I don't roll them up higher, but that is due to that not being my personal style. I am sure it looks fine, but its just not for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Randolph Loafertagged by Xchange, 3/6/14
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on Yesterday at 6:49 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2256
Styles mentioned in this thread:
if you can grab a daytime pic of the front of the shoe, up close, it should be fairly easy to establish the type of leather
My chocolate brown Daltons have arrived. I really like them. Being on the 1 last they aren't "sleek" but I knew that going in. I also wear an 8E so a bit wide and not that long which I'm sure contributes to the "fatter" look. It'll be interesting to see how they look with dress pants or a suit. I really love the color.
We got some strong wind and rain here the other day so you'll notice the (dead) potted, toppled shrub in the background.
By far my most favorite color Daltons. How did you size these compared to the Strand or McAllister?
I believe there's an antiquated Texas law that makes it illegal to tuck your pants into your boots unless you own at least ten head of cattle.
I was wondering if the toe of your shoes is a little more squishy that your calf or non independence shells. I asked this question regarding my MTO strands a few pages back, but no responses. The toe seems pretty flexible which seems odd to me and I thought maybe it has to do with the lining. Thanks!
Teal, I finally got home from work and had a chance to feel the toe of my Jeffersons. The medallion portion of the shoes are stiff, but it's a little soft above the medallion, but still on the toe portion of the shoe. My 2 year old Walnut Shell Strands are stiff toed all the way up.
As long as they fit you properly, which if you did a MTO, I assume is the case, then you are fine. Hope this helps.
Looks like the Merlot Strand is now part of their everyday lineup.
Franciscan too! Too bad I don't need a Merlot shoe. It looks fantastic.
Pretty sure I see standard calf creases.
That said, they're in great condition for their age! How often did you wear them? How well did you take care of them? How many times have they been resoled?
Just received the Brown and Walnut Cordovan Strand's that I ordered on Monday and I can't stop staring at the photos I took before I had to go back to work.
The brown ones look absolutely perfect. The walnut's have a minor stitching flaw that should be no problem for a cobbler to fix up. With these being a limited run and the only one's in my size, I wouldn't dare send them back.
Walnut Shell Strand, Brown Shell Strand, Burgandy Shell Cambridge:
Walnut Shell Strand, Brown Shell Strand, Burgandy Shell Cambridge:
Walnut Calf Strand, Walnut Shell Strand, Brown Shell Strand:
If I order a pair of walnut shell strands, should I expect them to look like in the above picture, or is that not the normal color of AE's walnut shell?
I'm sized identically as you when wearing the same style of sock (dress sock) 15D on the 5 last but 14E on the 1. That being said if my intent was to use my bayfields for rough stuff with insulated socks I'd have sized up, but instead they're my to office commuters and worn to see clients when it's snowy/wet this winter.
From what I understand, AE is no longer making shoes with walnut shell cordovan. Only brown, black, and burgundy at this point.
Too bad, those are awesome...
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 26 seconds ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw