or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2218

post #33256 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


Precisely. Took about 5 weeks to get. My Cappuccino Jeffersons only took 4 weeks.

-Mike

I am patiently waiting for my MTO. 

I am 3.5 weeks in.

I have a feeling they are going to drop about the same time as I have 2 other preorders due. 

post #33257 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post

wearing my Long Branch for the first time today.  LOVE them (except the heel squeaks a little while walking, hopefully this will go away as they break in).


Great boot! Congrats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

Those Harrisons are so gorgeous! Its a shame that sole won't look like that for long. worship.gif

A little better pic of my Merlot Macneil webgems today on their maiden voyage. Not sure if I'm doing right with Navy pants but it is what it is. The color on these are gorgeous. In some lights red in others purple. Something about them makes me hungry for Steak and a glass of Red Wine. lol8%5B1%5D.gif



icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Navy pants are fine. Would like to see how this color compares to AEs current #8/burgundy.
post #33258 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post


Great boot! Congrats.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Navy pants are fine. Would like to see how this color compares to AEs current #8/burgundy.

I was looking at the old catalogs online and noticed AE used to use "Black Cherry" shell cordovan.

I wonder if it was any different than the burgundy (or how it compares).

post #33259 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

Those Harrisons are so gorgeous!  Its a shame that sole won't look like that for long. :worship:

 

A little better pic of my Merlot Macneil webgems today on their maiden voyage.  Not sure if I'm doing right with Navy pants but it is what it is.  The color on these are gorgeous.  In some lights red in others purple.  Something about them makes me hungry for Steak and a glass of Red Wine.  :lol:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Looks great.

post #33260 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

I was looking at the old catalogs online and noticed AE used to use "Black Cherry" shell cordovan.

I wonder if it was any different than the burgundy (or how it compares).

I know that AE's burgundy was a lot lighter than the current version.  Maybe, like Alden's ravello.

post #33261 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

I was looking at the old catalogs online and noticed AE used to use "Black Cherry" shell cordovan.

I wonder if it was any different than the burgundy (or how it compares).

 

I have no idea if it's the same, but for what it's worth, Freemans Sporting Club sells the Kenilworth in "Cherry" cordovan:

 

http://shop.freemanssportingclub.com/products/ae-x-fsc-kenilworth

post #33262 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

I know that AE's burgundy was a lot lighter than the current version.  Maybe, like Alden's ravello.

It is pretty dark in most lights and I like that about it.  In bright sunlight it comes out but not much.  It sometimes has a purple look to it.  

post #33263 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post
 

 

I have no idea if it's the same, but for what it's worth, Freemans Sporting Club sells the Kenilworth in "Cherry" cordovan:

 

http://shop.freemanssportingclub.com/products/ae-x-fsc-kenilworth

The perfect model/leather combination imo. Too bad it goes for such a high price. I wonder why freemans exclusives never show up on seconds lists like other retailers' models that AE produces for.

post #33264 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post
 

The perfect model/leather combination imo. Too bad it goes for such a high price. I wonder why freemans exclusives never show up on seconds lists like other retailers' models that AE produces for.

 

They will turn up every now and then.  I've come across a pair or two in a brick and mortar outlet, so they should be in the computer system as well.  Also, see FREEDBIRD's listings.  Some of his are from FSC: http://www.styleforum.net/classifieds/feedback/index/current/classifieds/user_id/23784

post #33265 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

I have no idea if it's the same, but for what it's worth, Freemans Sporting Club sells the Kenilworth in "Cherry" cordovan:

http://shop.freemanssportingclub.com/products/ae-x-fsc-kenilworth
That is quite a price!
post #33266 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

I have no idea if it's the same, but for what it's worth, Freemans Sporting Club sells the Kenilworth in "Cherry" cordovan:

http://shop.freemanssportingclub.com/products/ae-x-fsc-kenilworth

Sweet! My MTO should look similar to that, but with exposed eyelets and a lighter sole edge.
post #33267 of 53316

great looking shoe!

post #33268 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

Those Harrisons are so gorgeous!  Its a shame that sole won't look like that for long. worship.gif

A little better pic of my Merlot Macneil webgems today on their maiden voyage.  Not sure if I'm doing right with Navy pants but it is what it is.  The color on these are gorgeous.  In some lights red in others purple.  Something about them makes me hungry for Steak and a glass of Red Wine.  lol8%5B1%5D.gif



Damn ! I am so jealous.
Cash flow and logistics prevented me from ordering the Merlot MacNeil.
Jeffersonville said they'll keep an eye out if any seconds pop up in my size, but said it's unlikely.

They look great. Burgundy MacNeils should be a regular model.
Otherwise, I'll have to keep saving for the Cordovan ones.
post #33269 of 53316
Edited
Edited by tifosi - 11/8/13 at 3:43pm
post #33270 of 53316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odradek View Post


Damn ! I am so jealous.
Cash flow and logistics prevented me from ordering the Merlot MacNeil.
Jeffersonville said they'll keep an eye out if any seconds pop up in my size, but said it's unlikely.

They look great. Burgundy MacNeils should be a regular model.
Otherwise, I'll have to keep saving for the Cordovan ones.

Thanks!  I was a little worried they would be too much with all the broguing but the color keeps it in check.  I actually drained my clothes/shoes budget and wasn't anticipating on purchasing them.  My wife surprised me for sweetest day.  She's a keeper.  I think they are my favorite AE's so far.  Although once my MTO cordovans come in that may change. :bigstar: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread