Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 2:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 4/11/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 2217
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks you guys! I am very stoked about them. They came out much nicer than I expected.
They look great! I'd be interested in seeing the reaction from non-AE fans. Maybe it's worth a cross post into wurger's quintessential black cap toe oxford thread.
Those Harrisons are so gorgeous! Its a shame that sole won't look like that for long.
A little better pic of my Merlot Macneil webgems today on their maiden voyage. Not sure if I'm doing right with Navy pants but it is what it is. The color on these are gorgeous. In some lights red in others purple. Something about them makes me hungry for Steak and a glass of Red Wine.
Allen Edmonds Harrison MTO in Black Shell Cordovan
I finally got my MTO Harrison's. I didn't do anything too fancy, just changed the upper from the supple leather to shell cordovan. The results are absolutely amazing. The black shell cordovan is absolutely flawless. Here is a sneak peak. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those are far and away the sleekest looking AE's I've ever seen. Very nice! Do you mind revealing how much those cost with shell? If you want to PM me rather than post it here I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Also, how long was the wait?
Actually, yes. I wear an 8.5D/E in the 5-65 (I wear an 8.5D, but am confident an E would fit pretty well also). From all the reviews of them not fitting well, I ordered an 8.5EEE, 9D, 9EEE, and 9.5D. I assumed an 8.5D simply wouldn't work. Again, they haven't arrived yet, but it's possible I'll have something that works well for you. I'll certainly get back to you. First step is getting to login again. ;)
Let me know which pair you decide to keep. I wonder if the 9D or 8.5EEE would work best for me.
Here's to getting your slippers and your account access soon.
I don't need to sit on the board to see something that is blindingly obvious.
Over the next 2-5 years you will gradually witness an increase in lines that are outsourced overseas. By 2018 I'd wager the company as a whole will be doing roughly 30-50% of their total manufacturing through outsourced facilities.
There's no need trying to explain. Just wait and see. We'll find out soon enough who is right and who is wrong.
By the way, how long was RL made in the US and Italy before they began outsourcing to Asia? Brooks Bros? Shall I go on?
Yep. It only take a bit of common sense if you know business and a little about M&A.
This is a transaction from one PE to another. This is not an aquisition of a struggling company by a PE firm. If there was ever an opportune time to move production overseas, it would have been under the previous ownership. They kept production domestic, and even increased the number of employees in the US during the financially trying times that the US experienced in 2008-2009. For AE, this is the main point of differentiation from other brands. With the growth that AE experienced under Goldner Hawn- Johnson Morrison, a smart firm would fund a proven successful model before changing it. But, as you stated, only time will tell.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › "Giving Reputation" 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 11 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Cigars 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan