I sure can, will post some pics in the next few days when I get around to applying the LP
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 5/24/15 at 7:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2255
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks for the pic, do you ever roll them higher to show more boot?
Google image search... it's your friend.
Disclaimer: These are not my images. (Click to show)
Ive seen some of those pics, but Im trying to get a good idea for how to cuff/wear jeans and show the boot without them being super tight like with those walnut daltons in that picture.
Has anyone worn their pants tucked into their daltons? Im starting to think that wouldnt work because they are too tight around the ankle...
Mine is like this as well. But the leather is so much thicker and sturdier than calf, so I'm not worried about the toe box maintaining shape...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not too worried either, but just thought it interesting. I don't have creases on the toe so I think I'll be okay.
Hey Teal, Mike should be able to tell you more, but in the meantime I'll say that I don't think it's related to Independence lining. My stock shell cordovan Daltons had the same soft toe. Unfortunately I've read that it can lead to some odd creasing.
Ps - how are you liking the McAllisters? Also I know I owe you a pm!
I don't think it is the lining either. I was told by Allison that the toebox used for shell and calf are the same, which makes me more curious. My shell Daltons are actually pretty stiff on the toebox, but the tip of the wingtip has a crease, which I think is common on the Dalton. It's pretty slight.
I'm liking the McAllisters and they fit well!
You know, I have never checked, not sure how to tell on a shoe this old?? They are fully lined so there is not a place to see the stamp.
Leather soles will hold up much better than you might give them credit in snow and wet. They are actually tanned specifically to be durable, and people have been wearing them in all sorts of conditions forever. If you don't believe that, go take a look at the shit (some) people put their W1K's and OSB Trench Boots through. They handle it just fine. That said, calfskin Daltons won't be great in snow/rain because calfskin isn't great in it. But shell Daltons will hold up just fine, and don't need any treatment unless you want them to be waterproof. The waterproofing isn't to protect the shell as much as it protects your feet from getting wet. Otherwise, shell will dry just fine, and buff up nicely even without waterproofing.
My personal beef isn't about the durability of leather soles in the rain. It's about epic wipeouts on smooth concrete or down steps to the subway platform.
I wore my butyl leather soles mctavish to London recently and (imagine that) it was rainy for most of the trip. I was slipping and sliding all over the sidewalks and cobblestone streets of Kings Cross.
Do they have little micro-lines and creases. If they do they are calf, if they have larger creases then they are shell. It's really hard to tell in the lighting of the picture.
if you can grab a daytime pic of the front of the shoe, up close, it should be fairly easy to establish the type of leather
My chocolate brown Daltons have arrived. I really like them. Being on the 1 last they aren't "sleek" but I knew that going in. I also wear an 8E so a bit wide and not that long which I'm sure contributes to the "fatter" look. It'll be interesting to see how they look with dress pants or a suit. I really love the color.
We got some strong wind and rain here the other day so you'll notice the (dead) potted, toppled shrub in the background.
By far my most favorite color Daltons. How did you size these compared to the Strand or McAllister?
I believe there's an antiquated Texas law that makes it illegal to tuck your pants into your boots unless you own at least ten head of cattle.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE MAY 29 2015: Dress like a Fruit...or Vegetable 4 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply fits great, reason to go full canvas? 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 minutes ago
- › Prices Dropped: BNWT LBM 1911 Suits in Size 36/38 Navy Donegal and... 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 9 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan