I sure can, will post some pics in the next few days when I get around to applying the LP
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/6/15 at 1:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:02 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2255
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks for the pic, do you ever roll them higher to show more boot?
Google image search... it's your friend.
Disclaimer: These are not my images. (Click to show)
Ive seen some of those pics, but Im trying to get a good idea for how to cuff/wear jeans and show the boot without them being super tight like with those walnut daltons in that picture.
Has anyone worn their pants tucked into their daltons? Im starting to think that wouldnt work because they are too tight around the ankle...
Mine is like this as well. But the leather is so much thicker and sturdier than calf, so I'm not worried about the toe box maintaining shape...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not too worried either, but just thought it interesting. I don't have creases on the toe so I think I'll be okay.
Hey Teal, Mike should be able to tell you more, but in the meantime I'll say that I don't think it's related to Independence lining. My stock shell cordovan Daltons had the same soft toe. Unfortunately I've read that it can lead to some odd creasing.
Ps - how are you liking the McAllisters? Also I know I owe you a pm!
I don't think it is the lining either. I was told by Allison that the toebox used for shell and calf are the same, which makes me more curious. My shell Daltons are actually pretty stiff on the toebox, but the tip of the wingtip has a crease, which I think is common on the Dalton. It's pretty slight.
I'm liking the McAllisters and they fit well!
You know, I have never checked, not sure how to tell on a shoe this old?? They are fully lined so there is not a place to see the stamp.
Leather soles will hold up much better than you might give them credit in snow and wet. They are actually tanned specifically to be durable, and people have been wearing them in all sorts of conditions forever. If you don't believe that, go take a look at the shit (some) people put their W1K's and OSB Trench Boots through. They handle it just fine. That said, calfskin Daltons won't be great in snow/rain because calfskin isn't great in it. But shell Daltons will hold up just fine, and don't need any treatment unless you want them to be waterproof. The waterproofing isn't to protect the shell as much as it protects your feet from getting wet. Otherwise, shell will dry just fine, and buff up nicely even without waterproofing.
My personal beef isn't about the durability of leather soles in the rain. It's about epic wipeouts on smooth concrete or down steps to the subway platform.
I wore my butyl leather soles mctavish to London recently and (imagine that) it was rainy for most of the trip. I was slipping and sliding all over the sidewalks and cobblestone streets of Kings Cross.
Do they have little micro-lines and creases. If they do they are calf, if they have larger creases then they are shell. It's really hard to tell in the lighting of the picture.
if you can grab a daytime pic of the front of the shoe, up close, it should be fairly easy to establish the type of leather
My chocolate brown Daltons have arrived. I really like them. Being on the 1 last they aren't "sleek" but I knew that going in. I also wear an 8E so a bit wide and not that long which I'm sure contributes to the "fatter" look. It'll be interesting to see how they look with dress pants or a suit. I really love the color.
We got some strong wind and rain here the other day so you'll notice the (dead) potted, toppled shrub in the background.
By far my most favorite color Daltons. How did you size these compared to the Strand or McAllister?
I believe there's an antiquated Texas law that makes it illegal to tuck your pants into your boots unless you own at least ten head of cattle.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Zampa di Gallina : Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Trousers: size 28 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 14 minutes ago
- › Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R &... 15 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 23 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 24 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 27 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 30 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth