my breath.

AE is out of Walnut shell as of now and they don't plan to restock it in the future. You are right that they have done runs of walnut shells, but they ran out of it in August, or so they say. 

post #33882 of 49564
I think they are new styles created for black fri. I have seen the MacAdam in person, and the leather quality is a notch below standard AE
post #33883 of 49564

Any of you guys contact Allison regarding a minor MTO?

 

Things like a different colored edge trim or even just adding a tap sole(save $50) to the basic makeup.

 

I know this can be considered as "pushing it" but just wanted to see your thoughts.

post #33884 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post

Someone would try to return them. With all of the return policy and discount tricks that people brag about here, you should know that they can't be trusted...lol. Unless there is an upfront "no return" agreement, I don't think that they'll do it.
Agreed.
post #33885 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post


Speaking as a fellow weirdly-footed person (I'm a 14AA in every Allen Edmonds last I've tried) -- because they don't offer a 13.5, I'd suggest sticking with whatever the ball measurement is for your foot on a Brannock device and sliding down one width.

 

I'm a 'true' 13.5C on a Brannock device; so I guess it makes sense that my Strands (13C) in a long and slim last fit me perfectly. I have a pair of 13C Sanfords (7 last) that are too short and wide (though only 'short' in that the toe box gets too tight too quickly; not like my toes are up against the front. I have 13D 5As that are big but fit alright with insoles.

 

Hence why I think 14B might be my proper size in the 1 or 7.

 

What complicates things even more is that my left foot is noticeably larger than my right foot (and I'm right handed, which is weird) - I think almost a full width's worth. You can tell just by looking at the lacing, especially the respective V-shapes on balmorals. :D 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread