or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2245

post #33661 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

The walnut shell extra stitching is due to being unlined. 
I have a pair that happens to be at recrafting right now due to get stitching replaced. 
Ill show a before and after pic when I get them back. 

Gotcha. Thanks. Makes sense. I really like that extra stitch.

-Mike
post #33662 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

Maiden voyage of my regular burgundy shell MacNeils. They got to see the dentist office today for my root canal. The right shoe has more of a glow than the left but hopefully some brushing and buffing should balance them out. I like the "beefy-ness" of these gunboats. 

 

Off to the root canal!

 

 

 

Out of the box.

 

I wouldn't have worn those to the root canal. I'd want the dentist to concentrate on the work at hand!

 

Seriously, great shoe.  I have the same shoe. :fistbump: I can't decide whether they look better with pants with wide leg openings or more tapered.  

post #33663 of 53316

If anyone is interested… Size 11 shoe bank email from today 11/15 11.0 D Secs 11-15-13.xlsx 37k .xlsx file  

post #33664 of 53316

While I think I know the answer already, are MTOs able to be returned or exchanged @ the Allen Edmonds Store? Please advise.

post #33665 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

While I think I know the answer already, are MTOs able to be returned or exchanged @ the Allen Edmonds Store? Please advise.
I wish...
post #33666 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I wish...

Oh, well. Any luck selling yours, Tif? 

post #33667 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Oh, well. Any luck selling yours, Tif? 
Not as of yet. A couple days left on the eBay auctions.
post #33668 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeselcyde View Post
 

Is this normal for a pair AE's after about 25-30 uses?

 

Defect?

 

 

Normal or not, these are going back to Nordstrom's today.

LOL! If they'll take THOSE back after you admit to wearing them 30 times (and they look every bit like you did), then they have a very generous return policy.

post #33669 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post
 

LOL! If they'll take THOSE back after you admit to wearing them 30 times (and they look every bit like you did), then they have a very generous return policy.

 

Are you saying that after 30 wears the separation is normal?! I think not, this is certainly a defect.

post #33670 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post
 

 

Are you saying that after 30 wears the separation is normal?! I think not, this is certainly a defect.

I agree. They may or may not take them back. But there shouldn't be separation like this after 30 wears (and maybe not even after 300 wears).

post #33671 of 53316
If the purchase date is fairly recent and he bought them at AE, AE would recraft them for free. Nordstrom may not want the hassle of that and may just replace them. That said, the wear on those soles looks like they may be a few years old, which combined with a non-recent purchase date may mean he is out of luck.
post #33672 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post
 

 

Are you saying that after 30 wears the separation is normal?! I think not, this is certainly a defect.


I'm not saying that it's normal or abnormal as I have no clue what types of abuse OP may have put those shoes through, and neither do you. I'm saying that, based on how they look and the fact that he's worn them at least 30 times already, it's hard to believe that any retail store would take them back. "Like new" is a pretty standard requirement. When the item looks as thoroughly used as those shoes do, even proving that there was a defect to begin with (and not just abuse) could be a tall task. Either way, the people of Nordstrom are saints if they give a refund.

post #33673 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

They also don't make the shaker heights in black. I have three tweed blazers that I wear pretty regularly through the winter. The brown ones would be nice for a pairing methinks but $$$.

Spending money on having jackets altered for now. Heh.

 

They have a shaker heights in black in Birmingham, AL store.  Note sure why it's not online.  Maybe it will pop back up later on.

post #33674 of 53316
Here is my first attempt at dying a pair of shoes navy. I picked them up on eBay, but I am unsure what the style is that AE uses to describe these, they are on the 7 last. Any ideas what the model is?

null_zps09aa96b4.jpg
post #33675 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtaylor View Post
 

 

They have a shaker heights in black in Birmingham, AL store.  Note sure why it's not online.  Maybe it will pop back up later on.

 

Oh shit son. Really? Damn. I know what my next boot is going to be!!!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedBird View Post

Here is my first attempt at dying a pair of shoes navy. I picked them up on eBay, but I am unsure what the style is that AE uses to describe these, they are on the 7 last. Any ideas what the model is?

null_zps09aa96b4.jpg


Are those dyed already? They look amazing!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread