or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2248

post #33706 of 53266

that right,You had me at the title, should have stopped typing and put a picture in the post instead of that tripe.thanks

O2cpgJ

post #33707 of 53266

There's a 15% sale for belts which is not much different than last months sale where everything was at least 15% off.

 

Have there been better sales on belts? Are they cheaper at the AE outlets?

post #33708 of 53266
Quote:
Originally Posted by shendo View Post

There's a 15% sale for belts which is not much different than last months sale where everything was at least 15% off.

Have there been better sales on belts? Are they cheaper at the AE outlets?

Where did you see the 15% off on belts?
post #33709 of 53266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

Just wanted to keep all my posts separate based on topic, but I wanted to show off my MTO order:

 

Brown Shell Cordovan Strand in 8.5E. They aren't crazy since AE already makes shell strands, but here are the specs of my order. 

 

*DARK BROWN CORDOVAN
*TONE ON TONE
*INDEPENDENCE LINING LEATHER AND INSOLE
*CHILI FLAT WELT
*TRANSPARENT LIGHT BROWN EDGE DRESSING
*SINGLE RENDENBACH SOLE
*WHEELED EDGE DRESSING
*LIGHT BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING

 

Only thing is that he right shoe is a bit tight, and I get some slight bowing. I should have taken the opportunity to get a EE or EEE on just one shoe while I could, but it's not too big of a deal. 

 

Let me know what you guys think!

 

More pictures with details of MTO specifics. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Looks real good!  I think you gambled right by not going with the players.  Crossing my fingers I can work my issues with mine out.  

post #33710 of 53266
Riddle me this:

How to explain calf Patriots in 10EEE, initially very tight, then after break in are a very comfortable fit.

Vs.

Cordovan Patriots of the same size, in which both shoes are loose. The right foot is falling out of the shoe, ie feels too long and too wide. Left shoe is a looser fit vs its calf counterpart, but I would not necessarily size down.

The Cordovan's were sent back to be relasted. AE indicates that they both measure true at 10EEE.

AE is giving me the option of refund, having them redone, or sizing down to 10E or 9.5EEE.
Edited by Buddy0329 - 11/17/13 at 5:36pm
post #33711 of 53266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post

Riddle me this:

How to explain calf Patriots in 10EEE, initially very tight, then after break in are a very comfortable fit.

Vs.

Cordovan Patriots of the same size, in which both shoes are loose. The right foot is falling out of the shoe, ie feels too long and too wide. Left shoe is a looser fit vs its calf counterpart, but I would not necessarily size down.

The Cordovan's were sent back to be relasted. AE indicates that they both measure true at 10EEE.

AE is giving me the option of refund, having them redone, or sizing down to 10E or 9.5EEE.

Cordovan generally tends to be more loose-fitting than the calf.

post #33712 of 53266
All this navy shoe talk, I came across these on the bay:
http://bit.ly/1gX52XX

Brand new 9.5B navy park aves if anyone is interested
post #33713 of 53266

PSA: Black Kenilworths are about $133 with 30% off code on Amazon

post #33714 of 53266
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Cordovan generally tends to be more loose-fitting than the calf.


True. The issue is with such a vast difference in perceived size between the two shoes described how do we explain AE's statement that the shoes are true to size?
post #33715 of 53266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Those are absolutely awesome. I might have to copies these some day! The Strand is my absolute favorite AE shoes. I think that the rolled edging makes any shoe look more refined. Enjoy them and wear them often!

-Mike

Thank you! I think the rolled edges are my favorite part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post


Looks real good!  I think you gambled right by not going with the players.  Crossing my fingers I can work my issues with mine out.  
The strand was certainly a much safer bet since the 5 last was easy to size for me. The last on the players made me chicken out.

Might I suggest trying to rub a spoon or deer bone over the toe with it filled out on the inside? It might mitigate the rolling. Good luck!
post #33716 of 53266
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I can usually tell if a shoe will fit based on the pics on the manufacturer's site...
Not so much with AE's pics... stirpot.gif :roflmao:


Come on now sir... thats just TOO EASY!

 

... but I appreciate you throwing me a bone!

 

and yes, if AE was a halfway decent company they would have a "try this shoe on virtually" option for every shoe.

post #33717 of 53266
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post
 

Pulled the trigger on some walnut calf Daltons from Amazon. 30% + Chase rewards credit + one day delivery = $220 shipped.


I kind of hate you right now. That's how much I paid for used ones!

post #33718 of 53266
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post


Where did you see the 15% off on belts?

 

I received an email about the sale. 15% off belts thru 11/20 with a personal promo code. I'd like to get one of the perforated belts but they're rather expensive even with 15% off. If there are better sales, I can wait.

post #33719 of 53266

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post


Looks real good!  I think you gambled right by not going with the players.  Crossing my fingers I can work my issues with mine out.  

 

I have  pair of calf Players that are creasing on the cap/wingtip also. Oddly, I am getting nice creasing on the vamp. I just figured the last wasn't made for my foot. I have had great success with just about every other last AE makes. Especially the 5.

 

AppleMark

post #33720 of 53266
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

PSA: Black Kenilworths are about $133 with 30% off code on Amazon

Which coupon? The 30SHOES1 coupon is not valid for these shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread