Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/11/15 at 5:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2217
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks you guys! I am very stoked about them. They came out much nicer than I expected.
They look great! I'd be interested in seeing the reaction from non-AE fans. Maybe it's worth a cross post into wurger's quintessential black cap toe oxford thread.
Those Harrisons are so gorgeous! Its a shame that sole won't look like that for long.
A little better pic of my Merlot Macneil webgems today on their maiden voyage. Not sure if I'm doing right with Navy pants but it is what it is. The color on these are gorgeous. In some lights red in others purple. Something about them makes me hungry for Steak and a glass of Red Wine.
Allen Edmonds Harrison MTO in Black Shell Cordovan
I finally got my MTO Harrison's. I didn't do anything too fancy, just changed the upper from the supple leather to shell cordovan. The results are absolutely amazing. The black shell cordovan is absolutely flawless. Here is a sneak peak. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those are far and away the sleekest looking AE's I've ever seen. Very nice! Do you mind revealing how much those cost with shell? If you want to PM me rather than post it here I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Also, how long was the wait?
Actually, yes. I wear an 8.5D/E in the 5-65 (I wear an 8.5D, but am confident an E would fit pretty well also). From all the reviews of them not fitting well, I ordered an 8.5EEE, 9D, 9EEE, and 9.5D. I assumed an 8.5D simply wouldn't work. Again, they haven't arrived yet, but it's possible I'll have something that works well for you. I'll certainly get back to you. First step is getting to login again. ;)
Let me know which pair you decide to keep. I wonder if the 9D or 8.5EEE would work best for me.
Here's to getting your slippers and your account access soon.
I don't need to sit on the board to see something that is blindingly obvious.
Over the next 2-5 years you will gradually witness an increase in lines that are outsourced overseas. By 2018 I'd wager the company as a whole will be doing roughly 30-50% of their total manufacturing through outsourced facilities.
There's no need trying to explain. Just wait and see. We'll find out soon enough who is right and who is wrong.
By the way, how long was RL made in the US and Italy before they began outsourcing to Asia? Brooks Bros? Shall I go on?
Yep. It only take a bit of common sense if you know business and a little about M&A.
This is a transaction from one PE to another. This is not an aquisition of a struggling company by a PE firm. If there was ever an opportune time to move production overseas, it would have been under the previous ownership. They kept production domestic, and even increased the number of employees in the US during the financially trying times that the US experienced in 2008-2009. For AE, this is the main point of differentiation from other brands. With the growth that AE experienced under Goldner Hawn- Johnson Morrison, a smart firm would fund a proven successful model before changing it. But, as you stated, only time will tell.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 35 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 18 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 35 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 39 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 42 minutes ago
- › The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread 42 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 44 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth